• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Ever Stayed at the Crowne Plaza

smilingmouse

<font color=CC00FF>Eeyore's Girl ~ <font color=gre
Hi,

Has anyone ever stayed at the Crowne Plaza in Garden Grove, on Harbor Blvd? I got this hotel through Hotwire for my trip from 11/5-8. It has pretty good reviews, but I'm wondering what you guys think?

I am looking 4 all feedback, good and bad.

Thanks!!! :flower: :sunny:

We stayed a few hotels down.....but it looks beautiful!! I met a woman on our shuttle who was staying there and she said that she was very pleased! There is a starbucks next door and an Outback steakhouse. Target is across the street. I have stayed at Crowne Plazas in other cities and never left disappointed.I hope this helps.........

Thank you very much!!! Do you happen to know/remember what other restaurants are within walking distance? I'm pretty sure that there is a Joe's Crab nearby too, right? What restaurants do you recommend?

TIA!

There is a Joes on property, too. Sorry! The kids dont like that place.....We are big Outback fans. There is an Italian place called Bellagio in the Hyatt across the street that my friend recommended and there is a Buca di Peppo in the Hampton Inn and suites(where we stayed)/Embassy /Hilton lot which is a couple doors down from you. Awesome!!! We have one in Chicago that we go to alot. A 9 out of 10.
Tons of fast junk....del taco, jack in the box, pizza hut, carls jr all within walking of Crowne. Have fun!!!!!!! :earsboy:

Thanks again!!! I am really excited about Joe's....we don't have them here in Duluth...I've never heard of Del Taco, but I might have to try it..... :cool1: :flower: :sunny:

There is a Red Robin there, too. It's like a nice hamburger place, not fast food, more like Chili's. We ate there and we really enjoyed the burgers.

We stayed there the year it opened and really liked it. Nice rooms, big pool, the restaurant in the hotel had a great breakfast (we never ate there any other time). It's a long shuttle ride to and from the park - they share a shuttle (maybe it was ART?) - on bust nights we had to stand and it was maybe a 15 to 20 minute ride with all the other stops. But even with that - we were very pleased. Have fun!

AFMom said:
We stayed there the year it opened and really liked it. Nice rooms, big pool, the restaurant in the hotel had a great breakfast (we never ate there any other time). It's a long shuttle ride to and from the park - they share a shuttle (maybe it was ART?) - on bust nights we had to stand and it was maybe a 15 to 20 minute ride with all the other stops. But even with that - we were very pleased. Have fun!

AFMom,

Thank you sssoooo much!!!! I really appreciate the review. I'll be at DL from 11/5-8. Do you think the parks will be very busy at this time?

Thanks again! :sunny: :cool1: :flower:

Shouldn't be busy - that's a great time to go. You'll have less of a problem with the shuttles then - we went in the summer! It really is a nice place to stay - you'll enjoy it!

Thanks again!!! I was lucky enough to get this hotel through Hotwire for 206.00, with Taxes and fees...I got a $30.00 rebate through Happenings, so I'm pretty happy!!!

We stayed at Crowne Plaza last December. We loved it. The rooms are nice sized and the beds were fantastic. The rooms are clean and quiet. The service was great, too. We ate breakfast in the hotel's restaurant and it was decent.

The ONLY downside: parking. If you have a car, you may end up parking pretty far away.

The Crowne Plaza does not participate in ART, but rather has its own bus service it shares with the Hyatt and one other property. We did end up standing some times but we were in Disneyland and didn't really mind. The drivers were super helpful and would assist in loading/unloading strollers, etc.

We would stay there again in an instant.

I won't have a car, so that won't be a problrm...I'm really looking forward to this trip!!!

smilingmouse said:
Thanks again!!! I was lucky enough to get this hotel through Hotwire for 206.00, with Taxes and fees...I got a $30.00 rebate through Happenings, so I'm pretty happy!!!

What's Happenings? Thanks.

funnygarcia said:
Happenings is (I think) is another name for the Entertainment book.

Funnygarcia,

You are correct..we've always called it the Happenings book....sorry for any confusion.

The entertainment book icludes a 30.00 rebate for ant purchases over 95.00 on Hotwire, provided you use the link in the book.

We stayed there a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it. Joe's Crabshack is right in the parking lot. Another benefit is the Target right across the street which was a great place to stock up on inexpensive snacks and bottled water. You might want to call the hotel and ask about extra fees as they were charging a "resort" fee at one time which I think was $7/night. I don't know about you, but I hate surprises at checkout!

They still are, and the fee i stil $7....even with the fee, I'm still pleased with the rate....now if I can just get a decent rate for flight to/from SNA

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter