Epcot tip

sillyspook13

Married on the Wonder!
When going to see Blast! choose your seat wisely. If you sit in the front two rows or along an aisle, you may get to interact with the performers.

But....

The front is incredibly loud ! This is not good for those with sensitive hearing. Especially if you end up sitting right under the guy with the cymbals like I did. Just a little warning. My hearing was fried, but it was worth the deafness.

Another tip: Be careful when meeting a performer. Because Blast! is such a high energy show, they are very sweaty. And their hands are very sweaty. I learned this the hard way. (Boy did I ever wish I had some hand sanitizer with me at that moment...:rolleyes: )

Overall, it is a great show. Enjoy! But don't ask me to compare it to Riverdance.

Clare,

What is Blast!? And where in Epcot do you find it? Also, thanks for the seating tip.........:wave:

I'm with Laurajean,

What is Blast!? I've been to DisneyWorld for the last four years and have never heard of it :confused:

This means I'm gonna have to go back there next year just to check it out! ;)

in Epcot, it's on the lines of Stomp. I have not seen it but I plan on it! They have dinner shows if you want a guaranteed seat.

Sillyspook, how early did you arrive for the show and how often do they run it? TIPS TIPS TIPS PLEASE :p

Hmm, this sounds really cool. can you tell me where they perform when ? thanks !

Blast! is this summer's show performed at the America Gardens Theater. The performers are some of the world's best marching band and color guard members. ::runs to grab a recent guidemap:: This is what it says in the maps.

The Power of Blast
The Power of Blast, featuring selections from the Tony Award-winning Broadway hit, is what happens when you combine the musical precision of world-class brass players with the athletic artistry of high-energy dancers... all presented in an immersive all-live production. At last a group has broken the musical theatre mold and invented a new way of experiencing music. Presented daily at 3, 4:30, 5:45 & 7:10pm at America Gardens Theatre.

The first time I saw the show, I got there 30 minutes early, just as they were letting people in. Enjoy!

My dh is going to freak! He use to be in Drum Corp and razzes me about not going to any of the shows! This will be great!

1/2 hour to show time should be sufficent for a good seat?

Thanks so much for the info!

Thanks for posting, Marcia! I'll have to check it out on my next trip to WDW in August. :D

Yeah! I just saw Blast again. The park was crowded due to 4th of july weekend vacationers. About 45 minutes were needed to get a good seat. On other, less crowded days, 30 minutes were ok.

LoriZH-if DH was in Drum Corps, he may be familiar with The Star of Indiana. I think most of Blast's members are "age-outs" from the DCI group. Also, I think I heard that the 3:00 show has been cancelled-too hot or something. We got there a few minutes after the show started and got very good seats. Make sure you stay til the end-their last song is "Maleguena"(don't think I spelled it right) and it's terrific.

:bounce: What Corp was your husband in????

I marched 2 years, best time of my life!!!!!!

GO BLUE!!!!!!

Canton Blue Coats (1 year)

Limited Edition (1 year)

I can't wait to see this show, it will bring back some GREAT memories, cold showers, more PB&J than I ever thought I could eat, gym floors, massive sun burn, rashes in the worst of places, my suite case smelling like a hockey locker room. Those were the days!!!!!!!

Drum Corp is the greatest thing, I hope that kids see this show, LOVE IT and get the chance to experiance this once in a life time experiance!!!!!!!!

DCI RULES!!!!!!!

Its a new show. Blast is in World Showcase in Epcot. It is right by the American pavilian in the America Gardens theater. It is an awesome show and I highly recommend that you see it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter