Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

We are new to Uber/Lyft. In June we’ll be at all star sports. The morning bus scenario scares me. Where does Uber pick up at this resort and what’s an average rate they charge for getting to a park? Thanks!

We are new to Uber/Lyft. In June we’ll be at all star sports. The morning bus scenario scares me. Where does Uber pick up at this resort and what’s an average rate they charge for getting to a park? Thanks!
They'll pick up at the front lobby area

If I have a family of 5, one child is almost two and needs a carseat, another child is 5, will that work for uber xl?
in FL, does the 5 yo need a booster? If we don't bring one,will they give us a ride?(we'll be looking to get uber with carseat for 2yo) does it take a long time to get the carseat Uber option? longer than normal at airport?

in FL, does the 5 yo need a booster?
Yes. Florida law is anyone younger than 6 needs a car seat.
If we don't bring one,will they give us a ride?
Maybe yes, maybe no. Technically, they should not drive you, but many drivers will.
(we'll be looking to get uber with carseat for 2yo) does it take a long time to get the carseat Uber option? longer than normal at airport?
The key is availability at the time you place your ride request. If there is a car seat car available, they will be in the same staging lot as the other rideshare vehicles.

I don't know how the Orlando drivers play that one. To me, it would seem like MCO would be the perfect place for a car seat vehicle because there aren't that many of them, and the trips are almost guaranteed to be nice long trips. But I don't drive that market. Joel can answer that much better than I.

Does Lyft have the same cancellation fees?
I never checked my credit card statement, but when we were at Disney in October I ordered a Lyft from POR to Epcot. The driver who accepted was 7 minutes away. As I watched him on the app, he was driving the opposite direction. A few minutes later he was 15 minutes away and going. I eventually canceled when he was 20 minutes away. First time I’d canceled a ride and I don’t recall seeing anything about a cancellation fee.

I plan to use Uber or Lyft frequently on my February trip.

Thanks!

Does Lyft have the same cancellation fees?
I never checked my credit card statement, but when we were at Disney in October I ordered a Lyft from POR to Epcot. The driver who accepted was 7 minutes away. As I watched him on the app, he was driving the opposite direction. A few minutes later he was 15 minutes away and going. I eventually canceled when he was 20 minutes away. First time I’d canceled a ride and I don’t recall seeing anything about a cancellation fee.

I plan to use Uber or Lyft frequently on my February trip.

Thanks!
The company's policies are a little different, but there are more similarities than differences. I don't want to get too technical, but here are the basics.

In the Help section of your apps, the cancellation policies should be clearly spelled out. With Uber, tap the three menu bars at the top left of your app, and then tap Help. Scroll down a little, and tap on A Guide to Uber, then Requesting a Trip, and you'll see the cancellation information.

Unfortunately, a lot of that kind of information with Lyft requires going to your Online Dashboard. If you have a Lyft question, I would just call their Support line.

Generally, the cancellation fees are $5 for regular rides and $10 for scheduled rides.

With the canceled Lyft ride you mentioned, you should not have been charged a cancellation fee. If you were, you should contact Lyft and demand a refund.

If you have other cancellation questions, fire away and we'll try to answer them.

Just chiming in to say we used Uber for the first time Christmas week out of MCO. Ordered the car when we received our luggage and it was a breeze! Told us what door to wait at and gave driver's name, license plate, car type. I was very happy. Of course, I was with hubby. Not totally sure I"d feel as comfortable alone, at night. But we'd use it again.

We have a group of 9! Can we request two cars? Or a car and XL
What is cost approx from MCO to Disney Springs?
Disney Springs to BLT
BLT to AKL?
Thanks for the help

We have a group of 9! Can we request two cars? Or a car and XL
What is cost approx from MCO to Disney Springs?
Disney Springs to BLT
BLT to AKL?
Thanks for the help

You would need two different accounts/phones to request two cars.
Or you could probably request one Uber & one Lyft from the same phone. At least one would have be a larger vehicle: UberXL or Lyft+.

Sorry for not going through all the posts, I ready through about 10 pages from the beginning of this thread but want to learn about this service! We are party of 3 coming in to MCO in april and heading to WLV, does Uber or Lyft pick up at the airport now? How can I get an estimate of the roundtrip cost, comparing to say 130.00 at Tiffany Town car. Thanks and sorry if this has been asked, please dont get angry!
Jenny

You would need two different accounts/phones to request two cars.

Both Uber and Lyft have price estimators on their site. https://ride.guru aggregates them.

Sorry for not going through all the posts, I ready through about 10 pages from the beginning of this thread but want to learn about this service! We are party of 3 coming in to MCO in april and heading to WLV, does Uber or Lyft pick up at the airport now? How can I get an estimate of the roundtrip cost, comparing to say 130.00 at Tiffany Town car. Thanks and sorry if this has been asked, please dont get angry!
Jenny
Yep, See above for link for estimates

Yep, See above for link for estimates
clicked the links and it shows an estimate of one way, but says price surging? So you can't book in advance and lock in a rate? Seems too iffy to me? I downloaded the Uber app and was trying to search their site for more info

clicked the links and it shows an estimate of one way, but says price surging? So you can't book in advance and lock in a rate? Seems too iffy to me? I downloaded the Uber app and was trying to search their site for more info
No, you can not lock in a rate.
I don't consider it iffy at all. It's so far lower than any other service there's simply no risk involved, even if there were surge pricing (which, in all our trips and all our times using Lyft and Uber, we've seen 1 time)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!