Ethical to Switch Travel Agents?

1. I would switch.
2. I would definitely run the numbers for at least one of your party getting an Annual pass. AP rates at the poly for this summer are close to 40% off and you get 10% off at most TS restaurants and 20% of all Merch. We always have at least one AP in our family for this reason and it pays for itself and then some every year. With a group as big as you have it could save you alot.

I have a question for you if you don't mind. Sorry it's a bit off topic, but you mention AP rates at Poly for this summer are close to 40% off. My DD28 and I both have AP's but the best deal we can find for our dates, 6/3-6/10, and the best I can find is the Passholder Sun and Fun room deal. It's for a standard view room at $431 a night, saving $108 off the standard rate of $539 per night. That's only about 20% discount, so just wondering if I'm missing something somewhere that's available that's closer to the 40% discount? TIA!

In response to the OP, I say save that $3000 when you can! If it was me and I could have saved, I think I'd probably regret it if I didn't do it and I'd be stewing about it while on my trip wishing I'd have saved us all some decent money!

Yes after I read through the rest of the replies I now understand. But this was news to me... what is a convention agent? do they have to book parties of a certain size to apply the discount?

The agency books blocks of rooms with Disney in the same way that large conventions do. The difference is that there is no convention to go to. The customer just books a room normally thru the agents there. The dates, rates, resorts & room types vary. They are just able to sell enough rooms to make it worthwhile for Disney to grant them the discounted rate.

There is a large agency that has been banned from the Dis for breaking rules so it is not named & discussed here.

I have a question for you if you don't mind. Sorry it's a bit off topic, but you mention AP rates at Poly for this summer are close to 40% off. My DD28 and I both have AP's but the best deal we can find for our dates, 6/3-6/10, and the best I can find is the Passholder Sun and Fun room deal. It's for a standard view room at $431 a night, saving $108 off the standard rate of $539 per night. That's only about 20% discount, so just wondering if I'm missing something somewhere that's available that's closer to the 40% discount? TIA!

I can’t speak about Poly, but I have a 35% discount for Yacht Club Club Level April 20 - 26. Starts the day before Easter thru the following week. I was shocked to get any discount for Easter, let alone 35% off. I think a lot depends on your dates, not just your resort.

In response to the OP, I say save that $3000 when you can! If it was me and I could have saved, I think I'd probably regret it if I didn't do it and I'd be stewing about it while on my trip wishing I'd have saved us all some decent money!

I can’t speak about Poly, but I have a 35% discount for Yacht Club Club Level April 20 - 26. Starts the day before Easter thru the following week. I was shocked to get any discount for Easter, let alone 35% off. I think a lot depends on your dates, not just your resort.

Not all the deluxe resorts are 40%, the Poly and I believe CR are only 20% off.

OP, $3000 is too much to pass up. I say go for it if you can still get it, but if you do take the advise of PP's that said to book and get a confirmation before you cancel the other.

It seems that the way that Disney TA game goes, it happens all the time that people change TAs. I don't think the original TA did anything wrong, and at the same time I think that if you want to back out on her, that's your right to do so and doesn't mean it's wrong. At the same time, if you do back out on using her, it means that she wasted her time and will not be paid for any time she spent working with you, and if she wants to cancel anything that she reserved for you, she has the right to do that, too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter