Escape from Gringotts just.... meh

jsoren11

All the adversity I've had in my life, all my trou
Two hours of waiting, not bad, as the majority of the line was in air conditioning, but after all the awesome queue line and effects, the ride was.... Blah!
It was just 3d movie with a couple spins and a couple sped up parts. Way less exciting than the Mummy. Virtually no real effects like FJ. Just movie screen to movie screen. Ron Weasley's lines were muttered and muffled, the story line was choppy and unclear. The entire experience only lasted at most 3 minutes. The best part besides the queue line, was the "drop" at the beginning, and it was so small! I mean a smaller drop than the mine train. Lame-o Universal..

but I am SO happy you posted!!! it makes me think I WILL try it!

everyone is so afraid to post "spoilers" that those of us who REALLY WANT TO KNOW EXACTLY what the ride deos to you have no information.

all we get is "well, you have to try it for yourself" nope nopt happening. I wnat to know ahead of time!!! so OP thank you!!!

Weird how so many people say it is the best ride they've ever been on and then others say "meh". I've seen photos of massive cavernous sets, so it can't be just screens. Can't wait to ride it and make my own decision!

Weird how so many people say it is the best ride they've ever been on and then others say "meh". I've seen photos of massive cavernous sets, so it can't be just screens. Can't wait to ride it and make my own decision!

It's lots of screens with some small sets in between. But you really can't see them. I said before the ride is great for what it is but it's extremely short and the story seams to have gaps. By no means do I say meh, it's really ground breaking.

I think it works a lot better than Forbidden Journey. There is a mixture of large and small sets, the tricky part is some of the large sets have video "projected" into them like in Disaster, so it can really fool your eyes sometimes, particularly the scenes with the goblin banker and some of the dragon scenes.

It's not a true roller coaster, it's more a dark ride with a few small coaster elements, about the reverse of the mine train at MK, more like Indiana Jones at Disneyland than a coaster. There's a lot going on so with only one ride there's a lot to miss. I'd rank it the best ride in UO myself.

A lot of people seem to like it but some do say its just ok.
I am sure its more than just a 3D ride though hehe.

Do you think its the type of ride you benefit going on several times? ~I found I enjoyed Spiderman much more my second time for some reason.

Can't wait to ride it.

Very interesting. I have read "jaw-dropping" reviews, so this comes as a suprise. Can't wait to see for myself in a few weeks.

It's lots of screens with some small sets in between. But you really can't see them. I said before the ride is great for what it is but it's extremely short and the story seams to have gaps. By no means do I say meh, it's really ground breaking.

Sets look pretty big to me.

BqdaoB5IIAA599b.jpg:large

Sounds good to me, but I'm not a huge FJ fan. It's a bit much for me.

Is it more mellow than FJ? Is it on the same level as Spiderman in terms of scaryness?

Sets look pretty big to me.

Those rock areas are thru the whole ride pretty much. They are between the screens and behind you.

This is from when we got stuck.

Right side is rocks and catwalks, left side screen.

025BF8BD-5AD4-488B-88B9-57B62E56B6BA.jpg

Left side screen and rocks ahead before the next screen.

702F4B09-53B7-4311-8CD5-5926BD7B0667.jpg

Behind us rocks coming down from vault/drop entrance but that's all pitch black can't see a thing.

294EEF06-AF58-4A10-A780-AC3167AC2AF1.jpg

I should of took pictures while walking thru the ride. It pretty much all looked the same, screens and rocks from what we saw.

It is no where even close to FJ with live set and screens. But still a great ride and very ground breaking to pull off. A roller coaster type ride, 3D, carts can spin independently from each other. After riding and seeing all the effects plus screen to open and ride thru with smoke to disguise is really incredible. Also after riding you can really see why there are glitches that will be solved after all the puzzle is put together properly.

Sounds good to me, but I'm not a huge FJ fan. It's a bit much for me. Is it more mellow than FJ? Is it on the same level as Spiderman in terms of scaryness?

If you can handle SM you can handle this. It is very smooth with no jerkiness. Just the small drop in the beginning that you know it going to happen when you are tilted downward. No surprises.

Yes, I'm referring to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Which is an incredible ride and blows the escape from Gringotts out of the water (imo)

Yes, I'm referring to the Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. Which is an incredible ride and blows the escape from Gringotts out of the water (imo)

I wouldn't try to compare 7dmt and Gringotts, not even the same type of ride. The mine train is a family coaster first, with a one show scene and a tease scene at the end. Gringott's a a large dark ride with small coaster parts, that aren't the focus. The Mine train was ok, but Gringott's is probably better compared to Indiana Jones at DL, two different rides. Both how a fairly low height requirement.

Two hours of waiting, not bad, as the majority of the line was in air conditioning, but after all the awesome queue line and effects, the ride was.... Blah!
It was just 3d movie with a couple spins and a couple sped up parts. Way less exciting than the Mummy. Virtually no real effects like FJ. Just movie screen to movie screen. Ron Weasley's lines were muttered and muffled, the story line was choppy and unclear. The entire experience only lasted at most 3 minutes. The best part besides the queue line, was the "drop" at the beginning, and it was so small! I mean a smaller drop than the mine train. Lame-o Universal..

Couldn't disagree with you more. After having ridden both SDMT and Gringotts, I think UO has kicked Disney's butt in everyway.

From themeing to ride innovation to thrills and overall experience Gringotts IMO is a far superior experience. Also IMO UO has now set the bar for theme park attractions with both this new addition and the WWOHP.

SDMT is nothing new. If you're complaining about the ride time, Gringotts basically doubles SDMT's 90 seconds. The ride is a milder BTM with a bit more themeing. For my entire family SDMT was the letdown. JMHO

I don't want to be rude but you are coming across to me a bit of a total Disney Fan. nothing wrong with that, but I have read LOADS of reviews and most love it and no one has compared it to a crappy mine train in Magic Kingdom.
I am sure Mine Train will be popular but I don't think you can compare the two from all I read. Obviously your opinion is your opinion!! I do respect that but your take on the ride seems a bit OTT compared to what most have said about the ride.

It is just you not liking it at al,l then comparing it to a new Dis ride that makes me wonder if as said you are a big Dis Fan?

I don't want to be rude but you are coming across to me a bit of a total Disney Fan. nothing wrong with that, but I have read LOADS of reviews and most love it and no one has compared it to a crappy mine train in Magic Kingdom.
I am sure Mine Train will be popular but I don't think you can compare the two from all I read. Obviously your opinion is your opinion!! I do respect that but your take on the ride seems a bit OTT compared to what most have said about the ride.

It is just you not liking it at al,l then comparing it to a new Dis ride that makes me wonder if as said you are a big Dis Fan?

I've been following Gringotts on twitter for the past week and I'd say that 95% of reviewers are saying that it is one of the best, if not the best ride they've ever been on. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion but the vast majority seem to be blown away by Escape from Gringotts.

From twitter this morning...

Oh my god �� Escape From Gringotts was the best ride ever. The 3 hour wait was so worth it pic.twitter.com/VAK2VK1xSZ

Four hour wait for Gringotts but it is oh so worth it������

Finally rode Escape from Gringotts! Words can't describe how amazing it was!!! �� #diagonalley… http://instagram.com/p/qb-pgTxM62/

We rode it yesterday and loved it. I liked it better than FJ bc I get motion sick easily with the motion and screen going on at the same time. There's not as much all over motion on Gringotts. Just my opinion though.
I would not even compare it to 7DMT. 7D is even a milder coaster than BTMRR and those rides are nothing like Gringotts.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter