• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

ESPN wknd crowds, Fri vs Sat

alexb

Mouseketeer
We're heading to WDW on 2/25 and we weren't sure if ESPN the Weekend was going to be then when we booked our trip. I've read a variety of opinions on the crowds at DHS during the event, some say it's crowded, others say it's more empty than usual because people stay away due to the event. I vaguely remember listening to a podcast that I think Bob (we miss you!) did last year. I don't remember if the report was primarily on the events or commented on the crowds and I haven't had the time to look for it. So what is the experience of the experts here regarding the crowds? We are debating about going on either Friday or Saturday, is one day better than the other? I think we'll be OK and my DW isn't as sure as I am.

I was worried about the same thing, as those 2 days are our last 2 days at WDW. From everything I read and heard (including Bob), it doesn't appear to be that big of a crowd. Touring plans has it either a 5 or 6, so it can't be that big of a deal.

However, DHS could be crowded during the "parade" times - the parade of sports stars in their cars. Other than that, I don't think it affects any other parks.

If anyone can post more information, I would love to hear it.

We are arriving Friday night and planned on doing ESPN on Saturday. I am hoping its not too crowded..

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter