Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

Can Uber/Lyft drop off a Pioneer Hall in Fort Wilderness or will they have to drop off at the main entrance?

I have used both Uber and Lyft, but not at WDW. When I open my app, it asks me for the destination where I am going. I then put in the address.

My question is: do I need to know the physical/street addresses of all the places I may want to go via ride share? For example, we have a dinner reservation one night at Sanaa, at AK Villas, Kidani Village. Do I need the restaurant's address?

Another question: How close to Sanaa will the driver be able to drop us off? I can't walk very far, and may have to take a Minnie Van so I can take my ECV if the drop off point isn't close to Sanaa.

Thanks in advance!

I think if you put in the name of the hotel, the app usually knows where it is. But if I know I will be going somewhere, I write down the address on a piece of paper in case I need to enter it.

Sanaa is in the same building as the lobby of Kidani Village so they should be dropping you off right in front of the building no matter how you get there.

Can anyone please share recent experiences with taking Uber/Lyft to a Resort "unrelated" to your destination?

Last year I took lyft to the Contemporary several times from AKL to walk to MK, but I have heard they will turn people away if they have no reason to be at the actual Contemporary. Same with taking Lyft to Yacht club to get the Worldshowcase.

I have heard many Guests are beginning to be given a hard time when doing this?

Can anyone please share recent experiences with taking Uber/Lyft to a Resort "unrelated" to your destination?

Last year I took lyft to the Contemporary several times from AKL to walk to MK, but I have heard they will turn people away if they have no reason to be at the actual Contemporary. Same with taking Lyft to Yacht club to get the Worldshowcase.

I have heard many Guests are beginning to be given a hard time when doing this?
I have read a lot of "I have heard" posts, but I don't think I've ever read a single "This actually happened to me" post. Generally, Uber and Lyft are allowed to go anywhere public traffic can go, and when they are dropping off at a resort or theme park, they have absolutely no effect on parking availability. I can't imagine any reason why Disney would want to inhibit people from coming to their resorts or theme parks.

This strikes me as a thing people worry about, but nobody ever actually experiences it.

Question for rideshare drivers: I had an interesting pickup last week (granted, it was 4 AM). First the driver went to the wrong door, and seemed annoyed when I called him. But when I got in the car, he had small, laminated sign on the back of each headrest "This is a five star vehicle. Cash tips appreciated."

Are you all allowed to do that?

Question for rideshare drivers: I had an interesting pickup last week (granted, it was 4 AM). First the driver went to the wrong door, and seemed annoyed when I called him. But when I got in the car, he had small, laminated sign on the back of each headrest "This is a five star vehicle. Cash tips appreciated."

Are you all allowed to do that?
Allowed? Yes. Those signs are sold on eBay and Amazon. Some drivers also prominently display tip cups (and some riders steal the tips!)

Is it a good idea? Personally, I don't do it. I've never been convinced that it increases tips, and if a driver can't make it on the fares, tips really are not going to make driving worthwhile.

But I think you'll see a lot more tip solicitation as the companies continue to reduce driver pay.

Uber can drop you off at the airport, though.

Where exactly does Uber drop you off? I'm hoping it's a minimum distance from the check in counter. I'm taking Southwest, and getting wheelchair assistance at the check in counter, and I really don't want to walk far (hence, not planning to take DME, since they're in the opposite terminal).

Is it a good idea? Personally, I don't do it. I've never been convinced that it increases tips, and if a driver can't make it on the fares, tips really are not going to make driving worthwhile.
Thanks! I have no objection to tipping at all, I just almost never carry cash.

Where exactly does Uber drop you off? I'm hoping it's a minimum distance from the check in counter. I'm taking Southwest, and getting wheelchair assistance at the check in counter, and I really don't want to walk far (hence, not planning to take DME, since they're in the opposite terminal).
They are allowed to drop you off at the departures area for your airline.

We have never used Lyft or Uber. We are landing at Sanford airport after 9:00pm on a Wed night. When I do a fake booking I get $52-$58. However I have read so people saying that is cost closer to $80. There will be 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 7). We are flying home from MCO. I was looking at a one way rental dropping off at car care center the next day and that cost about $100. I also have heard that sometimes there are no drivers at that time of night. I have never done this before so any advice would be great. Thanks

We have never used Lyft or Uber. We are landing at Sanford airport after 9:00pm on a Wed night. When I do a fake booking I get $52-$58. However I have read so people saying that is cost closer to $80. There will be 2 adults and 2 kids (11 and 7). We are flying home from MCO. I was looking at a one way rental dropping off at car care center the next day and that cost about $100. I also have heard that sometimes there are no drivers at that time of night. I have never done this before so any advice would be great. Thanks
With two adults and two children, and luggage, I would certainly order XL. When I checked the rider app from SFB to Disney Springs, I got $50 for X and about $88 for XL. Your actual fare will be a little different, but that's pretty close.

You will also probably get some new rider promotions when you sign up, so put the app on both adults' phones to maximize savings.

I don't think you'll have any problem getting a ride at 9 PM at night.

The main tip I would give you is NOT to order your ride until you have all your luggage and are ready to be picked up. If you order "early" the most likely outcome is a $5 cancellation fee.

Also check to see if there are designated pickup spots at SFB. Some airports are very strict about where pickups can be made.

PP is correct - they will take you to the departure area for your airline, where curbside check-in is. Its no different than if a friend or relative were dropping you off.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!