Does anyone have any info on the rumor of them painting Spaceship Earth rose gold?
You're the only person I've heard say anything about that but it doesn't exactly sound likely. It's a fairly ridiculous idea to start, and I can't imagine Disney would choose to paint something and then maintain the paint than just leave it with its natural aluminum that costs them nothing.

Ok well i also keep reading around, and notice a lot of places are saying that Epcot World Center is getting a new resort?
Like extremely close to the park, similar to the Galaxy's Edge resort is to Hollywood Studios.

Ok well i also keep reading around, and notice a lot of places are saying that Epcot World Center is getting a new resort?
Like extremely close to the park, similar to the Galaxy's Edge resort is to Hollywood Studios.
There's been plenty of rumors surrounding that. Potentially a new hotel near International Gateway or the Main Entrance. International Gateway seemed more likely from the last info I had heard.

That is a rumor yes. I suggest you take a look at the rumor tracking thread.

New Epcot name? Epcot World Center?

eahb2v.jpg

Saw this post on instagram yesterday. Apparently they had an interesting response from Disney.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BmRisEnhBkR/

forgottendisneyworldPhoto Credit: Disney Parks -
*cue Epcot Center loop*
What has Epcot become? What does Epcot mean to you in 2018? We’ve done a lot of reflecting the past week about the meaning of Epcot, and what it used to mean, versus now. If you didn’t know, we wrote an article about Epcot (link will be on our ig story *24 hrs*) and emailed it to Bob Iger, and he, along with other Imagineers/CEOs read it.

Epcot Center was home to many beloved, iconic attractions Walt Disney World has created. 95% of those attractions are a thing of the past, while the only attractions left behind are Spaceship Earth and Living with the Land, as well as leaving Body Wars and Cranium Command abandoned and dismantled. Are we witnessing Epcot’s biggest downfall, just only 1-2 years away from its complete overhaul? How do you feel about Epcot now as compared to its golden days? -

forgottendisneyworld @geoffriccio We got a call from Iger's executive correspondent He really seemed kinda off (talking about Epcot in the 70s, yet it wasn't even open) But he did appreciate that guests like us had this sense of connection and nostalgia and told us to "look out for Disney Parks Blog and D23"

"Kinda off" ....

Attachments

• 38536884_223167235062822_6081827575519248384_n[1].jpg
    38536884_223167235062822_6081827575519248384_n[1].jpg
    112.9 KB · Views: 17
An observation: do you notice when this Disney exec says, "he did appreciate guests like us had this sense of connection and nostalgia"

... that these guys never talk about THEIR connection and THEIR nostalgia? Or mention that, even if they weren't a long-time Disney fan and employee themselves, they have become huge enthusiasts for the parks/movies and they're in awe of the history?

Guys ... you're allowed to talk about your own feelings. In fact, our feelings ... our connection and nostalgia ... don't serve much purpose unless you share them.

If your view of the parks is basically as a balance sheet, and you feel like you're catering to a bunch of sweet, goofy nerds that you would never sit down and have a beer with and talk about Body Wars and Horizons ... for the sheer pleasure of it ... I'm not sure if you should be calling the shots.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!