Escape to Concierge

From the app selection I chose the Black Truffle Pst Purseittes. YUM! No complaints at all.
I love these! Probably my favorite item on the cruise.

Arugula salad, which I wanted but I hate beets
I'm sure if you asked if it could be done without beets they would have accommodated you.

8-towel-animal-with-elemis-lip-balm-jpg.390517
OMG how cute! I've never seen one like that before.

I can't wait to get those pasta pursettes!

What a lovely thing to come home to, lip balm and slippers. You must have felt so pampered :D

We did feel pampered. I keep the slippers by the bed here at home. You may bring them home with you. The lip balm ended up in my daughter's bag since she is the one who likes to wear lip balm. I am so old-fashioned that I just use petroleum jelly on my lips when they are dry.

I love these! Probably my favorite item on the cruise.

I'm sure if you asked if it could be done without beets they would have accommodated you.

OMG how cute! I've never seen one like that before.

I never thought to ask for the salad without beets. Next time I will.

The puppy towel animal was one of my favorites. It reminded me of our dachshunds but I am fairly sure we never mentioned having dachshunds.

Smiles,
Kate

Good morning Disney Dream! Ummmm Viet Nam! Love that show. I do so miss Robin Williams….

Today was a busy day. It was our first full day and it was Nassau port day and we had two drink tastings/classes scheduled. We had not planned to do two drink classes on the same day but when we emailed in our wish list to Shoreside Concierge prior our cruise we had requested a martini class and a champagne class. Meanwhile some of the folks from our Facebook cruise group were trying to set up a private Mixology for the group and by the time we received that date and time we were already registered for the martini class. We decided, since we did not need to drive anywhere, just to go with it. Oh my! But first breakfast and then a walk-about on the ship.

Most mornings we were up before the lounge was open and always were one of the first to arrive. This morning we were grabbing our first cup of coffee and a bit of breakfast around 7ish.

2 C breakfast offerings 2.jpg

1 C breakfast offerings.jpg

Next up we walked around a bit to snap some photos. This will be a common theme, eat, drink, walk about, take photos, repeat.

mickey.jpg

25 Walt.jpg

After walking around the ship a bit we headed back to the lounge for mid-morning snacks. We did not eat this time but I did snap a couple of photos.

3 mid-morning snack.jpg

4 C mid-morning snack.jpg

The ship was in Nassau today. This was Rob’s third trip to Nassau and my first. We had no real plans but thought we would at least get off the ship and check out the area around the port. We headed down, took a few photos and then started to walk out of the port area when we decided it was just too unpleasant to continue. The area was not very kempt, and the sellers were very aggressive. We decided just to go back on the ship, grab lunch and enjoy walking around the decks.

13 Nassau 1.jpg

13 Nassau 2.jpg

14 Nassau 3.jpg

15 Nassau 4.jpg

Last edited:

17 Nassau 5.jpg

Time to eat again. Lunch in the Royal Palace. We could have eaten at Cabanas, Fillmore's, Luigi's or Tow Mater's Grill but today we wanted to eat in the regular dining room. We try to do this at least once on each trip for breakfast and lunch.

5 MDR lunch.jpg

I went to a napkin folding class on our last cruise. I failed the class.

10 lunch napkin.jpg

The lunch menu.

6 lunch menu left side.jpg

7 lunch menu right side.jpg

The bread bowl.

8 bread lunch.jpg

I chose the salad to start my meal.

8 salad.jpg

Rob chose Calamari. He shared with me. :love:

9 Fried Calamari.jpg

Rob also chose the Halibut and said it was good.

11 Halibut.jpg

I went for the Kofta burger. I love kofta but this was only so-so. See my Mickey catsup. The servers are so awesome! They spoil even the adults.

12 Lamb Kofta Burger.jpg

We skipped dessert so no photos of the sweet stuff.

After lunch we walked about checking out the various adult hangouts.

District Lounge:

18 District lounge.jpg

Pub 687 (I think)

19.jpg

Pink Champagne Bar:

21 pink.jpg

22 pink.jpg

23 pink.jpg

24 pink.jpg

I will post more later but this was all we took on this walk-about. It was time now to head for our first drink class of the day. :drinking1 I did not fail this class.

Last edited:
We joined a very interactive facebook group that was created for our cruise. The admins were on the ball at organizing FEs (fish extender groups where you give small gifts to others in your group), various gatherings and a private mixology. It was a fun group. At the time of our cruise, the cost for a private mixology was the same as the one offered to the public on the ship. From what I have heard that is no longer the case. Our participation in the class was $20 per person and we ended up with around five drinks per person (some got more if they were one of the folks doing the mixing).

The mixology was held in the Skyline Lounge. It was very dark in the lounge and very difficult to take decent photos. Rob managed to get a few. Mine photos sucked.

Luckily someone in our group took notes and posted them for us on facebook. The below labels are what she posted. Thanks MJ!

Build up ( Bahamian flag) 1/2 shot absolute mandarin, Blue Curacao and Amaretto and top orange juice. I was not overly fond of this one.

27 20180904049Mixology.jpg

Muddle (mojito) mint on the bottom the lime on top then lighly muddle. You can add other fruit as well - 1 oz Bacardi then fruit juice, add ice then top white Sprite and lightly stir.

28 20180904050Mixology.jpg

Shaken (margaritas) 1 full shot george clooney tequila and 1/2 oz grand marnier cognac, Sour mix is equal parts orange juice, agave and lime juice.

29 20180904051Mixology.jpg

The Stirrer ( raspberry chambor champagne cocktail) raspberry puree, chambor, champagne or prosecco.

30 0180904052Mixology.jpg

This was our last drink, Baby Black and Tan. Rob was supposed to demonstrate how to layer it. Which he did and then quickly shot it. The bartender was talking to the class as Rob made his drink and had his back to Rob. He was saying that after Rob finished layering his drink and drank it then the rest of us would be given the ingredients to make our drinks - but Rob's drink was gone before the bartender finished his sentence - to which everyone got a great chuckle.

Layered shot ( baby black and tan ) baileys on top of kahlua. Fill shot glass halfway kahlua tilt shot then slowly poor Bailey's.
26 20180904053Mixology.jpg

Last edited:

After the mixology we walked around a bit before our next drink tasting class, the martini class. Scheduled also for this afternoon at 4 pm on the Concierge Sun Deck was an Afternoon Soiree with alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages. Sadly, we missed it since it was being held at the same time as our martini class.

Here are a few photos of the sundeck taken on our first afternoon’s walk-about. These were taken right after Florida's famous 4 p.m. rain shower. My mother's family is from Florida. She moved north at the age of eighteen but we visited her family several times a year. My aunt would wash her clothes in the morning, hang them in the sun to drive and then scoot us out the door at 3:30 to bring in the clothes right before the almost daily rain shower.

My biggest regret of this cruise is that we did not find time to sit out here and enjoy the deck.

Hot tub.jpg

Overview of sun deck.
overview.jpg

Overview, hot tun in the rear of the sundeck.
sundeck overview.jpg

Comfy chairs.
sundeck circle lounges.jpg

Private Concierge hot tub.
sundeck hot tub.jpg

Cuddle chairs.

lounge chair.jpg

Lounge chairs.
lounge chairs.jpg

Sundeck shower.
sundeck shower.jpg

First day drinks, by the time we made it up to the deck the ice had melted in the drink bowl.

sundeck 1st day drinks .jpg

Complimentary Evian Facial Spray and Coppertone Sunscreen.

sunspray.jpg

Last edited:
Before attending our second drink tasting class of the day, we took a little walk around the decks. Today the ship was celebrating halloween and the characters were out in force. It seemed a bit early for a halloween celebration but we enjoyed seeing all the decorations and collecting the free candy. Folks were out in their costumes. Characters were also out in costume. And there were candy stations set around the three public decks so everyone, adults and children alike could collect a bag full of candy. (lunch bag size) We had enough candy that we brought it home to share at halloween, not that we have any children come by our farm but Grandma enjoyed it tremendously.

20180904054Mousequerade.jpg

20180904055Mousequerade.jpg

20180904056Mousequerade.jpg

20180904062Mousequerade.jpg

Check out the crowd. Everyone was having a blast!
20180904057Mousequerade.jpg

This little guy was adorable.

20180904059Mousequerade.jpg

There were even characters walking about the pool deck. Here was Hook stopping to have a conversation with Wendy.

20180904074Hook.jpg

IMG_3317.jpg

One of the candy stations. At this point I realized, I need a better phone camera.

IMG_3318.jpg

Last edited:
20180906133Disney_Dream.jpg

We arrived early for our next tasting. We have learned that you can grab the better seats if you arrive a few minutes early plus you can watch the bartenders as they set up their displays.

Rob is a huge fan of gin and martinis, me not so much so I tend to take a couple of sips and then pass them on to Rob. Although the more I taste, the more I am starting to enjoy the drinks so now he generally ends up with only one additional drink, the one with the green olive. Yuk on green olives.

The following photos are of the prep work for our drink class. And then the drink that was created from each prep.

20180904063Martini.jpg

This one reminded me of cough syrup. :crazy2: A complete waste of Grey Goose Vodka.

20180904068Martini.jpg

Next up was a Dirty Martini.

20180904064Martini.jpg

This was the one that I took a sip of and passed on to Rob.

20180904067Martini.jpg

20180904065Martini.jpg

After adding the whipped cream it was shaken to blend.

20180904069Martini.jpg

This one was tasty.

20180904071Martini.jpg

Every martini class I have attended (six now) has ended with a chocolate martini. Rob makes great chocolate martinis, problem with his though, you cannot taste the alcohol so they sneak up on you. :tiptoe:

20180904066Martini.jpg

My favorite.

20180904073Martini.jpg

Last edited:
I am late to the party, but I am here now. Thanks for letting me know. I need to come back tomorrow to read, as it is getting late here.

I am late to the party, but I am here now. Thanks for letting me know. I need to come back tomorrow to read, as it is getting late here.

I am so happy you are here. I am sorry we did not get to meet up in WDW. Life got in the way and we had to come home sooner than we had planned. When will you be starting your next report? Or has it started?

Smiles,
Kate

Nice update! We've been on quite a few Caribbean cruises, and never get off the ship in Bahamas anymore. I love staying on the ship when most have disembarked.

Thank you so much for the trip report and photos of concierge. Loving it.

Thanks! I am having fun reliving the trip.

Nice update! We've been on quite a few Caribbean cruises, and never get off the ship in Bahamas anymore. I love staying on the ship when most have disembarked.

I noticed that so many folks did not get off the ship in Nassau that it felt like a normal sea day. After we returned home I did heard about a non-Disney tour we would like to participate in the next time we are in Nassau. Of course it involves eating. popcorn::

This trip, we mostly ate, drank and walked around enjoying the ship. There was much to see with Halloween everywhere.

The famous "Pumpkin Tree".

20180904HalloweenTree001.jpg

Disney did a great job of decorating the ship for Halloween. Someday I want to go on a "Merry Time" cruise and see those decorations "up close and personal".

31 halloween tree.jpg

I loved the port holes. I did not have the best phone camera for photos but that has now been corrected. I think having a new phone camera is a great excuse for another cruise. Rob has a professional camera with lots of lens and such but then he is the photographer, I am just a point and shoot type person. I never take time to stop, adjust, focus, adjust and then shoot the photo, which is why mine are often blurry and low lighting. Oh well. :scratchin

Halloween 1.jpg

My favorite port hole.

Halloween 2.jpg

The stores were also decked out for the holiday.

32 halloween shopping.jpg

You can spend serious money in Disney's gift shops. If you have a DVC card, a Chase Disney credit card or have sailed enough cruises to be "Gold", you can flash you card and receive a discount on your items, I think it was 10%. Double check though about the Chase Disney credit card, I have not used mine in years so that perk may have disappeared.

34 halloween shopping copy.jpg

Just in case you forgot your pirate gear, you can pick up some in the gift stores, for a price.

33 shopping.jpg

We had planned to have a witch on our stateroom door but the magnets would not hold to our Concierge door. We were able to slide the hat behind the porthole and at least had that bit of decoration.

Halloween 4.jpg

Up next, Concierge happy hour and dinner. But first I need to grade some papers.

The Concierge lounge hosts a happy hour every day from 5:00 until 10:00. We had early dinner scheduled for 5:45 so after our martini class and walking about the ship a bit we headed up to Happy Hour to check out the goodies. And to eat a snack to absorb some of the alcohol. Oh, and to grab another drink, like we really needed one.

1 happy hour snack.jpg

2 happy hour snacks.jpg

See the fig spread in the jar in the above photo. This stuff is so awesome with a bit of cheese that we bought some to have at home. We found it in our local Meijer but I ordered it from Amazon. (I do not receive a kick-back from any of the links I post. ) :teleport: https://smile.amazon.com/Dalmatia-Spread-Fig-8-5-oz/dp/B00AOP0V82/ref=sr_1_4?crid=16WY30PN75RXE&keywords=fig+preserves&qid=1554302944&s=gateway&sprefix=fig+pre,aps,170&sr=8-4

3 Dalmatia Fig spread.jpg

The available wines, I found the Murphy's quite satisfying. :thumbsup2

4 C. wines.jpg

Rob enjoyed their Bombay.

5 C liquors.jpg

Again we shared a plate of apps.

8 pre-dinner snacks.jpg

Tonight's dinner was in Enchanted. I do like this restaurant, we always had a tasty meal in here while on the Dream. See the flower lights, they open and close. I did not get a picture of them closed during this trip but I think Rob snapped one on our last cruise on the Fantasy. If I can find the picture I will post it later.

8 lights dream enchanted.jpg

7 Enchanted.jpg

Our bread and spread tonight. I tend to not like the spreads but I am a fan of butter which is always available.

10 bread.jpg

I brought my wine with me from Happy Hour. Shhhhh. ;)
9 dinner wine.jpg

On the Fantasy last year we were strongly encouraged in the lounge to bring drinks with us to dinner. :)

I really need to try a chocolate martini next time!
Love al the halloween decor!

Joining in! I just got through the first page and saw there were four more! I'll need to come back to catch up since I have to accomplish things today! :laughing:

On the Fantasy last year we were strongly encouraged in the lounge to bring drinks with us to dinner. :)

Good to know. We did not ask, we just "did". No one seemed upset or surprised about our bringing the drinks into the dining room.

I really need to try a chocolate martini next time!
Love al the halloween decor!

The drink tastings are a great way to sample various drinks. I don't consider myself a martini person but my second favorite drink is a citron martini followed by a chocolate martini. My favorite drink is a dry red wine. I am also fond of good tequila, the kind you would sip, not shoot.

Below is my mother's day present a couple of years ago. One year I received a truck load of organic horse manure. That was my best mother's day present ever, with the chocolate martini fixings being second best. Rob makes the best chocolate martinis but I do not know his recipe. Below are the ingredients.

Choc Martini.jpg

Rob is our "main" bartender since he worked as a bartender during graduate school, I can work the bar if necessary - if I have a recipe.

Here is the recipe we use for the citron martini.

https://www.absolutdrinks.com/en/drinks/citrus-martini/

How to mix

Fill a shaker with ice cubes. Add all ingredients. Shake and strain into a cocktail glass. Garnish with lemon zest.

Joining in! I just got through the first page and saw there were four more! I'll need to come back to catch up since I have to accomplish things today! :laughing:

Hi Alison! :wave2: Great to see you here. I am thoroughly enjoying your trip reports. I love seeing and catching tidbits on facebook but really enjoy the details in your trip report. How are the four legged babies? Any new additions to the family?

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter