Epcot strategy?

petunia

DIS Veteran
Before even considering my DHS strategy for 16 people of all ages Im working on Epcot. I planned to use 1 of our tier 2 fp for Spaceship Earth when we arrived as at least we could do something with the while group (as in even the littles). Now it appears it will be closed in August..so Im finding a lack if being able to fill the morning as I had hoped that plus Soarin/land/lunch would fill the morning.

Next issue, I planned to use our tier 1 fp for Soarin as I am a big fan and think it will suit a majority of the group..I was going to send one or two adults to living the land with the littles while we did this, but seeing as it doesnt really require a fp, it will be a waste for them to use on that, plus we will then be "uneven" for the rest of the day, fp wise, if that makes sense.

And...we would have really enjoyed to fit it the Remy ride, but I assume it will be a tier 1 which messes everything up..so now the plan is to use the fp on the pixar shorts, which is also a waste?? Would have loved to throw Frozen in there, but no chance we could do Soarin/Frozen and Remy Im sure..

This was initial plan-not arriving at rope drop*
FP spaceship earth (all)
FP soarin (bigs) land (littles)
lunch
figmet (all)
FP pixar short (all) *or Remy if not a tier 1*
explore world showcase
gran fiesta (all)
maybe mission space (bigs)/play area (littles)
nemo ride/seas area (all)
Coral Reef

I feel like I used to be so strategic and accomplish a lot with fastpasses, now not so much.

Any ideas are appreciated!

Dont FP the shorts. Use another tier 2 FP in the morning so you can try for more. I love the shorts but you dont need a FP

Just have those going on Livin’ with the Land use a FP. Sometimes the line can build up for that one and then everyone’s guaranteed to be done around the same time. Another tier 2 fastpass you could use is for the Nemo ride.

Just have those going on Livin’ with the Land use a FP. Sometimes the line can build up for that one and then everyone’s guaranteed to be done around the same time. Another tier 2 fastpass you could use is for the Nemo ride.
Ya, I may use it for the land, thanks...we plan for nemo around 5 so I think it should be walk on:)

Soarin usually has lower standby waits than Frozen, so I'd recommend fastpassing Frozen and trying to get Soarin standby when the queue is not too bad. The littles can all go on the Nemo ride which never has a wait in addition to living with the land while the older folks ride soaring standby. That includes your littles in something they'd enjoy more as well.

I have not seen an official closing date for SE. Are you just predicting it will close in August?
We are visiting in June.

I have not seen an official closing date for SE. Are you just predicting it will close in August?
We are visiting in June.
Sorry, yes I was assuming, I thought for sure it would be as all Ive heard was first half of 2020? Hope Im wrong though:) Would they allow you to book a fp for something that will be closed? That would really put a wrench in my plans..

Sorry if you go when Remmy is open that is the #1 thing you will want to do. People have said its one of the best rides you will experience.

The only reason it won't be Tier 1 is because there is no FP+ for it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!