Everthing you wanted to know about Uber/Lyft at WDW

Does Uber have any vehicles that accommodate scooters? And if so, how do I go about booking one? We would definitely use uber vs disney buses to get to DS, AK and even MK when epcot isn't open for us to walk through. We always stay at BC so we can walk or take the monorail to HS, Epcot and most of the time MK.

Visit the Über and Lyft websites. Search for information/page regarding WAV (wheelchair accesdible vehicles.) Follow the instructiond.

Or/also read the two previous pages of this thread. Similar question was ssked and answered recently.

Visit the Über and Lyft websites. Search for information/page regarding WAV (wheelchair accesdible vehicles.) Follow the instructiond.

Or/also read the two previous pages of this thread. Similar question was ssked and answered recently.

Thanks! I will check their websites. I was not going to read 124 pages of posts.

Does Uber have any vehicles that accommodate scooters? And if so, how do I go about booking one? We would definitely use uber vs disney buses to get to DS, AK and even MK when epcot isn't open for us to walk through. We always stay at BC so we can walk or take the monorail to HS, Epcot and most of the time MK.
No ramps or lifts, so only if
  • you are able to disassemble and reassemble it yourself,
  • it will fit in the trunk, and
  • you are able to lift the parts into and out of the trunk.
An XL (SUV or minivan) may be required, especially for larger scooters.
AFAIK, that initiative is not available in Orlando.

As an alternative, both Mears taxi and Minnie Vans have a few accessible vehicles that can be requested by phone.

Uber does not, other than what Joel described.

However, DISNEY has ECV accessible MinnieVans which can accommodate just about any size scooter. When you get to BC, check with the valet dudes and get the info on how to order. Those vans have to be ordered by telephone, I believe -- not the Lyft app, like the regular MinnieVans.

Last edited:
Thanks! I will check their websites. I was not going to read 124 pages of posts.
Aw c'mon Perry! That's how you EARN YOUR EARS! :rotfl2:

But seriously, welcome to the DIS.

You can use the search feature at the upper right corner of the page. With that feature, you can search only this thread, or the entire Transportation forum, or even the entire website. It is difficult sometimes to wade through everything, but the Search feature can cut that workload.

Also, be sure to note the dates of the info you read, because things change rapidly.

There is no vehicle access to the IG, but you can exit Epcot there and walk to Beach Club or Boardwalk to order a ride.

Yes. You can take an Uber to any Disney resort. There shouldn't be any issue getting through the gate for an Uber dropoff, or for pickup.

Lots of visitors visit the resorts to eat, look around and/or shop. The Mouse will be happy to take your money!

This is exactly my question and so happy it has been answered. I read the first post which said that you need a reservation to be allowed into the resort, so clearly things have changed.
I need to get form Coronado (I am not staying there, but will be there for an event) to Epcot for Illuminations. I am thinking I should Uber to Beach Club, and use International Gateway to access the parks, instead of being dropped off at the front of Epcot.

This is exactly my question and so happy it has been answered. I read the first post which said that you need a reservation to be allowed into the resort, so clearly things have changed.
I need to get form Coronado (I am not staying there, but will be there for an event) to Epcot for Illuminations. I am thinking I should Uber to Beach Club, and use International Gateway to access the parks, instead of being dropped off at the front of Epcot.

In the past, I would have Ubered to Beach Club and used International Gateway to get into Epcot. But we don't know how it will be after the Gondolas start operating. There might be a lot more people using International Gateway once the Gondolas start.

In the past, I would have Ubered to Beach Club and used International Gateway to get into Epcot. But we don't know how it will be after the Gondolas start operating. There might be a lot more people using International Gateway once the Gondolas start.
Yes, I would imagine more people will be using the IG to enter Epcot. I wonder though how different it will be with 10 people exiting the gondolas at a time, wonder how they are timed? What does a bus dispense, 50 people at a time? I also wonder if there will be times of low ridership on the gondolas, given that it is running from just a few locations. I am looking forward to seeing it all work!

I also wonder if there will be times of low ridership on the gondolas, given that it is running from just a few locations. I am looking forward to seeing it all wor
The Skyliner will service about 6,700 rooms, as well as park visitors who might want to check out those four properties.

Probably been answered, but where at Magic Kingdom does Uber/Lyft pick you up at?
The better option is to walk over to the Contemporary and order Uber/Lyft from there. They can also drop you off there, which is much more convenient than TTC...unless you want to do the monorail or ferry.

The better option is to walk over to the Contemporary and order Uber/Lyft from there. They can also drop you off there, which is much more convenient than TTC...unless you want to do the monorail or ferry.
So if I'm leaving a Halloween party after midnight, and walk to the Contemporary, I'll be able to get an Uber even if I'm staying off property? I think we'll be too tired to trek to the TTC if we don't have to!

DID you read in USA Today about the " Germs " & Grime in the Back Seats of some of the UBER & LYFT Cars ?

Makes me sick to think about it

DID you read in USA Today about the " Germs " & Grime in the Back Seats of some of the UBER & LYFT Cars ?

Makes me sick to think about it

And the point is ... what exactly? There are “germs” everywhere. Heck, we’re all posting on a message board for probably one of the most “germ” infested places in the world.

Last edited:
So if I'm leaving a Halloween party after midnight, and walk to the Contemporary, I'll be able to get an Uber even if I'm staying off property? I think we'll be too tired to trek to the TTC if we don't have to!
You could, but I think there's a fair amount less walking to the TTC - either up a ramp, into a car, out of a car, down the ramp - than to the Contemporary.

You could, but I think there's a fair amount less walking to the TTC - either up a ramp, into a car, out of a car, down the ramp - than to the Contemporary.

I'm not awake yet, but I'm confused. If you are at the Magic Kingdom, can you walk to the Transportation & Ticket Center? I thought you had to either take the monorail or take the ferry. I thought that was why people say that you should go to the Contemporary and request an Uber/Lyft from there - because you can walk from the Magic Kingdom to the Contemporary.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!