Ever Heard of a StopOver RV?

Tigger1966

Addicted to Disney
Just purchased a vintage RV for DD to restore it is a 1968 StopOver. I can't even find a refrence to the name on the web. Has anyone here ever heard of this?

Then I have to try and remember what he said.:wizard:
It is much easier to read the email over and over till I get it:cool1:

Thanks I may give them a call eventualy but I'm not in a big hurry the camper will be with us for a while.
Besides I have to get everything ready for the Disney trip:worship:
StopOver.jpg

That is one sweet little trailer. I sure hope you post pictures as the restoration progresses. Hard to believe how little those early trailers were. Back then, a 21 footer like mine was considered huge.

At this point not sure if it is going to be a restoration or a renovation. I would like to keep as much of the old charm with as many modern day as possible with this small platform.
The first thing is to address some structural problems and possibly a diffrent axle to get it lower so it will tow better.

That's intresting atleast someone has heard of it. I haven't done much research as I am getting the MH ready for the season.
I installed an electric dump valve. No more going outside to pull a handle like the common camper just push a button and the crap is gone just like the big boys:cool1::cool1:

I found it is way too much trouble to have to go outside and walk all the way around the MH and pull a handle just to empty my black tank:rotfl2:
That's a good 10 feet and did I mention going outside:eek:

:headache::headache::headache::headache::headache:

Coming back from Florida we had an RV Stopover for 2 nights in the back lot of a towing company in Virginia.

I lost a hubcap and the grease cup on I95. We lost enough grease, the wheel bearing seized. No axle damage. The job was pretty simple, just replace the bearings. seal, grease cup----no biggie ! ! ! !

The cheapest part was the grease cup----They ordered in a dozen that did not fit, that is why we had 2 days RVing in a towing lot.

They ran a cord for electricity. Better than paying for a motel. We are home now, but the towing lot was not on our original agenda.
john

This place has great info too:

http://www.ynotcamperrestoration.com/

BTW the vehicle make is listed on the Nevada DMV list as the "Stopover Traveler and Camper Co.", if that helps at all :cutie::

http://www.dmvnv.com/vehmakes.txt

:goodvibes
Just purchased a vintage RV for DD to restore it is a 1968 StopOver. I can't even find a refrence to the name on the web. Has anyone here ever heard of this?

We also bought a Stopover 1968 camper! You're right as we can't find any info on it either. The only picture of any camper that looks like it is the Bell. Have you found out anything yet?

We also bought a Stopover 1968 camper! You're right as we can't find any info on it either. The only picture of any camper that looks like it is the Bell. Have you found out anything yet?

Funny....once again I got suckered into reading a thread that is 7 years old as if it was current....hopefully they found out something by now...lol....but I will be curious if anyone involved will notice this or respond....

Welcome, rinsogna to the camping board. The posters haven't been seen on the Dis in a very long time. I hope maybe more recent posters have some info on your camper.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!