Eurostar Trains (DLP to London)-Lille Connections-Information

Scarlet_J

Mouseketeer
I just did the train trip from DLP to London-St. Pancras so I thought I'd post some information that I thought would be helpful to others doing the same thing.

Eurostar does not directly service the station at DLP, so you be on a train with one of their partners (likely SCNF) to Lille Europe and then get on a Eurostar train to London.

Marne de Vallee station - The station is not that big, although it seemed a little confusing at first. When you walk in there is a shop and cafe on either side of you. Straight ahead is a general information stand. To the left and up the stairs, there are luggage lockers (make sure to bring coins or small bills). In the back of the station, there is a SCNF information kiosk, and behind that is the SCNF ticket office. Everyone we encountered at the SCNF desk and office spoke English. The ticket office will give you your tickets for both legs of the trip.

Keep checking the monitors for your train. Before the train arrives at the platform, it will post the track number. Head down to the track. You ticket will have a coach number. There will be signs on the platform to show you where to stand to get on the right coach. The trip from DLP to Lille is about an hour.

SCNF trains - I only took this one, so I don't know if this is typical, but it wasn't a nice train. Old and worn. Kind of dirty. Nothing like the Eurostar trains. Announcements are made in French and English, but they were kind of difficult to understand.

Lille Europe station - This station is not that big either. You will get off the SCNF train and go up the stairs/escalator. At one end of the station Eurostar has their gate/office. You will scan your ticket, go through security (its simple, just running your bags through the scanner and walking through a metal detector), French passport control and then UK passport control. Then you will go down to the platform.

Signs will direct you to where to stand for your coach number. At that point its smooth sailing to England.

A few notes about the connection in Lille. We only had a 30 minute connection and we were getting on the last train of the evening from Lille to London. When we got the station at Marne de Vallee, we saw that our first train was delayed 30 minutes. There were a lot of people in our situation and they assured us that the next train would wait for us. When we got to Lille we ran (with many other people) and the Eurostar people were waiting for us. They quickly got us through security and customs and we got down to the platform. It was pretty quick. We ended up getting into Lille about 20 minutes late and the Eurostar train was about 10 minutes late, so we ended up down at the platform just a few minutes before the Eurostar train arrived. It all worked out, but it was very stressful since we were just unsure about everything. I would definitely make sure you book your whole trip through Eurostar so they know you are connecting.

Hopefully, this is helpful to some of you.

Thanks! we're using the train for the first time in August so this is really helpful.

Just to add that some Eurostar trains do run direct to DLP from London and from DLP to London so you do not always have to change in Lille as the OP. These are one a day but dont always run every day

Thank you so much. I will be doing the same in a few weeks. The schedule for the direct Eurostar didn't work out for me, and I opted for the transfer. Glad to know it's not too hard as long as the train is on time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter