European AP holders can no longer reserve AP discount rooms online?

erider

Mouseketeer
Hi,

We are from The Netherlands and have a Platinum Plus AP and go several times a year. On the WDW website we used to be able to change country to US and view and reserve AP discount rooms. Now it looks like I can only select Europe or UK/Ireland on the website and can no longer view and reserve AP room only rooms, also after logging into my account. If I click on AP discounts it sends me to a DisneyHolidays website with just packages. Anyone else from Europe/UK with an AP have the same problem? Is there a work around? It's annoying if I would have to call every time I want to check some AP rates or make a reservation.

Its probably to do with GDPR and collection of personal data from Europe which is transferred to USA

Have you tried a private or incognito browser window? I sometimes have to do that to make the US “stick” when I’m looking at AP discounts. (Canadian)

The steps I use (from within an incognito window) are:
- go to WDW website and navigate to special offers page
- change country to US
- click on AP offer, then check availability
- log in when prompted (this is the important step, don’t log in until prompted, it sometimes forces the country back to your real one if you log in earlier)
- check rates, etc.

Have you tried a private or incognito browser window? I sometimes have to do that to make the US “stick” when I’m looking at AP discounts. (Canadian)

The steps I use (from within an incognito window) are:
- go to WDW website and navigate to special offers page
- change country to US
- click on AP offer, then check availability
- log in when prompted (this is the important step, don’t log in until prompted, it sometimes forces the country back to your real one if you log in earlier)
- check rates, etc.
Thanks, but I tried that. Can't switch the country to US, I can only pick UK/Ireland or Europe. This is with an incognito browser. I will send Disney a mail about this, because I bought the AP for getting good AP room only discounts.

It’s a total pain, but I’m glad you got it to work (sort of). It’s annoying that we pay the same price for APs but have a hard time accessing any of the other “extra” benefits. We international APs don’t tend to get emails and offers or special events, we don’t get the AP magnets or MagicBands mailed to us, etc. Very frustrating to say the least.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!