Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

Wait! Seriuously, wait five minutes. If you re-elected immediately, you will very possibly get the same vehicle again.
Right, you should wait a couple of minutes, depending on where you are.

If you are at the airport, the canceled driver should go back to the top of the queue -- and at a busy airport like MCO, that should mean an immediate ride. So a minute or two wait there should be plenty.

But you will see the new accepted ride as soon as the driver accepts. If it's the same driver, just cancel immediately and then wait a little longer.

Thanks a bunch Jim. Haven't heard of Uber Comfort.

So this afternoon at 4:00 I requested an Uber to go from POFQ to Polynesian Village Resort. I immediately received a response from Uber that “Jose” with a Silver Toyota would be arriving in 2 min. Then a second text a minute later saying ETAwas 4 min. Then I received 5 more messages over the next 12 min saying arriving in 2 min. Then I received a message that simply said “cancelled”! The next text said “try again”....so I did so and another driver arrived and informed me that what happened to me is probably that the previous driver picked up a better ride...and basically just dumped me!!! Meanwhile I have now received an email/receipt where I have been charged a $6.00 cancellation fee when I am not the one who cancelled. I want to call Uber and complain and I’m wondering if this some kind of scam...

So this afternoon at 4:00 I requested an Uber to go from POFQ to Polynesian Village Resort. I immediately received a response from Uber that “Jose” with a Silver Toyota would be arriving in 2 min. Then a second text a minute later saying ETAwas 4 min. Then I received 5 more messages over the next 12 min saying arriving in 2 min. Then I received a message that simply said “cancelled”! The next text said “try again”....so I did so and another driver arrived and informed me that what happened to me is probably that the previous driver picked up a better ride...and basically just dumped me!!! Meanwhile I have now received an email/receipt where I have been charged a $6.00 cancellation fee when I am not the one who cancelled. I want to call Uber and complain and I’m wondering if this some kind of scam...
Sorry you had this experience -- there is no excuse for it.

Yes, it's a scam...called "shuffling." "Jose" works for cancellation fees, not for fares -- and he won't last long.

You can help Jose's exit along by formally complaining to Uber. Be sure and use the word FRAUD. This was a FRAUDULENT cancellation -- you were at the proper pickup spot and he kept telling you he was coming. Explain it fully, just like you did above -- especially the part about you waiting for 12 minutes. They have a record of all of that, as well as your location and "Jose's" location.

To make a report, open your Uber rider app and tap the menu icon (3 bars) in the top left corner. Then select "Your Trips." Select the ride with the cancellation and then select either "Review my fares or fees" or "My driver was unprofessional." Then explain what happened. Your $6 fee will be immediately refunded.

I'm sorry you got shuffled, but the beauty of this is that you kept "Jose" tied up for about 15 minutes. If he had a brain, he would have picked you up, driven you to Poly, received a larger fare, and probably gotten another ride in the same time period. You can't fix stupid -- but with your help, we can get rid of "Jose."

Yes, it's a scam...called "shuffling." "Jose" works for cancellation fees, not for fares -- and he won't last long.

You can help Jose's exit along by formally complaining to Uber. Be sure and use the word FRAUD. This was a FRAUDULENT cancellation -- you were at the proper pickup spot and he kept telling you he was coming. Explain it fully, just like you did above -- especially the part about you waiting for 12 minutes. They have a record of all of that, as well as your location and "Jose's" location.

To make a report, open your Uber rider app and tap the menu icon (3 bars) in the top left corner. Then select "Your Trips." Select the ride with the cancellation and then select either "Review my fares or fees" or "My driver was unprofessional." Then explain what happened. Your $6 fee will be immediately refunded.

I'm sorry you got shuffled, but the beauty of this is that you kept "Jose" tied up for about 15 minutes. If he had a brain, he would have picked you up, driven you to Poly, received a larger fare, and probably gotten another ride in the same time period. You can't fix stupid -- but with your help, we can get rid of "Jose."

Thank you I did follow your instructions and got an email response quickly and a refund of the cancellation fee.

Thank you I did follow your instructions and got an email response quickly and a refund of the cancellation fee.
Good. I'm glad you got your money back -- that is actually almost automatic with both companies.

Also, thanks for reporting "Jose." Most drivers are fine, but it helps everyone when people complain about the small percentage who are not. "Jose's" behavior will catch up with him eventually -- the sooner the better.

People often complain about customer service, but don't take a few minutes to do anything about it. We see that often on DIS threads, and it's also true in the rideshare industry. Nothing gets done if everybody keeps quiet, or only posts on social media. So thanks for taking the extra step.

Is there an advantage to pickup at The Contemporary versus TTC when leaving MK?

What is an approximate wait time for a ride early morning to HS?

this is all new to me, but excited to try it.
I hope to use it for a ride to the airport when leaving, sure beats renting a car and oayong for parking.

I am staying 2 miles from the HS entrenece.

You can walk to the Contemporart, while the TTC is only accessible by ferry or monorail.

Wait time depends on how many drivers are working on the area minus how many working drivers currently have fares. Consider a taxi.

Okay, yes, a rideshare will take you to the airport. Still allow enough time to get checked in, through security, and to your gate. MCO usually recommends getting to the airport two hours before your flight.

Is there an advantage to pickup at The Contemporary versus TTC when leaving MK?
That depends on time of day and your preferences, but most people prefer the short walk to the Contemporary to waiting in line for a monorail or ferry. Our family actually enjoys the monorail and ferry, provided we don't have to wait too long for them, but YMMV.

The same is true for dropoff for MK. If you set your destination as MK, the Uber app will automatically send you to TTC. So set the Contemporary as your destination, skip the monorail/ferry delay, and just walk to the MK entrance.
What is an approximate wait time for a ride early morning to HS?
That will depend specifically on where you are staying, but plenty of cars should be readily available.

An approximate pickup time will be shown on the app before you order your ride. If your resort is a little remote, it may take the driver a few minutes to drive to you.

If you give us your resort, some other member has probably Ubered from there and can give you first-hand info.

this is all new to me, but excited to try it.
It's very easy. You might want to download the app and practice a little with it. You can enter your pickup and dropoff points and see how the app works -- up to and including seeing the estimated pickup time, and fare. Just don't order a ride you don't intend to take.
I hope to use it for a ride to the airport when leaving, sure beats renting a car and oayong for parking.
Yep. I used to drive to the airport here in Miami, but now all I do is Uber -- just so much easier.

This happened to me twice! And both were my first attempts at using Uber. I came to check out this thread to see if I'm doing something wrong but I guess I just had bad luck. But it did turn me off attempting to use Uber.

I had no idea what to do so I just requested a refund of the cancellation fee which I did receive. And then I just got a Mears Cab and just barely made it to my dining reservation.

I may try Uber again on my next trip now that I know what to do. Although I really, really don't want to find myself stranded at the Vineland Outlets.

This happened to me twice! And both were my first attempts at using Uber. I came to check out this thread to see if I'm doing something wrong but I guess I just had bad luck. But it did turn me off attempting to use Uber.

I had no idea what to do so I just requested a refund of the cancellation fee which I did receive. And then I just got a Mears Cab and just barely made it to my dining reservation.

I may try Uber again on my next trip now that I know what to do. Although I really, really don't want to find myself stranded at the Vineland Outlets.
Same advice as above. Click to Expand the quote for detailed instructions on getting your money back.

PLEASE report both cancellations and Uber will immediately credit your account.

There are apparently some scammers working the Orlando market; we almost never get that here in Miami, but our driver pay is higher than Orlando. We need to get rid of the scammers, but Uber has no idea it's going on unless you report it.

If you wanted a pickup from Walmart and requested a SUV, should they have enough room for some bags and a pack of water? Also, should I contact driver to let him know I have groceries?

If you wanted a pickup from Walmart and requested a SUV, should they have enough room for some bags and a pack of water? Also, should I contact driver to let him know I have groceries?
Yes, an XL vehicle will be either an SUV or minivan and will have room to transport six people. So unless you have a lot of people or a ton of groceries, you'll have plenty of room.

Just one or two people with a regular load of groceries would probably be okay with Uber Comfort, which will be quite a bit less expensive than XL.

You don't need to call the driver to advise them about the groceries. When they see the Walmart pickup, they'll know you're carrying packages. Just don't expect the driver to load or unload the groceries. Be very careful not to spill anything, and respect the driver's car and you'll be fine.

Yes, an XL vehicle will be either an SUV or minivan and will have room to transport six people. So unless you have a lot of people or a ton of groceries, you'll have plenty of room.

Just one or two people with a regular load of groceries would probably be okay with Uber Comfort, which will be quite a bit less expensive than XL.

You don't need to call the driver to advise them about the groceries. When they see the Walmart pickup, they'll know you're carrying packages. Just don't expect the driver to load or unload the groceries. Be very careful not to spill anything, and respect the driver's car and you'll be fine.
Thanks JimMIA. It will be my, my wife, and daughter and we always respect the car. I wouldn’t want to lose my top rating.

When taking it from/to the airport to the resorts are the tolls calculated into the fare or are they added at the end.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!