Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

2 questions...
1. Where can I view my rider rating?
On your rider app, tap the 3 menu bars in the upper left corner. Your name and picture and menu will appear. Your rating will be right below your name. [ETA: I use an Android phone. I don't know if it's different with an iPhone.]
2. Staying at Windsor Hills and need to get groceries, planning to go to the new Walmart across the street. Using their service where all I have to do is pick up the groceries, not shop. Can the driver stay and wait or do I need to call a new driver? How do I pay for both rides?
Just ask your driver and they may wait for a short time in return for a decent cash tip...which may work out cheaper for you as well. You're talking about a minimum fare ride, so the driver won't be making much at Orlando's terribly low rates. If you have to order a second car, you'll pay two minimum fares with two booking fees etc.

The other option, and maybe the better one, is to just walk across the street, pick up your groceries and then call the Uber. Again, terribly short trip for the driver, but a nice tip would ease the pain.

Last edited:
Warning. Pickup for Uber and Lyft at HS changed last week. Do not follow any posted signs. You will end up in the wrong spot. I could not figure out where it moved to. Just cancelled my ride and called for a Minnie Van instead. They pick up in the bus loop.

Thankfully the driver was understanding and I was very willing to pay the fee, of course

As a single female I am a bit hesitant about using Uber. I have rarely used cabs of any kind because I live in the suburbs. There are 2 or 3 times my upcoming trip when using a cab or Uber might be called for, my question is - where would a single rider sit with Uber? Still in the back like a cab? You didn't mention the water parks but I assume I could get a ride from Typhoon Lagoon to my resort also?
I have used Uber a few times at home or while working in Boston and felt safe.

Great thread! I know nothing about Uber and was hesitant to use it because of that. I do have a couple of questions.

1. Are we required to tip? I saw that Uber drivers aren't supposed to take cash, but if they can't, how would we tip?

2. I assume that Uber drivers do late night pick ups, correct? We are looking to watch some Thursday night football at ESPN at the Boardwalk and would need to get back to CBR after buses have stopped running. Would we be picked up outside the Boardwalk lobby, like the other taxis?
You tip through the app, there’s an option to add the tip to the fare.

Yes, you can tip in the app with Uber -- since last summer, actually. The driver gets the full amount of the tip. If you tip in the app, the tip will show as a separate item on your email receipt from Uber so that you can see the full amount going to the driver.

I personally prefer to tip drivers in cash because that way they know that I appreciated their service, and they get the money right away. Tipping in cash is also almost a guaranteed 5-star rider rating from that driver. If your rider rating ever drops significantly, cash tipping is a sure way to get it back up.

When you tip in the app, the driver gets paid with their regular weekly pay deposit which could be several days.
I was not aware they could take cash tips..I usually tip through the app. I will try tipping in cash next time.

I was not aware they could take cash tips..I usually tip through the app. I will try tipping in cash next time.
Sure, you can tip however you want.

I tip in cash because it's immediate, and the driver knows I gave the tip because I appreciated their service. However, a LOT of people don't like to carry cash at WDW and may prefer to tip via the app.

The only trick with tipping through the app is that you must RATE the driver first (Remember: 5-stars = an A; 4 stars = an F) before you see the tip screen. You can also award "badges" and leave nice comments for the driver. Drivers laugh at the badges, but nice comments are always appreciated.

2 questions...
1. Where can I view my rider rating?

You can't. You can use the Contact Us option and ask, but when I did, they said they don't offer that yet. No indication when it might be available (if ever ;)) but they did tell me my rating. 4.9 - I guess because I occasionally forget to tip.

I can see my Uber rating but not my Lyft rating. I think it might make a difference whether you have an iphone or an Android phone, as I mentioned above.

You can't. You can use the Contact Us option and ask, but when I did, they said they don't offer that yet. No indication when it might be available (if ever ;)) but they did tell me my rating. 4.9 - I guess because I occasionally forget to tip.
That was Lyft...right?

Lyft is just weird in some ways. I can't see my DRIVER rating with Lyft except once a week when they send me a silly "weekly recap" by email...which I usually delete without opening.

But I get instantly updated stats on my acceptance rate (always described as "low" even when it's 100% :confused3), my weekly total of rides (usually single digits, lol), and the number of rides given during peak hours (typically zero).

Not tipping should not affect your rating on Uber.

We have to rate you immediately in order to close out the ride. And, once the rating is given, we cannot change the rating. I give all riders 5 Stars unless there was something REALLY wrong. I can't remember when I gave a rider anything less than 5 stars.

Lyft is a little different. I think we have 24 hours to rate or to change a rating, and if we don't do a rating, at 24 hours it automatically becomes 5 stars.

I am arriving into MCO on Thursday for a solo trip. I am staying at a DS Hilton. Would Lyft be a good way to get from the airport to hotel? I have a discount off for them that I just got an email about (50% off up to $10 all rides through July 1).

What do you think? Would it be fastest?

I am arriving into MCO on Thursday for a solo trip. I am staying at a DS Hilton. Would Lyft be a good way to get from the airport to hotel? I have a discount off for them that I just got an email about (50% off up to $10 all rides through July 1).

Yes, you can do that. It would be faster than a shared van.

Yes, and less than half the price of a taxi. Just be sure you are in the pickup location, have your bags, and are ready to board before you order the ride. You will find Lyft or Uber very convenient and inexpensive.

For four adults with four checked suitcases and four carry-ons, would an UberXL fit everything? Thanks!

For four adults with four checked suitcases and four carry-ons, would an UberXL fit everything? Thanks!
It should. We have had 1 XL vehicle that we couldn't fit in with 4/4/4. But that was a rather small XL (I wish I could remember now what the vehicle was but I'm sorry, I can't). Any other time we have not had any problems at all.

Theoretically, yes. Realistically, maybe.

It will depend on what kind of vehicle you get with the luck of the draw, how big the people are, how big the checked luggage is, how skillful the driver is at packing their car, how far you are going, your pain tolerance, and the tolerance of the driver. If your trip is a short one -- like FLL to Port Everglades (< 3 miles), the driver would probably just say no.

If you get a minivan or large SUV like a Suburban, you'll probably be okay -- but there is really no way to know without trying.

Depending on the vehicle you get, you may have to pre-board the smallest passenger into the small section of the 3rd row seat, drop the large part of the 3rd row, and then load the luggage around passenger #4. You'll have 1 in the third row, 2 in the captain's chairs of the second row, and one up front. If you get a vehicle with a bench seat for the second row, you can put 3 there and one up front, and you'll have more room for luggage.

Thanks for the replies!! It would be for the cruise port... in NY. :) to Staten Island. So yeah, nothing to do with WDW, but I know the people on this thread have been super helpful in the past and it’s all basically the same. :thumbsup2

Interesting Uber experience yesterday. I selected an Uber X to go from the Contemporary to Port Orleans French Quarter but a guy driving a Toyota Sienna showed up and when I told him I had selected the Uber X he became very indignant and told me not to worry about it. When I got emailed receipt the amt was not the lower price for the Uber X but the higher by $5 price for the Uber XL.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!