Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

The guard at Wilderness Lodge (where I was staying) was grumpy this past week. After asking for the driver's ID, he would ask to see my Magic Band, which is a pain in the neck if you have short arms, are sitting on the other side of the seat, and/or it's raining. One time he pretended to scan it with a device but really didn't scan it. The Uber/Lyft drivers and I commiserated on how annoying the guard was. It felt like he was trying to exert his power over the drivers, but it actually made for a worse experience for me (the hotel guest).

We will need an Uber from a hotel on International drive to attend MNSSHP. I know that we will get dropped off at the TTC. How hard will it be to get an Uber after the party back to our hotel? We may also need one from MCO to the hotel.

We will need an Uber from a hotel on International drive to attend MNSSHP. I know that we will get dropped off at the TTC. How hard will it be to get an Uber after the party back to our hotel? We may also need one from MCO to the hotel.

From what I've read on this thread, there's always ubers avaliable. How long it takes to get one from TTC would depend on what date & time you're travelling though. The busier the party is, the more people that will use uber and the wait might be a little longer.

When you do your ride request, put Disney's Contemporary Resort as your destination. The driver will drop you off at the Contemporary rather than TTC and it's just a short walk to MK. (Unless you want to take the monorail or ferry.)

Same drill returning. Walk to the Contemporary and request your ride. As GirlDreamer said, there may be a wait if you leave with the rest of the crowd.

MCO to your hotel will be no problem. The last time I saw an MCO Uber queue, there were over 200 cars waiting for a ride! (not sure why those drivers do MCO, lol!)

I want to use Uber vs a Minnie Van for our evening at the HDDR, I have a couple questions:

1) Where is the drop off point at Ft. Wilderness? Will I still need to take the internal bus to get to Pioneer Hall?
2) We are coming from AKV...how far in advance should I plan to leave in order to make our 8:30pm ADR? We've never been to HDDR and we have only been to Ft Wilderness once (6 years ago) so I am clueless.
3) To get back to AKV, I would assume we do the drop off process in reverse, correct? If not, then what?

Thanks...

I want to use Uber vs a Minnie Van for our evening at the HDDR, I have a couple questions:

1) Where is the drop off point at Ft. Wilderness? Will I still need to take the internal bus to get to Pioneer Hall?
2) We are coming from AKV...how far in advance should I plan to leave in order to make our 8:30pm ADR? We've never been to HDDR and we have only been to Ft Wilderness once (6 years ago) so I am clueless.
3) To get back to AKV, I would assume we do the drop off process in reverse, correct? If not, then what?

Thanks...

I’d also like the experts’ view on this. My understanding for #1 and #3 is yes, which is why we’re thinking of a Minnie, I think they can avoid the internal bus.

Minnie Vans can drop you right at HDDR; Uber & Lyft cannot. You would need to take the internal bus, which is about a 15-minute ride.

From AKL, it might be better to take Uber/Lyft to WL, where you can get a bus direct to HDDR. That bus runs less frequently than the buses from FtW Outpost, but it's only a few minutes ride, non-stop.
You should probably allow about an hour, but I'm not sure about that answer.
Yes, for Uber/Lyft, go to WL or the Outpost and request a car from there. There may be buses running direct to MK, which you would want to avoid, as you cannot get picked up by Uber/Lyft at MK either.

If time is not an issue after the show, you might want to take the boat to either WL or CR instead of the bus, but not the boat to MK.

When you do your ride request, put Disney's Contemporary Resort as your destination. The driver will drop you off at the Contemporary rather than TTC and it's just a short walk to MK. (Unless you want to take the monorail or ferry.)

Same drill returning. Walk to the Contemporary and request your ride. As GirlDreamer said, there may be a wait if you leave with the rest of the crowd,

When you're taking an Uber to the Contemporary for the purpose of going to MK, where exactly are you dropped off? Do you have to go through the security gate? If so, does the guard have a problem with it?

When you're taking an Uber to the Contemporary for the purpose of going to MK, where exactly are you dropped off? Do you have to go through the security gate? If so, does the guard have a problem with it?
Yes, the Uber goes through the security gate. Uber dropoffs and pickups occur all the time, and guards don't normally have any problems with it because the driver is not parking there. I've seen an occasional post about a guard issue, but I think it's usually just someone having a grumpy day.

You can ask the driver to drop you in the parking lot near the walkway. IIRC the part of the lot closest to MK is blocked off for valet use.

Just 5 min ago I was dropped at CR. Guard said or asked nothing once the driver said drop off. Waived us in.

Good evening everyone. I have not read all 111 pages, as I will never have the time, but I have scanned quite a bit. Have used Uber here and there, including Orlando last year. Great service. Recently i had a crazy shock at a concert in my hometown with Uber. I knew of surge pricing, but the usual fare from the concert to home which was usually around $20, it was $130 that evening. Not kidding whatsoever, and that was after waiting more than an hour. Is the surge that great for riding Uber at a park closing? We have one day at Epcot, and will stay until the very last minute, then head back to our Universal hotel. I do not want a scary sticker shock again. We also had some craziness go on at that concert, where 2 of our party were trying to get an Uber, even at the surge pricing, then it would charge our card through the app, then the driver would cancel on us. I guess people were bribing them with cash or something. It was nuts. We were able to get the charges off the card after many emails. I just want to be prepared to get a taxi if Uber does that kind of surging at park closing.

Will we have any trouble to get Uber from Universal hotel to drop off at Beach Club? I really want to see this resort and the area and walk to Epcot this way. I have never done it before and hope it can be done. I think we will use the Epcot site at closing. Thank you everyone.

We have one day at Epcot, and will stay until the very last minute, then head back to our Universal hotel.

Will we have any trouble to get Uber from Universal hotel to drop off at Beach Club? I really want to see this resort and the area and walk to Epcot this way. I have never done it before and hope it can be done. I think we will use the Epcot site at closing. Thank you everyone.

Uber should be able to drop off at Beach Club. I took Uber/Lyft to Wilderness Lodge many times earlier this month. AngiTN just took Uber to the Contemporary a few minutes ago.

If you are staying at Epcot until the last minute, I assume you mean until Illuminations ends. If it were me, I would walk out the International Gateway exit and go over to the Beach Club to request an Uber from there. I would not mess with the front of Epcot at park closing time unless I had to get on a bus or get back to my car.

Can't answer your question about surge pricing.

Uber should be able to drop off at Beach Club. I took Uber/Lyft to Wilderness Lodge many times earlier this month. AngiTN just took Uber to the Contemporary a few minutes ago.

If you are staying at Epcot until the last minute, I assume you mean until Illuminations ends. If it were me, I would walk out the International Gateway exit and go over to the Beach Club to request an Uber from there. I would not mess with the front of Epcot at park closing time unless I had to get on a bus or get back to my car.

Can't answer your question about surge pricing.
Agree. Go out IG and call for a ride from one of the resorts. I've had very little experience with surge pricing in Orlando. Maybe we just have been lucky or maybe they don't have it all that often. I really don't know. It's possible a tourist area like Disney works out a lot different than your hometown

I would not mess with the front of Epcot at park closing time unless I had to get on a bus or get back to my car.
Yes, the current pick-up area at Epcot is a mess. The cars are lined up in the first row of the handicapped parking, where it's hard for them to pass one another, they have to cross the stream of exiting Guests twice to exit the lot, and if a parked car needs to back out where they're lined up, it's totally messed up.

This is why I love the Dis boards. Thank you everyone for the advice and the Epcot pick up mess. Yikes. We will walk back to the resorts and get a ride from there. Yes, we will be staying until Illuminations ends. This is our only day at Disney in about 5 years. Just too much life. Glad to hear no one is seeing surge pricing. Thank you again!

If you don’t mind fibbing, you can just say you have a dining reservation at Chef Mickey’s... they don’t confirm. Or at least that’s what I heard from a friend. ;)

Good evening everyone. I have not read all 111 pages, as I will never have the time, but I have scanned quite a bit. Have used Uber here and there, including Orlando last year. Great service. Recently i had a crazy shock at a concert in my hometown with Uber. I knew of surge pricing, but the usual fare from the concert to home which was usually around $20, it was $130 that evening. Not kidding whatsoever, and that was after waiting more than an hour. Is the surge that great for riding Uber at a park closing? We have one day at Epcot, and will stay until the very last minute, then head back to our Universal hotel. I do not want a scary sticker shock again. We also had some craziness go on at that concert, where 2 of our party were trying to get an Uber, even at the surge pricing, then it would charge our card through the app, then the driver would cancel on us. I guess people were bribing them with cash or something. It was nuts. We were able to get the charges off the card after many emails. I just want to be prepared to get a taxi if Uber does that kind of surging at park closing.

We had no problem in May going from the Hard Rock Hotel to the Grand Floridian one morning, so to BC should be fine as well. I also agree you want to go back out that way and Uber/Lyft from the Beach Club. In March we went from the Contemporary to Animal Kingdom Lodge after dinner and not too long after HEA, and the surge pricing raised it from $15 to around $25 or so. Percentage wise that’s fairly high, but really not too bad in total dollars.

Help! I just used Lyft to go from WL to Polynesian the initial quote for the short trip was $5.35 however this driver drove me around in a big circle passing Golden Oaks entrance and fort Wilderness twice! Then he pulled into the TTC instead of the Poly entrance. Now I must got a receipt reflecting a charge of $14! I can't find a phone number to report this the the number on the website doesn't work! Beware the guys name is Jean and he drives a silver Hyundai

Help! I just used Lyft to go from WL to Polynesian the initial quote for the short trip was $5.35 however this driver drove me around in a big circle passing Golden Oaks entrance and fort Wilderness twice! Then he pulled into the TTC instead of the Poly entrance. Now I must got a receipt reflecting a charge of $14! I can't find a phone number to report this the the number on the website doesn't work!

When I had a problem I didn’t call. I reported it through the app. I got an auto-reply which did not apply to my situation but they credited me for the charge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter