Escape From Craziness Part II to Fireworks, Food and A DVC Tour - A June 2018 Trip Report - Updated 1/25

cstorm65

DDC #699
We love the Yacht Club. It is our new favorite. The rooms are great, the pool is great, the location is great.
We love it too! It was great in almost every way. The quick service spot leaves a little to be desired, but other than that we love it too!

Seems logical to me...
We may or may not be keeping them in there to preserve our sanity a bit! haha

His tiny toes!!! Hey, whatever works for him.
Always wants his shoes on!!

cstorm65

DDC #699
Day 7 - Part 5 - This Patio is Going to be Awesome

We stayed at Stormalong Bay until about 6:30 at which point we went in and got on some dry clothes before heading over to Hurricane Hanna’s for some dinner. DS6 continued his journey to watch lizards on our way!

We ordered and found a table around on the side of the building to enjoy our food.

Of course they couldn’t sit still so they went to playing and DS2 lost his shoe. If you know him at all this is a major problem. This kid never goes without shoes...anytime...anywhere! haha

I also got a shot of the menu at Hurricane Hanna’s while we were deciding what we wanted!

DS6 just got chicken nuggets, but it is pretty cool here that it comes in a bucket that we can then take over to the pool.

The chicken in this was actually of pretty good quality and DS6 ate every bite of it. We didn’t get DS2 a kids meal because he had only been eating french fries, but I think DS6 shared one chicken nugget with him and he actually ate it! I was going to go order him his own kids meal once we saw he ate the chicken, but he said, “I just want french fries.” DW then added, “I think fries are the only meal you’ve eaten on this trip so far!”

I ended up getting the Bacon Cheeseburger:

This was just ok. I wasn’t the normal “pre-prepared” burger patty you get most places, the meat was actually fresh, which is great. It was actually just way overcooked though and not seasoned extremely well. This would have been a good burger if it had been cooked well. Also, there was only one piece of bacon on this, which I would think it should have at least two. It was okay, just not great.

DW got the Grilled chicken sandwich on a pretzel roll and she loved it. She said the pretzel roll was really good and she would definitely get it again!

And of course some fries for DS3!

We were done eating by around 7:10 and headed back to the room. Not before we saw a duck exiting the pool!

We got back to the room and the plan for tonight was to make sure everyone got a good night's rest. The boys needed it and I have written down that they were out by 7:40. With them asleep DW and I enjoyed sitting on the patio which was nice. Sometimes in rooms you can’t even talk after they go to sleep, so this was nice for us to still be able to hang out and talk to each other some after they slept. DW said that the patio was going to be awesome throughout the week.

I went down to the lobby to fill our mugs at one point and took a few pictures in the lobby and hallway.

Overall it was a great park morning and just some fun and relaxation this afternoon before our first night at the Yacht Club.

Up Next: Only One Track at Toy Story...Is It Worth It?

cstorm65

DDC #699
Day 8 - Part 1 - Only One Track at Toy Story...Is It Worth It?

After a great night's rest and an early bedtime we were up and at ‘em this morning. Hollywood Studio had an early 8 AM opening time and we planned on getting a run in on Toy Story as it was the last day before it closed for a few weeks in preparation for the opening of Toy Story Land...yes our trip was that long ago! Haha

We were out of the room at 7:05 to fill our water bottles, DS6 was especially peppy this morning!

We got out to the bus stop at about 7:10 as the boat was not sailing to Hollywood Studios during our trip due to bridge construction. Yes, DS2 was eating pringles for breakfast...don’t judge us, we are at Disney World!

When we got to the bus stop at 7:10 the sign said a Hollywood Studios bus was coming at 7:17, so we took a few pictures:

Just waiting on his "school bus"!

The bus finally came at 7:23. We were quickly over to Hollywood Studios and after traversing security and the park entrance we were inside at 7:50. The crowds were pretty big this morning!

Our first goal was to get over to Toy Story, unfortunately a lot of the other people had that idea too, but we had done this before, so all would be good...or so we hoped! We were in line by 8:05...DS2 was so excited he just had to stick his tongue out!

While in line we passed right by the original entrance to the ride and those doors were not open, so we knew this would be a weird experience.

For about the next 20 minutes we moved slowly through a line outside of the Toy Story building trying to figure out why this was taking so long. DS6 took advantage of a Star Wars sign in line:

The line was just winding all over the street, crossing the street, then back across to the other side, it was strange.

DS6 also got to get a picture with Dinoco in line:

We finally got inside of the building at 8:25, through a backstage looking door, and figured out why it took so long...they only had one of the three ride tracks loading. They had advertised this as the last day to ride before the transition to the Toy Story Land entrance in a couple of weeks, but it was kind of strange that they were going to operate with only one track all day, but it appeared that way. Anyway, loading was dreadfully slow because of that, but by 8:35 we were on the ride and had a great time!

The boys loved it, especially DS6.

The line was even more crazy as we got out of the ride:

It was a longer wait than normal at rope drop, but it was nice to get to do Toy Story once more before Toy Story Land, which we have still never seen! But hey, we’ll fix that this coming summer!

Up Next: A Cheese Filled Pretzel...Yes Please!

cstorm65

DDC #699
Day 8 - Part 2 - A Cheese Filled Pretzel...Yes Please!

After Toy Story we were all a bit hungry as we hadn’t stopped to eat yet, and we saw the cart that had pretzels with cream cheese in them…”umm, yes please!” I mean who could turn that down.

We got a regular Mickey pretzel with cheese for the boys to share, they enjoyed it!

DW and I had a cream cheese pretzel and it was awesome! One of our favorites snacks at Disney World!

We were ready to head off, although not sure what DS2 was trying to do in his stroller here:

We also walked by this cool sign...can’t wait for this ride! I think it’s going to be awesome!

Our next stop was inside the Launch Bay. DS6 had someone he wanted to meet before the lines got to long, this guy:

DS6 was just getting into Star Wars at this point and he liked Kylo Ren. He was a little scared during this meet, but afterwards he said that was awesome!

After the meet we looked around the Launch Bay. DS6 loved all of the artifacts, especially the lightsabers and the Darth Vadar mask.

We headed out of here at about 9:25. So the meet with Kylo only took us about 5 minutes at that point in the morning and we then spent about 20 minutes wandering around the exhibits and shop.

We headed down the street towards Rock and Roller Coaster and saw these guys on the way!

While DW and DS6 rode the ride I took DS2 and we looked around in a couple gift shops and to let him run around a bit:

While we were waiting DW and DS6 had a great time. Rock ‘n Roller Coaster is a favorite ride of both of them.

We also got a quick photopass picture on our way back down Sunset Boulevard.

They were done by 9:55 and we headed back across the park but saw some people lining up for something and DS6 got curious, so stay tuned!

Up Next: “What Are They Waiting in Line For?”

StarWarsMomofGirls!

DIS Veteran
We love it too! It was great in almost every way. The quick service spot leaves a little to be desired, but other than that we love it too!
This is true! We ended up grabbing stuff at the Beach Club counter service and the pool bar...

DW got the Grilled chicken sandwich on a pretzel roll and she loved it. She said the pretzel roll was really good and she would definitely get it again!
That looks good.

There are a few menu items that you can order to the bar. There is a really good nachos that I love.

Yes, DS2 was eating pringles for breakfast...don’t judge us, we are at Disney World!

I think DS2 and Gwen are kindered food spirits!

I remember this whole set up! It feels so long ago.

The line was just winding all over the street, crossing the street, then back across to the other side, it was strange.

We did this before they made the switch. It was weird. And when we did it, we got all the way to the bridge where you can see the load area. And the ride went down! They ended up evacuating the line and giving everyone fast passes. The girls were NOT happy.

Connect

Disney News and Updates

Get Daily Email Updates