Epcot park closure NYE...will we get back in? Any other tips?

deedubb

Always Grumpy, except when at Disney!
Considering having dinner somewhere outside of the park (Boardwalk somewhere) but concerned that we won't get back into the park. Likely done dinner by 7pm.

Any recent experience on this?

Any other useful NYE tips appreciated.

Epcot won't close due to capacity.

That only happened once, and that was on the night of the change from 1999 to 2000.
(AKA, the "Fake turn of the century." AKA, "Y2K.")

Won't happen this year.

Considering having dinner somewhere outside of the park (Boardwalk somewhere) but concerned that we won't get back into the park. Likely done dinner by 7pm.

Any recent experience on this?

Any other useful NYE tips appreciated.
Search for last year's posts but basically, don't camp out. Wander around and experience the different activities/shows the areas have to offer. Camping out is just not necessary at Epcot, with the round layout, and the water being in the center. Affords you good viewing from practically everywhere.

Don't wait till the last minute to go potty. Lines for bathrooms will be LONG. They were way longer than any food or drink line. Though I understand the one outside IG is the better option, if you are in that vicinity, try to use it.

Don't let the thought of the crowds scare or intimidate you. The CM have traffic flow down to a science. It's crowded like nothing I've ever seen but at no point was there a traffic jam, not around the WS areas at least. We could move freely back and forth, following the paths laid out.

Oh, and push that dinner out an hour or so. Don't wait till 7:00 to come back in. I'd want to be back in an hour before that, at least, to give myself time to walk around to see everything going on.

That will be fine. We stay at one of the BW resorts (this year, the Dolphin) every NYE and we usually don't make it back into Epcot until 6-8 pm on NYE. You will miss the hats and horns if that makes a difference to you. Last year the little portable bar near Coral Reef had a stash of hats for customers.

Don't worry about phase closures in Epcot, you'll definitely get back in. Some tips? Visit the dance parties. They really are awesome! Lines for food and drinks are going to be extremely long so if you think you'll get hungry maybe pack some food or be prepared to wait. Also, don't leave right after fireworks. Wait maybe 10-15 minutes to let the masses leave. You also might be able to hop in line for a ride on your way out if it's still before closing and there aren't long lines then. Have a great time!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter