Epcot Morning EMH

cjlong88

DIS Veteran
Any strategies that work great when rope dropping Epcot during morning EMH (8-9am)? How are the lines for Soarin', TT, and FEA?

My preferred order:
FEA
TT
Soarin'

(Some would swap the order of FEA and TT.)

Does anyone ever head straight to the Elsa & Anna meet and greet? That's what my fam will be gunning for. :)
If you are talking about on a "regular hours" (NON-AM EMH) day, I would do the meet(s) right after riding the Frozen attraction.
If you don't intend to ride the Frozen attraction, you can certainly do the meet(s) first.

If you are asking about an AM EMH morning, I am not sure that the Anna and Elsa meets are open for AM EMH.

Last edited:
We do a beeline for Soaring standby, then we do whatever else we want to do on that side LWTL, Nemo, The Seas etc. Then we head to other side and do FP's for TT, Mission Space, and Spaceship Earth. By then it's after noon and we head back to WS.

One thing to be aware of is depending on weather sometimes Test Track has not been open during EMH. We've even seen it open late morning on a beautiful sunny day because it had been humid/foggy the night before. We tend to rope drop Soarin' and get a fastpass for Test Track just in case it isn't cooperating.

We've also been able to rope drop it during EMH and ride multiple times without much wait so it can work - there is just more risk with Test Track.

Thanks for the input! We have two days planned at Epcot. The second day we have FP's for TT, SE, and MS. Our main focus at the morning EMH will be FEA, Soarin', and Living with the Land.

Hey @cjlong88 how did your plan work out? How were the waits?

Found this thread while trying to plan a similar day, although TT will be down while we are there.

Currently have my T1 FP for Soarin but am thinking of changing that to FEA.

Hey @cjlong88 how did your plan work out? How were the waits?

Found this thread while trying to plan a similar day, although TT will be down while we are there.

Currently have my T1 FP for Soarin but am thinking of changing that to FEA.

Hello! We don’t leave for WDW until December 25th. I keep checking FP’s and it seems that Soarin’ consistently has more and earlier FP times available, which makes me believe I might have a better shot of snagging that as a 4th FP. Although I have snagged FEA as a 4th FP before, it was on a much less crowded time of year.

Right now my plan is RD Epcot during EMH on 12/26. Hit Soarin’, LwtL, and Nemo.

On 12/29 we will RD Frozen and then use our FP’s for SE, M:S, and TT. We hope to score Soarin’ as a 4th. Our third FP will be tapped in right at 11am or earlier so fingers crossed!

We were just in Epcot the morning of 12/5 (RoTR opening day, so take from that what you will). They had EMH from 7 am to 8 am and a regular opening opening at 8 am. We had an FP for Frozen ride, but when we arrived around 8:30, the standby line was only 5 minutes. The wait to meet Elsa and Anna was 40 minutes. Earlier in the trip (Sunday, Dec. 1) we had no problem getting on Soarin around 7:30 pm.

Have you done this already? If so, how was it?
Wondering if it’s a good strategy ‘
The day we were planning to do it, Epcot moved their EMH to 7 am from 8 am. It was the opening day of Rise of the Resistance. (Dec. 5, I think?). We just weren't up for getting there by 7 am, so we got to Norway around 8:30 and the standby line for the Frozen ride was 5 minutes, but the line to meet Anna and Elsa was 50. So, if meeting Anna and Elsa is important to you, I would say yes, get there as early as possible. Epcot was completely dead that morning, with walk-ons galore, yet meeting Anna & Elsa was almost an hour wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!