Escape Rooms in Orlando/Kissimmee

RobinDragonryder

Total Nerd
I'm a huuuuuuge fan of escape/puzzle rooms, and am interested in doing one while in Orlando this winter. Has anyone done any of the many available there, and if so, which one/was it good? I know the hardest one in America is there (1% escape rate) but I'm currently 10 for 10 on escaping and don't really wanna kill that record on a nigh-impossible challenge.

Would you like to explain , to people, What is an escape / puzzle room is ?

I have no idea & maybe many more people who read these threads would like to know what it is about

An escape room is a physical adventure game in which players solve a series of puzzles using clues, hints and strategy to complete the objectives at hand. Players are given a set time limit to unveil the secret plot which is hidden within the rooms. Escape rooms are inspired by "escape-the-room"–style video games. Games are set in a variety of fictional locations, such as prison cells, dungeons and space stations, and are popular as team building exercises.
Basically you're "locked" in a room (not really usually due to fire code, but if you leave you sometimes forfeit the game) and have to solve a series of puzzles before time runs out (usually an hour). They're a ton of fun and a great team-building exercise with friends/cast-mates (I'm an actress lol)

I'm a huuuuuuge fan of escape/puzzle rooms, and am interested in doing one while in Orlando this winter. Has anyone done any of the many available there, and if so, which one/was it good? I know the hardest one in America is there (1% escape rate) but I'm currently 10 for 10 on escaping and don't really wanna kill that record on a nigh-impossible challenge.

We did Prison Break at The Escape Game on I-Drive at Christmas and had SUCH a blast! We finished with about 8 minutes to spare and even made the Top list for a while (I believe we've since been unseated).

Anyway - they're occasionally on Groupon and you get a discount if you sign-up for their newsletter.

That said, it was my first escape room so I don't really have anything to compare it to - but it was awesome, and the experienced "escapers" in our group really enjoyed it as well!

We have done three different puzzles at Escapology over three years and succeeded twice. We succeeded with Antidote and Shanghaied and failed Budapest Express. We enjoyed it enough to plan a fourth visit next time in Orlando.

https://www.escapology.com/en/

We now have a puzzle room locally but haven't tried it yet.

One of the Dis (Trip?) reports reviewed an escape room. They had a great time. Sorry I can't remember what the series is called. They tend to all blend into one another on YouTube!

I can't convince DH to go on one during our trip, but have convinced him to get a group together for one of the local escape rooms. It sounds like a ton of fun!

I've visited almost every location in the Orlando Area (with the exception of It's A Trap, because I don't prefer the "theatrical" type of escape room, personally). Escapology is BY FAR the best. Dare 2 Escape is a newer one in Kissimmee that has some unique aspects in presentation and theming. Orlando Escape Room and America's Escape Game - neither were remarkable by comparison to most, but okay if these locations strongly appeal based on convenience of area, or other factors. Other area locations are generally forgettable. We made the mistake of making Escapology our very first one to visit & nothing has even come close to measuring up.

Thanks guys!! I think I'd love a more "theatrical" escape room, but sadly it looks like It's A Trap closed last year. I'll definitely check out Escapology then, that seems to be the consensus. I actually now work for a local room escape game so that may give me new insight lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter