Epcot Spine and Entrance Project

Welcome to Festcot!

I am actually okay with some of this, I love the idea of the water walkway that is Moana based going to Seas. I love the idea of a clear short cut to GotG so you don't have to go through the central area if you don't want. I love the idea of more green and a garden area to relax and enjoy in.

But a Beer Garden in the middle of Epcot and more festival area central to park? I just don't get it.

So, I believe we can all agree now that FW is dead. I wonder if now they will split FW into more of a theme type area? On the one side you will have GotG, Pixar Play planet(my name so don't panic ;) in WoL) and Space and Test Track. On the other you will have Seas, Land, Imagination. I suppose you could do some space or future them on the TT and GotG side. But I wonder what happens to Imagination in this new set up.

Reminds me of the layout from Project Gemini (which obviously this is leaning on) where the East side is Technology driven and the West side is more the Natural World (which I think Imagination can fit in)

I think they are basing it off the name Trail Journey of Water and are guessing it should read Trial Journey of Water as Trail Journey of Water doesn't make much sense.
I don't think 'trail' was supposed to be part of the name. They were just stating that it is a trail called Journey of Water and not a full fledged attraction.

Haven't been around the boards much in a while.

Any solid info regarding the plans for the ugly (IMO) monoliths in front of Epcot? Hopefully something tied into the current renovations that are being worked on? Sure hope they are planning for something more inviting in that area.

Thanks,
Dan

Can't wait to see them not there.
After that statement I can just imagine what the English teachers are thinking.

Haven't been around the boards much in a while.

Any solid info regarding the plans for the ugly (IMO) monoliths in front of Epcot? Hopefully something tied into the current renovations that are being worked on? Sure hope they are planning for something more inviting in that area.

Thanks,
Dan
The monoliths will be relocated, they were guaranteed (or at least the photos were) to be at EPCOT for a certain number of years and that time isn't up yet, so they can't be removed completely, but they can be moved.

The monoliths will be relocated, they were guaranteed (or at least the photos were) to be at EPCOT for a certain number of years and that time isn't up yet, so they can't be removed completely, but they can be moved.

I’m totally cool with that, and I understand how they need to keep them on property for X number of years. I think it’s great that they will be moved out of the way of the entrance where they blocked traffic flow and were a major eyesore in my opinion. The monoliths at Epcot, and Dinoland (the Carni area) at Animal Kingdom were the two things in our first visit that I noted as feeling completely out of place.

Dan

I’m totally cool with that, and I understand how they need to keep them on property for X number of years. I think it’s great that they will be moved out of the way of the entrance where they blocked traffic flow and were a major eyesore in my opinion. The monoliths at Epcot, and Dinoland (the Carni area) at Animal Kingdom were the two things in our first visit that I noted as feeling completely out of place.

Dan
I used to think that about Dinoland until I learned more about the backstory for it on the Wild By Design tour (which unfortunately is no longer offered), then I started having a new found appreciation for the area.

The monoliths, I agree they are an eyesore where they are, hopefully the new location will still be accessible, but less of an eyesore and definitely less of a traffic flow problem.

The monoliths that the photos are attached to are not being relocated, they are being removed and I would guess destroyed given their weight, I am not sure what else they can do with them. The photos will be moved to a new location though.

Ah, I read that as he was saying the monoliths were staying. The photos were being moved. Clearly that's not what's in line with the artwork. Hence, my confusion.

The monoliths that the photos are attached to are not being relocated, they are being removed and I would guess destroyed given their weight, I am not sure what else they can do with them. The photos will be moved to a new location though.

They are not solid stone, so weight probably wouldn't be an issue. It's probably more a case of them being hard to move without destroying them.

upload_2019-4-24_13-59-7.png

They are not solid stone,
Very cool picture; thanks for sharing! Didn't realize those thing were hollow. Makes sense, though. Always thought those were eyesores and took away from the entrance. I'd love to see a fountain like that at the front of the World Showcase as you walk up to Spaceship Earth. But, it will definitely look better with these things removed!

I wonder what if ANY new information we get from this. If all we get is a rehash of what we know will be added to Epcot, this will be sorely disappointing.

We know about : Rat in france, GotG in energy, Space restaurant, new core, refurbed entrance, new restaurant in Japan - can we get a bone here and get an idea of UK ride or New Pavilion or what refurbs are coming to Seas and Land???

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter