Epcot/Magic Kingdom to Polynesian

Disneylover1970

Mouseketeer
what’s the best way to get to the Polynesian from Epcot? We have ADR for breakfast at Kona at 8:15am. We are staying at Pop Century. I think we will have to go to Epcot first because of Extra Magic Hours, the bus going early to Epcot at 7:30am. My question is can we take the bus to Epcot and then hop on the monorail to the Polynesian? Thank you

what’s the best way to get to the Polynesian from Epcot? We have ADR for breakfast at Kona at 8:15am. We are staying at Pop Century. I think we will have to go to Epcot first because of Extra Magic Hours, the bus going early to Epcot at 7:30am. My question is can we take the bus to Epcot and then hop on the monorail to the Polynesian? Thank you

Epcot monorail to the TTC then walk could work but it’s not without some possible concerns. Monorail hours can change week to week, but the Epcot line often starts running at 7:30am. That could make for a relatively tight timing to get to Poly for your 8:15 ADR and doesn’t leave much room for any error. This link posts the weekly Times Guide which has monorail hours: https://www.orlandoparksnews.com/p/weekly-walt-disney-world-times-guides.html?m=1

But make sure to check it for when you are there just to make sure it’s running when you need it. This week, for example, had an odd 9am start on Monday.

Question, why do you say you “have to go to Epcot first for Extra Magic Hours”?

I’d be more inclined to take a bus from Pop to MK, then Resort Monorail around to Poly. The Resort Monorail usually has earlier hours and would be a safer bet, in my opinion.

Agree the Uber/Lyft/Taxi would be the most efficient if an option for you.

Thank you everyone, I appreciate the replies. I think I’ll just changed our reservations. We were just going there for the Tonga Toast.

Thank you everyone, I appreciate the replies. I think I’ll just changed our reservations. We were just going there for the Tonga Toast.

You’re saving yourself a giant headache by canceling, Kona Cafe isn’t worth the travel hoops from Pop that early. If all you want is Tonga Toast take two hours out of an MK day, hop on the monorail to the Poly, and get your fix at Captain Cooks. Get a Lapu Lapu or a Dole Whip while you’re there, take in the scenery, the hop on the monorail right back to MK when you’re good and ready.

Op: you could have just taken a bus to MK and then either the resort monorail or the boat.

The buses to the parks start about 6:30 am even when park opening is at 9. I have gotten a bus to MK about that time and had to wait for security to finish setting up for the morning.

Op: you could have just taken a bus to MK and then either the resort monorail or the boat.

The buses to the parks start about 6:30 am even when park opening is at 9. I have gotten a bus to MK about that time and had to wait for security to finish setting up for the morning.
Thank you. Good to know. Someone replied that buses don’t run till 45 minutes before the park opening?
That my original plan take a bus from Pop Century to MK then the monorail to Polynesian then either take monorail or bus to Epcot. I changed the reservation from 8:15 to 9:15am.

We've talked in the other thread about breakfast. It's funny because we often stay at Pop and breakfast at Kona (we do Kona breakfast at least once a trip, as we like it so much). What we do is take the bus to MK, then the monorail to Poly. Yes, you can't go by the official Disney line; the buses run early starting somewhere around 6:30-7:00 am. Don't forget about the boat option from MK to Poly if you need it. Also, as long as the monorail is running, take the monorail to EPCOT from Poly, IMO.

Thank you. Good to know. Someone replied that buses don’t run till 45 minutes before the park opening?
That my original plan take a bus from Pop Century to MK then the monorail to Polynesian then either take monorail or bus to Epcot. I changed the reservation from 8:15 to 9:15am.

Yeah, x2 on what PP said. Disney publishes that 45 min thing in lots of places, but it’s terribly misleading. MK buses (and other parks too) start rolling around 6:30 (or earlier when needed) every day of the year.

We've talked in the other thread about breakfast. It's funny because we often stay at Pop and breakfast at Kona (we do Kona breakfast at least once a trip, as we like it so much). What we do is take the bus to MK, then the monorail to Poly. Yes, you can't go by the official Disney line; the buses run early starting somewhere around 6:30-7:00 am. Don't forget about the boat option from MK to Poly if you need it. Also, as long as the monorail is running, take the monorail to EPCOT from Poly, IMO.

Thanks everyone

Mome Rath, this is what we’re going to do. We already booked Crystal Palace for our MK day because we like that, we’re only doing the one day at MK but wanted to try Kona. We have ADR at Kona for 9:15 instead of 8:15(I was afraid the bus or monorail wouldn’t be running), our first FP isn’t till 12:10 at Epcot. What we will probably do is take an early bus/monorail to Polynesian and see if we can get in otherwise sightsee.

I think we have to take the monorail from Polynesian to TTC and switch monorail to Epcot Express?

Last edited:
Thanks everyone

Mome Rath, this is what we’re going to do. We already booked Crystal Palace for our MK day because we like that, we’re only doing the one day at MK but wanted to try Kona. We have ADR at Kona for 9:15 instead of 8:15(I was afraid the bus or monorail wouldn’t be running), our first FP isn’t till 12:10 at Epcot. What we will probably do is take an early bus/monorail to Polynesian and see if we can get in otherwise sightsee.

I think we have to take the monorail from Polynesian to TTC and switch monorail to Epcot Express?

Definitely check with Kona when you get there, just tell them you have an ADR for 9:15 but wanted to see if you could get seated earlier, sometimes it works, sometimes not but they are good with telling you. The big gift shop at Poly is downstairs and is definitely worth a look. Yes, when you board at Poly, you'll get out at TTC and then on a different monorail to EPCOT. If you need to move your FP's you can try to modify the times early or later. Sounds like a good plan to me!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter