Ever made a pumpkin pie with a graham cracker crust?

kdonnel

DVC-BCV
My college aged daughter is having a Friendsgiving tomorrow and has asked me to make a pumpkin pie but with a graham cracker crust. She said her friends all like the pumpkin pie itself but really don't like the traditional doughy crusts.

I am curious enough that I have bought the stuff to make two and will make the one for our own Thanksgiving the same way.

Not a traditional pumpkin filling, no. We've made pumpkin cheesecakes (usually mini ones) with a graham cracker crust.

I would be concerned about how it would bake. Pumpkin pie usually takes a pretty long time to bake and I don't know if a graham cracker crust would work well like that (e.g. would it burn?).

Never mind - quick Google search came up with a recipe: https://abc.go.com/shows/the-chew/recipes/simple-pumpkin-pie-with-graham-cracker-crust

Ignore everything else I said above :p :o

I thought about the crust and then realized that cheesecakes bake as long or longer then pumpkin pie.

Just a thought--I bet it would taste really good if you made the crust with gingersnaps or similar spiced cookie. Or make your own with cinnamon grahams. I know you bought the regular graham cracker crust, but making a cookie crust is really easy--just cookie (or cracker) crumbs and butter, sometimes a touch of sugar.

Have made pumpkin pie with a graham cracker crust, but prefer the traditional crust. If your pastry crust turns out too doughy, either try to blind bake it or make the crust thinner so it will be flakier when done baking.

Yes, I made pumpkin pies with graham cracker crusts before.

And, pffft, who needs a recipe? ;)

We do a pudding pumpkin pie w/graham cracker crust. 2 small packages of vanilla pudding, 1 cup (?) of pumpkin, mix w/milk, then put in the pie tin. Chill.

No bake, and easy to make.

Just a thought--I bet it would taste really good if you made the crust with gingersnaps or similar spiced cookie. Or make your own with cinnamon grahams. I know you bought the regular graham cracker crust, but making a cookie crust is really easy--just cookie (or cracker) crumbs and butter, sometimes a touch of sugar.

I have done this before as I usually make one with gingersnap crust and one with traditional crust.

I follow a simple online recipe that binds the crumbs with butter and a bit of sugar and bake it for a few minutes before putting in the filling. Very easy. Just follow a simple online recipe. Make sure you use the full amount of butter...the crumbs really do need all of it to bind properly.

I like the one with gingersnap crust more, as it gives the pie some personality!

My college aged daughter is having a Friendsgiving tomorrow and has asked me to make a pumpkin pie but with a graham cracker crust. She said her friends all like the pumpkin pie itself but really don't like the traditional doughy crusts.

I am curious enough that I have bought the stuff to make two and will make the one for our own Thanksgiving the same way.

I would suggest you make (or buy as your case may be) the chocolate graham cracker crust. It goes better than the regular graham cracker crust.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!