Event parking (Crypto.com Arena) and other details

PrincessK&A

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone, we will be visiting San Diego, Disneyland and the Crypto.com arena in the coming weeks. We have decided to take the train from San Diego to Anaheim and visit Disney without a car. We will rent a car from here and will be going to see a Clippers game which starts at 7pm on a Wednesday night and have a flight out of LAX home on Thursday morning at 8:30am. I need help figuring what is the best approach to getting to the arena and then airport the following day. Does Crypto.com have ample parking? Is parking difficult to get out of after an event? We are from Montreal and after hockey games, we could be in traffic for up to an hour and a half following the event to just get out of the parking lot. Should we stay at a hotel in the area of the arena after the game? Would we have a difficult morning commute to the airport on Thursday morning? The alternative is to leave Crypto.com following the game and check into an airport hotel that evening so we are closer to the airport in the morning. The final option is to forgo a car altogether and Uber everywhere. Uber from Disney to Crypto.com, then from there to airport hotel. Thank you for your input, This is our first time to California and are very excited.

Hey! As a SoCal native and die hard Lakers fan, I've parked a decent amount near the "Crypt." My recommendation would be to go on a reserved parking site (parking panda, parkwhiz, etc) and find a $5-$10 spot about .5 miles away that is covered, and has security. Usually you can get them right next to the 10 freeway for easy exit. Quick 10 min walk and you're at the stadium. I will say it isn't the best area around the arena so if that's something that concerns you, you can always splurge for closer parking. $20 would get you closer (no need for reservation on that one; there's plenty of signs), or I think it's $40-$50 for actual stadium parking. As for the airport, there is a LOT of morning traffic. I would recommend staying at a hotel near the airport the night before you leave. As for Ubers, it would be somewhat pricey getting around, as SoCal is kind of large, but rental cars here are also expensive due to taxes. Ultimately it's up to you to decide based on your circumstances (hotel parking fees, arena and theme park parking fees, number of people in your party, etc.). Hope this helps! Happy to answer any other questions you may have.

I was there for a Kings game last December, and I took public transportation from where I was staying in Santa Monica. I didn't have a car, and my primary mode of transportation was using my 7-day Metro pass that cost me $12.50. The Metro Expo (E) light rail line has a stop a block away from the arena. Around game time there will be a lot of people and at least the area around the arena will have lots of police.

https://www.google.com/maps/dir/Pic...ceb7bb2d5!2m2!1d-118.2672541!2d34.0430175!3e3

And pregame there are excellent places to eat at L.A. Live. I like the Yard House chain, but there's also Tom's Watch Bar.

https://www.yardhouse.com/locations/ca/los-angeles/los-angeles-la-live/8321
https://tomswatchbar.com/location/los-angeles/

I would say that it is kind of crazy what they do with three (soon to be two) major tenants there. Almost anything team-specific is temporary. Obviously the hardwood floors are team specific. When I was there I saw fabric wrapping around columns with Kings imagery. We could see some of the Lakers (the primary tenant) stuff in the rafters but Kings retired jerseys and championship banners were hanging down lower. For Clippers games all the Lakers stuff gets covered up. I understand the Clippers banners have to be put in and removed for every game.

https://www.espn.com/espn/feature/s...s-clippers-rule-staples-center-their-own-ways

Last edited:
Hi everyone, we will be visiting San Diego, Disneyland and the Crypto.com arena in the coming weeks. We have decided to take the train from San Diego to Anaheim and visit Disney without a car. We will rent a car from here and will be going to see a Clippers game which starts at 7pm on a Wednesday night and have a flight out of LAX home on Thursday morning at 8:30am. I need help figuring what is the best approach to getting to the arena and then airport the following day. Does Crypto.com have ample parking? Is parking difficult to get out of after an event? We are from Montreal and after hockey games, we could be in traffic for up to an hour and a half following the event to just get out of the parking lot. Should we stay at a hotel in the area of the arena after the game? Would we have a difficult morning commute to the airport on Thursday morning? The alternative is to leave Crypto.com following the game and check into an airport hotel that evening so we are closer to the airport in the morning. The final option is to forgo a car altogether and Uber everywhere. Uber from Disney to Crypto.com, then from there to airport hotel. Thank you for your input, This is our first time to California and are very excited.
I would check into a hotel adjacent to the airport after the game!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter