Ever experience a perfect pump?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
For the first time I can remember, the gas pump stopped on exactly $20 tonight. I can’t take credit, the pump was on auto and just happened to fill the tank at exactly $20.

I started to squeeze in a couple more cents like Jerry Seinfeld but instead kept it a perfect $20.

Fancy. Here in the States we just have to take our chances and hope we can afford the final tally. Every fill up is a game of petroleum roulette. :drive:
Eeeekkkk!
We out the $ amount or press fill and it's done, easy peasy. Has been that way for at least 20 years.

I was surprised when I opened the thread and it *was* what I was expecting. I’m always looking for a good pump ending in a quarter and can’t remember the last time I got one. Congrats on the twenty. A rare find indeed.

Fancy. Here in the States we just have to take our chances and hope we can afford the final tally. Every fill up is a game of petroleum roulette. :drive:
Really? Here in NJ we have the choice of fill it up (where the attendant will squeeze out a bit to get no coins needed) or just ask for a dollar amount.

Go inside and pre pay, you can just tell them an exact amount on which pump and the pump will stop there.

Really? Here in NJ we have the choice of fill it up (where the attendant will squeeze out a bit to get no coins needed) or just ask for a dollar amount.
I put in whatever $$ amount I want. There is no minimum or max, only what you stop the pump at (or if you live where you have to prepay), whatever that amount is. Thank god I don't live where you have to prepay, what a pain in the butt. I almost exclusively use pay at the pump and whatever amount I put in is charged.

Yeah, I was caught off guard when an attendant insisted on pumping my gas during a road trip through NJ. It wasn't a crisp, uniformed team of smiling young attendants eager to wipe my windshield and check my oil and tire pressure, like you see in movies from the 50s. It was a bitter old dude who reluctantly got up out of a chair and who wouldn't let me near the pump. It seemed like some sort of union gig or something. I'm not sure why, but I would have preferred to just pump my own. I'm not used to having an attendant, although I vaguely remember them from when I was a kid.
I put in whatever $$ amount I want. There is no minimum or max, only what you stop the pump at (or if you live where you have to prepay), whatever that amount is. Thank god I don't live where you have to prepay, what a pain in the butt. I almost exclusively use pay at the pump and whatever amount I put in is charged.
This.

:laughing: Yeah, if fancy is another term for huge PIA. All fuel must be pre-paid, even at full-serve. You guess here too but the wager is whether or not what you paid is enough (or too much) to actually fill your tank. If paying by cash you have to go in and get a refund if you’ve overestimated. I rarely ever pay by cash but when it does happen that way for some reason it makes me irrationally angry. :furious:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts