Europa Park - Rust, Germany

dogdangling

Mouseketeer
Hi

Has anyone been to Europa Park in Rust, Germany. If you have, how many days would you suggest to go for?

Yes, I have been to Europa park a few times. I think you should go for a minimum of three days. The park is pretty big and has lot's and lot's of different rides.
Try to stay at one of the europa park hotels. They are expensive, but the quality of the rooms and the overall theming of the hotels are impressive.

I've been several times and I have even worked there for one summer :).

It's a very nice park with good roller coasters and nicely themed areas with many little rides here and there. But of course it's not comparable to Disney. I think you can spend 3 days there like Bartattack suggested if you want to take it slowly and do repeat rides but honestly I think 2 days would be enough to see it all. Don't forget to see some of the live shows like the Variety Show in their Italian area or the ice skating show in the Greek area.
Their hotels are pretty expensive compared to other options in the area but they are very nicely themed so do check them out! But even if you decide against staying on-site you can always go there after the park closes to see the hotels and have dinner or some drinks there.

I'd also like to mention Phantasialand which is another theme park in Germany. It's smaller than Europa Park but the quality of some of their rides is simply mind blowing. Phantasialand is near Cologne which is about 4-5 hours from Europa Park. Maybe you find a way to incorporate it into your travel plans. They also have beautifully themed on-site hotels like Europa Park.

thanks for the reply.

I am thinking of doing a duel trip in the summer to Disneyland Paris and Europa. We always drive due to the cost of the airfare during the school holidays. Because it is going to be my sons trip during the Europa park part we will be staying onsite and one of the top hotels for a treat for him (and us)

I have heard of Phantasialand and want to visit there, if I decided to get a Europa AP then you get day tickets for Phantasialand and the park in Holland, the name escapes me at the moment.

Phil

thanks for the reply.

I am thinking of doing a duel trip in the summer to Disneyland Paris and Europa. We always drive due to the cost of the airfare during the school holidays. Because it is going to be my sons trip during the Europa park part we will be staying onsite and one of the top hotels for a treat for him (and us)

I have heard of Phantasialand and want to visit there, if I decided to get a Europa AP then you get day tickets for Phantasialand and the park in Holland, the name escapes me at the moment.

Phil

If you're going in the summer, check school calendars. We went in early July, right after school got out, but sketchy weather kept crowds reasonable at Europa the Friday we went there. But the park can get massively crowded. We did everything we wanted to do, and plenty of rerides, except Arthur, which broke down. Heck, their gory version of Haunted Mansion was a walk-on, and I did it A LOT!

Their parking lot, and multiple hotels were massive. I could see the average Summer day being a low ride count day. They stayed open until 8 I think, which is positively ultra late for European parks.

3 days should be perfect.
We did Europapark in 2 days and could see everything except for a handful of rides.
So if you want enough time to do some rides multiple times and just enjoy the park, you should plan accordingly.

Phantasialand is also a nice park, but not as great as Europapark.
One day can be enough to see everything.

If the park in Holland is Efteling, you should definitely try to visit.
This one is amazing and lots of fun.
1 day there is nice, but 2 are even better, especially in summer.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter