EPIC SPLURGE Trip - Planning in the Waiting

For us, I think we will be saving up for Tokyo Disneyland. It just looks Amazing

It definitely is. I was in Japan for work in February and managed to find a weekend to head to Tokyo and see the parks. I was going to do it my last weekend there but decided I couldn't wait and went a week earlier than planned. Lucky for me I did because by the next weekend they were closed down due to COVID.

Tokyo Disneysea truly is the best Disney park anywhere (in my opinion).

I could happily never work again. Boredom does not exist for me. I always have lots to do, between projects for the home, running/fitness, playing guitar, singing, cooking, etc. I would work on my music more, for sure.

I hear ya! I don't understand how many people were bored in the first few months (before the warm weather) of the pandemic. :confused3 I had way too much to do, let alone all the things I wanted to do.

Our next big trip was supposed to be returning to Hawaii for our 20th wedding anniversary next year, and our children’s first visit. We honeymooned there and always wanted to do a big family trip there.

We were supposed to do WDW this year in March - it would have likely been our last Disney trip since our youngest is now a teen. Now I’m wondering how old they actually will be if/when we are able to return to use up those 7 day park tix🙄

It definitely is. I was in Japan for work in February and managed to find a weekend to head to Tokyo and see the parks. I was going to do it my last weekend there but decided I couldn't wait and went a week earlier than planned. Lucky for me I did because by the next weekend they were closed down due to COVID.

Tokyo Disneysea truly is the best Disney park anywhere (in my opinion).
We would like to go to Japan in 2024 to celebrate our 20th wedding anniversary and our oldest turning 16 (10 days before our anniversary). So that is our in-the-future splurge for sure! Hopefully in 2021 our 10 night Northern Europe cruise happens, crossing everything!!! And if it does we are definitely splurging big time on excursions. And if it doesn't happen in 2021 I'm crossing my fingers they offer the same cruise in 2022....

We are going big, but not Disney-wise. Once we can safely travel internationally we are planning to go to Australia :)
Us too. Dd is taking a year off school since the pandemic has allowed her to graduate a year early. We homeschool our younger two. So we will take an extended time off to finally get to Australia.

I am planning a year of travelling in 2022. For my 50th in January...I want to be sitting on a nice warm beach, under a palm tree drinking a tropical drink of some sort instead of freezing my A$$ off!!!!!!! Then I ideally would like to have a Disney/Universal trip planned either as a mother/daughter trip orrrrrrr if things do not improve in the US for us to travel there later next year I would take our DD and 2 DS and do a little family Disney/Universal trip and use my non-expiring disney tickets. That is MY plan. The DH is welcome to come along if he wants too...I guess :rotfl:

I have been saying for the past 5 years about spending my 50th in a warm climate...and will be booking a party trip for family and friends who want to come. I have a few resorts I have my eye on...now to start cutting the list down and get serious about where I want to go!!!

Flights are so cheap right now it‘s crazy.
I have half a mind to book something as far out as I can for December 2021. With Air Canada you can do that and still change it for free once. So if we got that far out and still couldn’t fly safely I could still push it out another half year or more. Return from Toronto for three people for $624 .
I’m tempted but won’t for now.

I have half a mind to book something as far out as I can for December 2021. With Air Canada you can do that and still change it for free once. So if we got that far out and still couldn’t fly safely I could still push it out another half year or more. Return from Toronto for three people for $624 .

I had to stop looking at the flights because they were such good prices! So tempting.

I can only see through August for WestJet, but with all the credits we have right not we'll book as soon as they open the dates.

I can only see through August for WestJet, but with all the credits we have right not we'll book as soon as they open the dates.

The dates for Air Canada are only released to August also. The other poster must have meant that once they release December 2021 they want to purchase?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter