Epcot Space Restaurant News

Status
Not open for further replies.
This makes me wonder what the overall theme of Epcot will be. If Future World continues with that name it all seems to fit together loosely at best. Guardians of the Galaxy musical adventure? o_O

A space themed restaurant seems like a fun idea. The food is a little bit of a worry but who really cares if the theming is well done.

Its great to see all the new additions coming to future world. hopefully along with those they utilize some of the empty venues such as wonders of life and inject some more unexpected attractions. Also, do we think that if they do build a hotel at the front it will make foot traffic worse to the park? better? Id imagine there going to just have a walk way from the hotel to the monorail platform and this would be a deluxe resort at which they will charge a premium for.

This makes me wonder what the overall theme of Epcot will be. If Future World continues with that name it all seems to fit together loosely at best. Guardians of the Galaxy musical adventure? o_O

A space themed restaurant seems like a fun idea. The food is a little bit of a worry but who really cares if the theming is well done.
Patina is operating it so it should be good!

:)

That’s authentic to Europe though. I went to a restaurant in Germany with just 3 loooooong tables and sitting right next to strangers. Doesn’t bother me that much

Definitely! That's why I don't mind it at places like that.

But, I also hate it at places that are not "supposed to be" like that... it's not the proximity to the people, physically, I guess...it's the inability to carry on a conversation with my dining partners b/c I can't hear them over my neighbor's chatter...

This is why we don't go back to Coral Reef...we got one of the communal tables there and it was uncomfortable, to say the least. They were NOT happy to have us seated next to them, and my choices were staring at them through my meal, staring at my plate, or craning around to talk to my family. Nope.

What would really fire me up, beyond all belief, is if they got the rights to have The Restaurant at the End of the Universe. Seriously, think Coral Reef but instead of the aquarium, a massive IMAX type screen showing End of the Universe scene, played backward and forward, from one of the greatest Sci-Fi Trilogies ever written. I would certainly pay for a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster.

You just need to go to France! Le Dernier Bar Avant la fin du Monde has a Pan Galactic Gargle Blaster on the menu.

Now THIS looks cool and like Epcot! Love it! As for the food, I can imagine it being molecular gastronomy. Futuristic, weird looking but tasty.

As for the food, I can imagine it being molecular gastronomy. Futuristic, weird looking but tasty.

Liquid steaks that taste great, squeezed from toothpaste like tubes into waiting mouth! (maybe ms. Ally will finally learn how to squeeze from the end of the tube and not the center pirate: Ah, who am I kidding!)

The theme for ECPOT has been a bit sketchy at best for a while - really was always a smash up of a World's Fair and then the World Showcase .... honestly, I know it was in a prior plan to change the name of Future World to Discovery World and maybe that makes sense - At this point are any of the pavilions based on a view of the future? More of them are looking back on how we got where we are and where we can go from there - I think "Discover" fits better anyway

As for the food - as long as they have that freeze dried Ice Cream I am good!
space-food-astronaut-ice-cream-neapolitan-.jpg

I think the plan to re-purpose the Odyssey into the Festival Center/flex space is good because it leaves the Wonders of Life pavilion available for...something!
Maybe if they give Universal lots and lots of money and a few draft picks and then bat their eyes endearingly then they could put Wakanda in there. Universal can be bought. Maybe... ;)

Disney needs to quit calling that area Future World though. Just stop, it makes no sense.

I said on another thread I just picture freeze dried food.

While I'm sure they come through and do something great, it seems like quite the challenge!!
You obviously haven't been eating at Disney recently have you? I haven't come through with any great food menus in a long time. Dining at Disney used to be a great experience 20 years ago and has declined ever since!

Most exciting food thing may be a special colored drink or something like that, they certainly are going out of their way to create a special menu of any type.

You obviously haven't been eating at Disney recently have you? I haven't come through with any great food menus in a long time. Dining at Disney used to be a great experience 20 years ago and has declined ever since!

Most exciting food thing may be a special colored drink or something like that, they certainly are going out of their way to create a special menu of any type.

I think that was true for a while, but of recent I think they have been more inventive. Skipper's Canteen is rather creative - especially considering it is in the Magic Kingdom and Sautu'li Canteen is really good and not typical themepark food. Even the menu for Andy's Lunch Box looks a bit inventive - or at least not typical buregers/chicken fingers

I think that was true for a while, but of recent I think they have been more inventive. Skipper's Canteen is rather creative - especially considering it is in the Magic Kingdom and Sautu'li Canteen is really good and not typical themepark food. Even the menu for Andy's Lunch Box looks a bit inventive - or at least not typical buregers/chicken fingers

I agree with both in part! Especially with new dining in Disney Springs they seem to be improving after years of decline.

Also, I tend to go to the same places I really like so have certain expectations going in!

The AKL/AK is always great, which is what I typically focus on in terms of food.

So I wonder what the bathrooms will be like in this restaurant? Will they be authentic to, say, the shuttle experience? J/K.

I think it would pretty interesting if they could safely do something to the floor to simulate motion (as if you're about to go into hyper-drive). Maybe put just a small rumble on your feet. Maybe you're on a space station?

So I wonder what the bathrooms will be like in this restaurant? Will they be authentic to, say, the shuttle experience? J/K.

I think it would pretty interesting if they could safely do something to the floor to simulate motion (as if you're about to go into hyper-drive). Maybe put just a small rumble on your feet. Maybe you're on a space station?

I think it would be conflict of interest in a restaurant...... motion sickness while eating and all.....

"Just don't look at the floor, Jimmy.... or the windows.... or, well, just stare at your plate...."
They would need to tuck the purple bags into the seat backs.....

I think it would be conflict of interest in a restaurant...... motion sickness while eating and all.....

"Just don't look at the floor, Jimmy.... or the windows.... or, well, just stare at your plate...."
They would need to tuck the purple bags into the seat backs.....

Oh, I'm not saying it would be violent. Have it intermittent and as a low rumble only on the floor sections where some/the tables are. In reading some info. further, it looks like the view-port will be a pretty docile view high up viewing earth. So my hyperspace comment would not apply.

Maybe if they give Universal lots and lots of money and a few draft picks and then bat their eyes endearingly then they could put Wakanda in there. Universal can be bought. Maybe... ;)

Disney needs to quit calling that area Future World though. Just stop, it makes no sense.

Wakanda community outreach center.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!