Ever experience a perfect pump?

And have to walk all the way into the store and then have to talk to another human being?
I had this problem, not with change but rather when the pump did not give me a receipt for my credit card. Regrettably I did not move my car before going in. Maybe better to leave the car at the pump without regrets since in the time it takes to re-park and go in, one or two other customers would use the pump and the system would lose track of my purchase or, in the case of paying cash, lose track of how much change I should get back.

... perfect pump ...
At first I was thinking of sump pumps.

When pumping gas and trying to top off, I usually see it stop on something like $20.01 or $36.01 .

Last edited:

Yeah, I was caught off guard when an attendant insisted on pumping my gas during a road trip through NJ. It wasn't a crisp, uniformed team of smiling young attendants eager to wipe my windshield and check my oil and tire pressure, like you see in movies from the 50s. It was a bitter old dude who reluctantly got up out of a chair and who wouldn't let me near the pump. It seemed like some sort of union gig or something. I'm not sure why, but I would have preferred to just pump my own. I'm not used to having an attendant, although I vaguely remember them from when I was a kid.

This.

In New Jersey it’s illegal d to pump your own gas.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter