Ever been fired and loved it?

Sort of? My company was bought. I was senior enough in a policy position that the new company didn't want me. I didn't want them either. Their corporate ethics were not well aligned with my personal ethics. I was paid handsomely on the way out the door, and received an enhanced pension. It worked out. I retired years before I thought I otherwise could have.

I was working a temp job for about 1.5years scaling trucks in/out of a chipmill. It was boring but easy work. I did a couple of really fancy cross stitch kits and took an online medical terminology class. But I was bored. Then one week they just decided they were ready to do it again on their own and did not need a temp.

I spent a couple of months on unemployment. Improved my typing and 10key skills using Mavis Beacon. Applied for so many jobs I won an award at the unemployment office for tenacity. They even paid for me to go back to school for "retraining" even though I had a bachelor's degree. So I signed up for Pharmacy Technician classes at the local community college. Just before the semester started I got a new Temp job at a local Production facility and still continued with school.

I finished the two year program and got my certificate and would like to think I helped some of my classmates along the way. But by the time clinicals came around I was fully entrenched in my new temp job. That is where I first learned about production planning. Though I left that job voluntarily and did other things inbetween I eventually landed back in production planning. It seems like where I belong.

And I learned that counting to 30 all day long is not for me. :)

I was laid off earlier this year from a company I spent 8 years. I was frustrated because of the way they went about it.

But it was great. I had another job lined up within hours. (It took 6 weeks to get hired and to start) but I got a 36% increase in salary and better benefits plus much better work/life balance. It worked out incredibly well.

First off, I'm sorry you got fired, that's never an easy thing to deal with, even if it was a good thing. For me, I've been there and currently living it. I was fired in January from a job that was not a good fit. While I enjoyed everyone I worked with, the situation was not a good fit. After I got let go, and the initial reaction of being fired wore off (I admit to crying a bit), I felt elated to be out of there.

I literally waited almost 3 years for the day and it came in DEC. I knew it was coming. So when I had my call-in to be terminated ( I worked from home) the "ordeal" lasted no more than 2 minutes. 15 minutes after I clocked out for good, I started dusting my living room to Christmas music and YES, I was happy!. I still am.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter