Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

When taking it from/to the airport to the resorts are the tolls calculated into the fare or are they added at the end.
Hmmm...I don't know. But I think the toll is only $2.50, so it's not going to greatly affect your fare.

Your toll should be calculated at the SunPass rate, because that's what Uber pays the driver. I don't know how Orlando does it, but in Miami our SunPass tolls are sometimes 30% less than the regular toll. I think Orlando gives some discount, but less that ours.

I have not used Uber on a toll route but I found this on Uber help under "Do riders pay tolls or surcharges?" Hope someone else gives their experience.

4. When you accept a trip with an upfront price, the estimated tolls and/or surcharges that are incorporated into your upfront price reflect the predicted route.Your price may change if the tolls or surcharges on your route differ from our predicted route--for example, your driver went through a toll that was not predicted as part of the estimate route. In addition, depending on the city and the charge, multiple passengers on an UberPool trip may each pay the full amount of the estimated toll or surcharge, or they may share the cost.

we want to use the skyliner to get to epcot from riviera, i dont wanna use hotels parking spot, so i can uber from next door from bonnet creek, but how do i start?

Has anyone here used Uber or Lyft for grocery pickup from Walmart? If you scheduled a grocery pickup and used Uber back and forth, how would you even book that ride?

You would book it as two separate rides. You request the rideshare to the supermarket. The driver drops you off. When you're done shopping and outside the store, you request a rideshare for the return trip.

Has anyone here used Uber or Lyft for grocery pickup from Walmart? If you scheduled a grocery pickup and used Uber back and forth, how would you even book that ride?
Depending on where you're coming from, that might be a pretty expensive grocery excursion. I would certainly research grocery delivery options -- there are lots of options.

If you do use Uber/Lyft, don't expect the driver to load and unload your groceries, and some drivers may cancel once they see a large quantity of groceries.

My family is looking at using uber for the first time on our upcoming trip from All Star Movies to Universal Studios. On the return trip from Universal to Movies. Where do you get picked up from and is there a designated spot or what is the easiest place to be picked up from at Universal?

My family is looking at using uber for the first time on our upcoming trip from All Star Movies to Universal Studios. On the return trip from Universal to Movies. Where do you get picked up from and is there a designated spot or what is the easiest place to be picked up from at Universal?
Haven't been there lately, but I read it's now on the top floor of one of the parking garages. There should be signs. There's also an info booth in City Walk where you get off the moving walkways from the garages; I expect they could give you the exact location.

Some people prefer to walk to the Hard Rock Hotel and get one there.

I never, ever, EVER select X with bags. Always XL. Some X cars are too small for 2 big bags and I'm not a gambler. XL is always a fit. And now that they have Comfort class, we use that.

What is your average cost to get to a Disney resort with XL? I'm going to try and convince my sister to use a ride share service for our next short trip, instead of handing out the $180 for a round trip towncar.

What is your average cost to get to a Disney resort with XL? I'm going to try and convince my sister to use a ride share service for our next short trip, instead of handing out the $180 for a round trip towncar.
$40 with tip

Someone can confirm but I'm pretty sure at any All-Star your location locator will pick up what building you are in, and you will be able to choose the closest parking lot to you. Or just pick a driver and message them. At Universal there is a ton of signage, but you have to go ALL the way out to the parking deck on the top level. It's consistently filled with people everywhere and multiple cards, lanes for them, etc. it's intense, but Universal has a handle on it, it's not just random on the street (your driver probably won't even try this and will know the Universal way of things).

We recently finished ADRs for our July trip and we were able to grab 8:05 pre opening ADRs for BoG and trying to figure out what our best option(s) for getting from the POP Century to the Magic Kingdom would be. I'm not sure if we want to rely on catching the bus and we’ve never done Uber/Lyft so we’re not really sure what to expect.

Were a party of 5 with 3 adults, a 13 year old and 10 year old so we’re thinking an Uber XL or Lyft equivalence would be our best bet. Will it be an issue getting a Uber XL that time in the morning? I’ve also read that it’s probably better to get dropped off at the Contemporary instead, and walk 5-10 minutes to Magic Kingdom. Is that the case? Also anyone know roughly what either option would cost?

I also know Minnie Vans are an option, but since they’re no longer a $25 flat fee I’m guessing it would be considerably more expensive than an Uber/Lyft. I’ve read that they do drop you off at the bus drop off which would be convenient and maybe worth the extra cost since it will be our last day and a short one at that? Any advice or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

I'm not sure if we want to rely on catching the bus
Buses start about 6:30 AM every day, running about every 30 minutes at that point.
0 AM e
Will it be an issue getting a Uber XL that time in the morning?
No.
Also anyone know roughly what either option would cost?
See www.rideguru.com, or even open the rideshare and enter Pop and MK addresses (just don't actually request a ride!) for estimate, keeping in mind that surge pricing could occur.
and maybe worth the extra cost since it will be our last day and a short one at that?
"Worth the extra cost" is too subjective for anyone to determine for anyone else - but yes, Minnie Vans can bring you right to a park's bus loop.

I’ve also read that it’s probably better to get dropped off at the Contemporary instead, and walk 5-10 minutes to Magic Kingdom. Is that the case?

A Minnie Van can take you directly to the Magic Kingdom. Minnie Vans have a parking slot with the Disney Resort buses. Another reason some families like Minnie Vans is because there are 2 car seats in the vehicles. The downside of a Minnie Van is that the wait may be longer than for an Uber/Lyft; also the cost is more than for an Uber/Lyft.

An Uber, Lyft or taxi cannot take you directly to the Magic KIngdom. It takes you to the Transportation & Ticket Center. From there you have to take the monorail or ferry boat to get to the Magic Kingdom. But an Uber, Lyft or taxi can take you to the Contemporary. From the Contemporary it is a short walk to the Magic Kingdom - no monorial or ferry boat required. Also, there is security on the path between the Contemporary and the Magic Kingdom (or at least there was the last time I was there) so you don't have to go through the regular security line at the Magic Kingdom.

I suggest putting the Uber app and the Lyft app on your phone while you are home, setting up your accounts and getting used to how they work. Sometimes you have to swipe to see all of the different vehicle options; I didn't realize that the first time I tried. Sometimes one will offer discounts and the other won't, so it's good to have both on your phone if you don't care which one you use.

I suggest putting the Uber app and the Lyft app on your phone while you are home, setting up your accounts and getting used to how they work. Sometimes you have to swipe to see all of the different vehicle options; I didn't realize that the first time I tried. Sometimes one will offer discounts and the other won't, so it's good to have both on your phone if you don't care which one you use.
If you're testing it at home, tap "Where To" or "Destination", and a search screen will come up where you can enter both the pick-up & drop-off locations. You're looking for "Disney's" in front of the name of a resort: "Disney's Pop Century" and "Disney's Contemporary Resort". There may be variations that show up in the search; choose the one that is just "Disney's whatever Resort".

Minnie Vans are requested using the Lyft app. When you enter a pick-up and drop-off both on Disney property, the Lyft app will show the fare for a Minnie Van as well for the usual Lyft vehicles. Minnie Van fares are fairly constant; Lyft and Uber fares can vary greatly based on demand.

I just tried it, and right now Lyft XL is showing $17.59, and MV is showing $38.98, just to give you an idea of the cost difference. (Those are both for CR; MV to MK should be about the same.)

First time grabbing a ride share from MCO. 4 adults with 4 large suitcases and backpacks should order an XL correct? Thx

First time grabbing a ride share from MCO. 4 adults with 4 large suitcases and backpacks should order an XL correct? Thx
Yes, that's correct. X must carry 4 passengers, but that's not including luggage. When DW, DD17, and I do airport rides, we always order XL.

How hard is it to get an Uber/Lyft from the Polynesian early in the morning? Do you deal with many canceled rides? What about back to the Polynesian around 5-6pm?

it sounds like car seats in Ubersare harder to find? I’m assuming I’m going to need to bring mifolds or something similar.

ABOUT SURGE PRICING

Ever wonder how much EXTRA your driver makes if you are paying surge pricing?

Well, Uber has an amusing app glitch going on right now in Miami that shows you! It's on the driver's app, so you can't see it -- but as a public service I swiped a screenshot of Miami International Airport last night.

You'll see two numbers there -- one is 1.7x, and the other is $4. Due to the glitch, Uber is showing drivers both sides of the surge -- what the rider is paying, and what the driver is getting.

Since they're showing us, I thought it only fair that you should be able to see it, lol.

1.7x is the surge multiplier the RIDER is paying.

So for example, for DD, DW and myself returning from a trip, I would take XL -- and to my house, that is usually about $45. At 1.7x, $31.50 surge is added and I would pay $76.50.

$4 is the portion of the surge the driver would be paid.

So $31.50 extra for Uber, $4 for the driver.

Uber thanks you!

BTW, Lyft does exactly the same thing.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!