Epcot scooter rental

teach22180

DIS Veteran
I have a new injury that might be lingering in 5 weeks when I'm back in Disney World. I'm thinking I might need a scooter at a park or two. I've been reading all your helpful tips on this board, but i can't see anywhere if scooters are available at the intl gateway at Epcot. I'll be on the gondolas, so I'm curious. Thank you for the answer!

Yes, there should be Parks rentals available at the International Gateway entrance.

If you are considering renting for more than a couple of days, you will most likely save money by renting from an outside vendor - not to mention it gives you the use of the scooter at the Resort hotels (which, as you know, can feel twice as huge when you are in pain) and at Disney Springs, which is just *so* much bigger than it used it to be! (Or, who knows... maybe it isn't really bigger... it just feels that way, like how when you fall, the ground gets harder and further away with every year that passes!)

You can also consider other solutions, though. Some folks don't really need a scooter as much as they need a place to sit, and in that case, you can rent a wheelchair, and just push it around until you need It. Main thing there is that if you will need to sit while it is moving, you will need to have someone with you who can push you - most folks are *not* ready to self-propel at WDW unless they do it in their daily lives.

A rollator is another idea - it also gives you a seat when you need it, and something to hang on to while you walk. You can rent rollators from outside vendors, but it might be cheaper to just buy one outright; basic models can start around the $65 area on Amazon.

Last but not least, remember that airports can be HUGE - with long concourses, so plan accordingly if you are flying into Orlando. Wheelchairs, scooters, rollators, walkers, etc. all fly for free on all US domestic airlines as medical equipment, and will be gate-checked for you by the airline.

Have a great trip!

I have a new injury that might be lingering in 5 weeks when I'm back in Disney World. I'm thinking I might need a scooter at a park or two. I've been reading all your helpful tips on this board, but i can't see anywhere if scooters are available at the intl gateway at Epcot. I'll be on the gondolas, so I'm curious. Thank you for the answer!

I know from personal experience. My first ECV rental (on 2 separate days) was at the International Gateway entrance. Maybe I was just very lucky about availability, but both times I went in around noontime, during the Food and Wine Festival, and had no problem getting an ECV. This was 4-5 years ago.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter