Escapes vs. full adventures

HaphazarMe

Earning My Ears
Hello friends - Newbie to ABD here and I'm about to ask what may very well be a very basic, "stupid" question for those of you more seasoned ABD travelers. Please be kind. I'm wondering if there are any restrictions in terms of who can book one of the shorter "escape" trips (y'know, the ones that are only a couple days long)? I feel like I've seen a lot of people booking escapes in conjunction with a larger Disney related vacation (a cruise + an ABD escape for example). Are you allowed to JUST book an escape if you want to?

Thanks!

Yes, absolutely! I've done it both ways and on both trips there were folks there that were only doing the escape. In fact on the Barcelona trip our guides told us that guests that were only on the escape and not going onto the cruise were the bigger number on every departure.

The Disneyland / So Cal short escape can be booked on its own, without taking a Disney Cruise. I think it was envisioned as an add-on option for the San Diego cruises but when we went, only a few participants also did a cruise.

My wife and I have been on 4 ABD tips so far including the NYC Long Weekend with #5 coming up later this year. We booked the NYC ABD as a stand alone trip but we did add on a few DIY days before.

Link to our trip report. NYC - Adult Only

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter