Event Photography in MK

ReneeDisney

Off to Neverland.....
Does anyone have the phone number to Disney Event Photography?

I booked a photography session @ the Magic Kingdom with the GF Concierge and now I think I might want to cancel it.
I have been reading alot of posts that the pictures are not that good and they are digital. I just don't want to be disapointed with the photos afterwards. I have nothing to compare them to,

??? If anyone has had pictures taken of them in the MK- I would appreciate your comments- good or bad!

Thanks! ... can't wait to be in WDW again!

I have never done this, but I have seen many examples on in-park photos, and read a lot of comments about them...I have to say, all the pictures I've seen look gorgeous. And everyone I've talked to who's had them done just loved the results. If you've got the extra cash, I'd say go for it. I don't think you'll be disappointed, and they will certainly be unique wedding pictures to show your grandkids years from now!

My DH and I did the bridal photos the day after our wedding. It was prior to them going digital but I have seen the digital ones also and they ae just as good.

Check out www.mebweb.com/wedding
under photo album then go to Magic Kingdom link

I have not seen them, but from what I understand the digital pictures that they shoot are first rate. I think they use contract photographers, so your best bet is to call the concierge back at the GF and ask them to put you in touch. The Phone number for the GF is 407-824-3000.

If you are looking for a videographer, I know the one who used to do the Magical engagements and will PM it to you if you so desire.

I hope your wedding is as magical as mine was...

:bounce:

BTW, it looks like we will be there at the same time, DW and I will be looking for you with the Bride and Groom Mickey Ears, and make sure to wear a Dis-Board Green Ribbon (We will have one one the back pack with our 2 dragons in it)

See you then!!!!!

Thanks for all the great information. As it will be our honeymoon, I want to make sure I get pictures that are worth it. I will be giving the GF Concierge a call today and ask them some questions, as well.

THANKS FOR EVEYONE'S HELP!!

We did our bridal pictures two days after the wedding (didn't want to get up before the park opened the first day) at EPCOT and they were unbelievable. They are truly lovely - and like no other photos you'll see in any other wedding books. If you have specific preferences (prefer close in or prefer scenery, whatever) just discuss them with the photographer as you are on your way to the session. We have a mixture of up close and distance shots. We were able to do many different areas of EPCOT including by the fountain, by the Lights of Winter (it was December) in Norway and Italy (both inside the pavillion and out by the lake) and have many unique and lovely photos.

I was wondering if you could give me an idea of what it costs to do the event photography? It sounds like something I would love to do for our vow renewal in July.

The Magic Kingdom Portrait session was $750. I thought that was a lot of money, but I only got married at WDW once!! I'm so glad I did it, and would do it again in a heartbeat. The pictures at the other parks are less, I think $500. There is also the option of a portrait session that is during park hours and in regular clothes (not bridal attire), it's considerably cheaper. You can see mine at http://albums.proshots.com/disney/ password 64013
It's also $150 if you want to get hair and makeup done.

Wow that's a lot of money. Saw in this LINK that Gifts of a Lifetime is having a photo event special for the summer months. Something to consider.

We had the photo session as part of out honeymoon package. I was actually very disappointed with the picture because for some idiotic reason I chose to have them done in the world showcase. That was stupid. I would suggest that anyone who has them done and wants the Magic of Disney should have the pictures taken in the Magic Kingdom. Other reasons I wasn't thrill with the pictures were perhaps not entirely the photographers fault. My cheeks are bright red in the pictures and look ridiculus (I think I have that rosacia thing) but I thought that they might be airbrushed or something. I made an assumption that perhaps I shouldn't have. Also, I thought that like most photographers he would take a bunch of pictures and pick the 20 best to put in the album but he actually only took 20 pictures and they all went in.

About them being digital - I believe that they are but they are professional grade digital so they are professional quality pictures and you would never know that they were digital if you weren't told (I guessed because he was checking the replay to make sure he got the shots).

Like I said it was part of the package but I had my travel agent look into how much it would have been separate and it was $325 (november 2002).

Anyway, that's my $0.02.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter