epcot rope drop without fast pass? soarin or fea?

Princess2R

Mouseketeer
I've always had fast pass for fea in the afternoon, with no fast passes , should we rope drop frozen and make our way back to soarin & the other attractions?

Test track is lower of a priority but I want to minimize waits for frozen & soarin with the best strategy.

Things are changing rapidly.

I was in Epcot Sept 9. Soarin' was a walk on most of the day - with some odd 30/40min waits during the day. Frozen was 20/45min waits until 6PM when it was about 5 min. I did it 3 times before closing. Sun Sept. 13 was different; Frozen never really dropped below 45min. Sorin' stayed pretty steady at 20/30min all day.

Things are changing rapidly.

I was in Epcot Sept 9. Soarin' was a walk on most of the day - with some odd 30/40min waits during the day. Frozen was 20/45min waits until 6PM when it was about 5 min. I did it 3 times before closing. Sun Sept. 13 was different; Frozen never really dropped below 45min. Sorin' stayed pretty steady at 20/30min all day.
Thank you ! This is useful information !

Is it a disadvantage to rope drop from the IG for Frozen?

If you are at one of the hotels that leads to the International Gateway ( YC/BC, BWI, S&D - and Pop, CBR and Riv via Skyway ) IG is the best way to go to get to FEA for rope drop.

If you are at any of the other hotels the bus leaves you off at the front of the park. You could Uber to BWI or BC for a shorter walk to IG which depending on party size may be worth it.

Please share what rider switch is if possible? I have never heard this term. Thank you.

With Rider Switch, one adult can wait with a non-rider (or riders) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests, and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again!

With Rider Switch, one adult can wait with a non-rider (or riders) while the rest of the party enjoys the attraction. When the other adult returns, they can supervise the non-riding Guests, and the waiting adult can board the attraction without having to wait in the regular line again!

Do all parties still need to wait in line together or the one with the minor can walk around / possible doing an easy rider while waiting?

We are going to EPCOT the Saturday after Thanksgiving and is expecting a super busy part day. I'm thinking to do rope drop for Frozen, after that, my son and my husband can get in line for Test drive, if me and my 2-year old daughter doesn't have to be in line with them, I am thinking to do Gran Fiesta tour with her while waiting for them. and after they get off, my daughter can ride the Gran Fiesta with them again while waiting for me to do the test track. We may be able to save some time that way.

Please let me know if that is feasible or we will be better off still stick together to finish the test track before moving on to the next.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!