Every Adventure Requires a First Step.

But the Illinois public schools are closed and cannot take the range class at this time. Football and volleyball are in full swing THANK GOD.. I feel so sorry for the Illinois kids who have had their sports taken away --my kids would have lost their minds. They are in school they have Wednesdays as virtual to have the school cleaned. Pretty happy with the way they are handling everything.
Hi Mo! It is great to hear an update from you. I am really glad to hear that your kids are back in school and participating in sports. They are very lucky and in the minority in Illinois. Three of our grandchildren have 100% virtual school and the other two have a hybrid setup. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much to see schoolchildren stuck at home in front of a computer all day, but it does. I see the children at the Catholic school one block from our house participating in a full day of school every day. I also see them outdoors for their break/gym classes running around and having a great time. It makes me feel good whenever I see kids being normal. :) I'm sure that the facts will show that kids are safe at school, but it will take awhile. I think I just want a normal life again.

My husband and I have been fine - following the mask mandate and being careful. No one in our family have gotten Covid. Our son lost his job as restaurant manager and is temporarily working for the Census. We have our first trip to WDW since the pandemic planned for the last week in October. We will see how things go. We are annual passholders and our pass has been extended to May 26th, so we have plenty of time to get our money's worth.

Our biggest news is that our daughter, son-in-law and their two kids moved back to our town after living in Colorado for ten years. It was the wonderful thing ever! I never thought they would return from Colorado but rising property values for their Colorado home made a move here possible. :)

Hello, friend! We are hanging in there. I have been back to the office for a few weeks now, but morale on campus is at an all time low. We are doing a hybrid schedule, and it has been hard on students and faculty members alike.

The good news for me is that we ARE going to Disney this year...10 days from now. Only myself, hubby and the boy this time. The girls are staying home, and that will be SO STRANGE!

I too gained a lot of fluff during quarantine. I am trying to walk it away now, but it is some pretty stubborn fluff. Losing weight at my age is the devil, Bobby Boucher!

I miss my sweet Dis community. The disboards used to be such a happy place, somewhere to escape to each day when things were rough. I feel like I do not even know anyone on here anymore. :-(
So, yeah, it was pretty special when a new post from you popped up on my watched threads this morning.

Mo! It's great to hear an update and that you are all hanging in there through the craziness!

I can't believe the kids are 16, wow! Happy belated birthday to them all.

Things are still pretty crazy here, I have been furloughed since March, and my DH has been furloughed since Good Friday. The UK closed all non-essential retail for about 3mo in March, and I haven't been needed back in store yet so far. Six months off work! I have completed SO many craft projects! We are very lucky here that we still get 80% of our salaries while on furlough, so we have been able to relax a bit and make the most of our time.

Not going to lie, obviously I would never have wished for a global pandemic but I really needed this time for myself so badly. My Mum died in November last year after three incredibly traumatic years for all of us (I have PTSD from it all. 30+ ambulance rides in 12mo? 4 stays in ICU in three years? God bless the NHS, is all I can say!).

My Dad and his dog moved in with us the day before her funeral (permanently), and just as we were coming around to the idea of emptying the storage lock-up and starting to sort out all of her/their possessions, the world shut down, so we've been in limbo since March. Dad is borderline for COPD so we had to shield March-August (only leaving the house for groceries, medical needs and once a week to take food to my Grandparents who are in their late 80s, have dementia and are also shielding). If you want to test a new living arrangement, try being in the house almost 24/7 together for nearly 5 months! I have put on SO much weight in lock-down, I'm equal parts desperate for gyms to open properly so I can get back in the pool and fairly convinced I'd be too scared to go anyway even if they were open.

Other than that we are just being super careful, chilling out as much as possible, and trying to avoid going out unless absolutely necessary! Two of my close friends have had Covid so far. One very mildly (exhaustion, mild cough, better within a week), and one nearly died and is still suffering now after being diagnosed in early April. It really made me even more cautious about following the precautions and guidelines. We were hoping for a WDW trip for the 50th anniversary, but with everything that has happened to us as a family and the world as a whole, who knows when we will go again.

GOOOOOOOOOOOD Morning Monday-

Nope can't do it Monday's just SUCK
bd0d44ebf193981feeb8fdcfbc26d80a.jpg

Wednesdays too- work got in the way yesterday...
That's me. I miss writing and interacting with my friends on the Dis.

I really really do miss my Dis Friends and writing... No matter what will happen with a Disney trip i do have a lot of other Disney stuff. or i can make stuff up - either way i have to stay up to date right? that while TA thing is still there... LOL- so you have to stay tuned especially a lot of stuff i won't post on facebook...

YAAAAAAAY, MO IS BACK!!!!!!!

I am.. Thankfully you are still here too..
tenor.gif

We've had a hell of a year, besides all the awful COVID-19 crap. My nephew was born in January at 23 weeks. He only lived 12 days, which is about the saddest thing I have ever lived through. At the same time, I was diagnosed with shingles, so I couldn't go see him until the very last day when we knew it would be goodbye

When i read this on Facebook i cried for you all for a week. My heart and prayers were with you during that whole awful time..
Please know that.

The rest of the year was e-learning (HATE!!) and quarantine stuck in the house and pretty much going nowhere and seeing no one!

E-learning killed my kids honor roll status for their freshman year!
I am biting at the bit to go SOMEWHERE!!! more in a minute on this.

By summer, I could not wait to get out!!!! Our Disney trip for April was rescheduled to June, then again to July 12. When Disney announced their reopening date was 7/11, I was SOOOOOOO happy we wouldn't have to move our trip again. It was so HOT in a mask, but boy did I need that magic!!! We came home, quarantined for two weeks, and went right back to Florida to do Universal for Jimmy's birthday. It was so amazing, and I'm glad we went on both trips because I honestly felt safer there than I do at the grocery store!!

i agree with you it's so much more cleaner there.. I can't believe it. I had SO MANY people go it was insane, by the time i was able to get something together for the kids it was too late - Volleyball and Football started. :(
they dates i am thinking for next year aren't open yet!!!

Back at school now with 17 kids in class with me, and 8 working at home. It's exhausting mentally, but somehow is working OK.....of course we had some kids test positive, so we're in a two week e-learning quarantine schoolwide at the moment. Hopefully when we go back Monday, we get to stay for awhile!!

No way- the whole school went on quarantine??? i can't even imagine how hard your job it right now. parent's are losing their ever loving minds over this. i can't even imagine. for the first time ever i am going to admit i am glad i have high school kids and they are pretty good with Independence.. except geometry. that sucks.

Missed having you here, Mo!! Glad you're back :) If you're looking for any reports to read, allow me to give a shameless plug to the top two TRs in my signature! Our Merrytime Cruise and WDW trips from December 2019, before the world fell apart!! :)

Thank you It is good to be back- i don't even care what is going on in my life i miss the writing and the friends i have made here.
i do have a lot to tell you all and you all MUST follow on out new adventures!
i will be reading along!!! thanks for telling me AND ALWAYS plug you reports! so much fun.

Hi Mo! It is great to hear an update from you.

Thank you! I am so happy you stuck around! need you here!!!

I am really glad to hear that your kids are back in school and participating in sports. They are very lucky and in the minority in Illinois. Three of our grandchildren have 100% virtual school and the other two have a hybrid setup. I'm not sure why it bothers me so much to see schoolchildren stuck at home in front of a computer all day, but it does. I see the children at the Catholic school one block from our house participating in a full day of school every day. I also see them outdoors for their break/gym classes running around and having a great time. It makes me feel good whenever I see kids being normal. :) I'm sure that the facts will show that kids are safe at school, but it will take awhile. I think I just want a normal life again.

I cannot agree with you more. breaks my heart these kids have nothing. Your right the catholic schools are in session with the exception of sports. I don't know how everyone feels about this and i in no way am going to make someone else uncomfortable. But let ME make my decision on my kids. if you are uncomfortable please stay home no one is judging- but please don't judge others..
The kids need an out a release they need friends Humans are social creatures...

My husband and I have been fine - following the mask mandate and being careful. No one in our family have gotten Covid. Our son lost his job as restaurant manager and is temporarily working for the Census. We have our first trip to WDW since the pandemic planned for the last week in October. We will see how things go. We are annual passholders and our pass has been extended to May 26th, so we have plenty of time to get our money's worth.

YAY for going in October and i cannot wait to hear all about it!! I am so sorry about your son. Several friends of mine have lost their jobs working in the tourism/restaurant business- just breaks my heart Just like my new found TA business thankfully i still have a mortgage paying job.
YES get your money worth on those tickets! Disney is safer then our grocery stores.

Our biggest news is that our daughter, son-in-law and their two kids moved back to our town after living in Colorado for ten years. It was the wonderful thing ever! I never thought they would return from Colorado but rising property values for their Colorado home made a move here possible. :)

I AM SOOOO HAPPY FOR YOU! YAY for O'hana! you have to be on cloud nine!

Hello, friend! We are hanging in there. I have been back to the office for a few weeks now, but morale on campus is at an all time low. We are doing a hybrid schedule, and it has been hard on students and faculty members alike.

this is so hard on all school systems. my heart and support to you all.. just kills me wonder why depression is at an all time high. awful

The good news for me is that we ARE going to Disney this year...10 days from now. Only myself, hubby and the boy this time. The girls are staying home, and that will be SO STRANGE!

I cannot wait to hear all about this. are you doing a report or are you posting it all here??? lol where are you staying?
I LOVE all my friends are going!!! <3

I too gained a lot of fluff during quarantine. I am tryi

OMG between quarantine and the quit smoking i am a blimp...

I miss my sweet Dis community. The disboards used to be such a happy place, somewhere to escape to each day when things were rough. I feel like I do not even know anyone on here anymore. :-(

This is exactly why i came back. we need this escape. i need to write again. i need you all back in my life it's strange to admit a bunch of Computer friends are such an important factor in my life but it is true! And you all have become so important to me.
2e2b9efc66f02429f88dcc3e82d73ca8.gif

So, yeah, it was pretty special when a new post from you popped up on my watched threads this morning.

Aww thank you so much. i am glad to be back!!!

Mo! It's great to hear an update and that you are all hanging in there through the craziness!

Thank you! I am so glad you are here too!!!

I can't believe the kids are 16, wow! Happy belated birthday to them all.

yeah.. 16! how is that even possible when i am still 24??? LOL

Things are still pretty crazy here, I have been furloughed since March, and my DH has been furloughed since Good Friday. The UK closed all non-essential retail for about 3mo in March, and I haven't been needed back in store yet so far. Six months off work! I have completed SO many craft projects! We are very lucky here that we still get 80% of our salaries while on furlough, so we have been able to relax a bit and make the most of our time.

i am curious! how are things there! I really wish america would see the mistakes and adopt other countries policies. Obviously they are all doing something right... Instead of acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.
I only go into the office two days a week. and that is too much for me. Since i absolutely can't stand my job.. More on this in a moment

Not going to lie, obviously I would never have wished for a global pandemic but I really needed this time for myself so badly. My Mum died in November last year after three incredibly traumatic years for all of us (I have PTSD from it all. 30+ ambulance rides in 12mo? 4 stays in ICU in three years? God bless the NHS, is all I can say!).

oh No! I am so sorry about your Mom! my prayers and hugs.. I am truly so very sorry to hear. know i am here for you.

My Dad and his dog moved in with us the day before her funeral (permanently), and just as we were coming around to the idea of emptying the storage lock-up and starting to sort out all of her/their possessions, the world shut down, so we've been in limbo since March. Dad is borderline for COPD so we had to shield March-August (only leaving the house for groceries, medical needs and once a week to take food to my Grandparents who are in their late 80s, have dementia and are also shielding). If you want to test a new living arrangement, try being in the house almost 24/7 together for nearly 5 months! I have put on SO much weight in lock-down, I'm equal parts desperate for gyms to open properly so I can get back in the pool and fairly convinced I'd be too scared to go anyway even if they were open.

wow. this is a lot you had to take in. i do hope you are taking it all in stride. Ever need to vent i am here for you. Please know this. Depression/anxiety is nothing to play around with
I hope you can at least just take a walk? Clear your head?
or like Oopsi said just to escape and be here!

Other than that we are just being super careful, chilling out as much as possible, and trying to avoid going out unless absolutely necessary! Two of my close friends have had Covid so far. One very mildly (exhaustion, mild cough, better within a week), and one nearly died and is still suffering now after being diagnosed in early April. It really made me even more cautious about following the precautions and guidelines. We were hoping for a WDW trip for the 50th anniversary, but with everything that has happened to us as a family and the world as a whole, who knows when we will go again.

This is scary but i can say Disney is the only place where i would feel totally comfortable- they are doing such an amazing job with cleaning social distancing etc.. but they can only do as much as the guests allow ya know?
I have had a lot of people catch that ding damn virus. same like you some are fine two weren't. still living the effects!
crazy times i tell you!

Alright people I am going to come back in a moment and start updating and adding some pictures..
Flicker still ok for adding pictures here or is there other way to post?!?

I AM OVER THE MOON we (peanut and I) are going for Haircuts TODAY!!! It has been 8 months!!! No you don't get pictures.. LOL

OK Prayers and hugs remember we are here to listen ALWAYS..
Let me get my crap together adn start writing!! WHOOP

When i read this on Facebook i cried for you all for a week. My heart and prayers were with you during that whole awful time..
Please know that.
Thank you :hug:

I had SO MANY people go it was insane
Hopefully more people will go and they will keep opening more things and stop cancelling and laying off others!!! PS How's that side hustle going??

they dates i am thinking for next year aren't open yet!!!
Mine either!! I really want to go for Christmas again in 2021.

No way- the whole school went on quarantine???
Sure did. We had two different families, a total of 5 students, test positive, but they were in five different homerooms. Since all of those classes would've had to quarantine, they just had the whole school quarantine for the 2 weeks. It's definitely good to be back this week, but it's like starting from scratch. They've forgotten all our routines!!!

Can't wait to read whatever you've got cooking!!! :)

We are flying to Disney this time, YAY, and staying at Pop. I have stayed there before, and loved it. This will be Brian and Gabe's first time staying there. I have requested a particular building that is close to the Skyliner, so here's hoping. pixiedust: I probably won't do a report, not sure how to get the photos on here. It has been SO LONG, I do not even remember which photo web site I used to do it before. I just remember Disboards made a lot of changes that made putting pictures on here a PITA.

We get to go to Seaworld on Sunday when we fly in. 🐬🐋 Did I mention that already? We have a cruise friend whose fiance' works in security there. They are picking us up from our hotel, and taking us for free. AND, since we had decided not to get Memory Maker (why spend that much $$$ on photos where you cannot even see our faces???), she is letting us use one of her magic bands all week. She is an AP, and MM is included in that price. SO, we owe them a LOT for everything they are doing for us! :worship: Oh, and they are having the wedding aboard Disney Magic in 2022. :sail:So, It looks like we will be cruising with Mickey again... :mickeyjum Ironic part is that we JUST "broke up" with our Disney Visa, deciding we were done with Disney vacations for a while. :sad2: We switched to another rewards CC for cashback rewards to use toward our 2 week anniversary trip next year. So, I am not sure if we will dust off the Mickey card for the cruise or not. :scratchin

Reactions: DLo
Thank you :hug:

Always

Hopefully more people will go and they will keep opening more things and stop cancelling and laying off others!!! PS How's that side hustle going??

YES YES YES!
my travel agent stuff?? it isn't -- no one is going anywhere!!

Mine either!! I really want to go for Christmas again in 2021.

so i am really liking the idea of the Halloween/Christmas trip...

Sure did. We had two different families, a total of 5 students, test positive, but they were in five different homerooms. Since all of those classes would've had to quarantine, they just had the whole school quarantine for the 2 weeks. It's definitely good to be back this week, but it's like starting from scratch. They've forgotten all our routines!!!

oh! well that makes sense need to shut down clean and get back!
I cannot stress enough how much kids NEED that social aspect!
As a teacher do you see teaching in person better for the kids then virtual??
The kids school has had about 5 cases total? not much.. but they are over the top about this whole thing..

Can't wait to read whatever you've got cooking!!! :)

You know i am the master at suspense.

We are flying to Disney this time, YAY, and staying at Pop. I have stayed there before, and loved it. This will be Brian and Gabe's first time staying there. I have requested a particular building that is close to the Skyliner, so here's hoping. pixiedust:

Have you ever flown to Disney? can't beat the prices right now!!! I'm sure you will get your request.. They are pretty good with it..
So i am really excited for you all! and love POP. i love the theme SO MUCH! weird being able to stay in a regular room? from 5 people down to 3? gotta be SO different!

I probably won't do a report, not sure how to get the photos on here.

i'm sorry WHAT?!?! this is not acceptable. Im sure everyone agrees WITH ME

It has been SO LONG, I do not even remember which photo web site I used to do it before. I just remember Disboards made a lot of changes that made putting pictures on here a PITA.

they have changed everything- i do believe it's flicker. Ariana would know.. gotta ask her.

We get to go to Seaworld on Sunday when we fly in. 🐬🐋 Did I mention that already? We have a cruise friend whose fiance' works in security there. They are picking us up from our hotel, and taking us for free. AND, since we had decided not to get Memory Maker (why spend that much $$$ on photos where you cannot even see our faces???), she is letting us use one of her magic bands all week. She is an AP, and MM is included in that price. SO, we owe them a LOT for everything they are doing for us! :worship:

i haven't been to Sea world since 1978.
So i want to hear all about this too!! see you have to do a report!
Aww so good to have amazing friends!! PIXI DUST!!!!!!!!!!!

Oh, and they are having the wedding aboard Disney Magic in 2022. :sail:So, It looks like we will be cruising with Mickey again... :mickeyjum Ironic part is that we JUST "broke up" with our Disney Visa, deciding we were done with Disney vacations for a while. :sad2: We switched to another rewards CC for cashback rewards to use toward our 2 week anniversary trip next year. So, I am not sure if we will dust off the Mickey card for the cruise or not. :scratchin

OMGOODNESS!!!!!!!!!!!! you are the expert Cruiser for sure! this is all so exciting
so.. why wasn't I involved int he decision making about Disney visa?!?! you silly silly girl! Done with Disney.. Who is ever Done with Disney?!?!
Done with Disney
Said NO ONE EVER
where are my angry eyes..
hold on i know i packed them--

tenor.gif

ArtisticGenuineBarbet-small.gif

giphy.gif

OK you have learned your lesson...

I am going to try to find a picture thing
Tonight is Football
I am now at the point just pray for NO INJURIES!!

Happy Friday!!!

friday.gif

669a8c0acf0fca4634b74f59352951c4.gif

As a teacher do you see teaching in person better for the kids then virtual??
I think as long as schools are able to provide enough space for kids to not be on top of each other, being in person is definitely going well. My kids are doing SO great with the masks, which is something I had been really worried about with five year olds. I've just changed the way we line up and do some of our routines, etc. to keep them from sharing germs as much as possible!

That being said, my e-learners have been able to make connections with one another in our small group daily zooms, and I also record our classroom calendar time, so we get to say good morning to them every day, too. I'm hoping that these things help them feel connected as part of the class. The social aspect is super important for sure!

source.gif

We have hit full circle and here we are again on Monday..

I am here to go backwards.. Unfortunately I'm going BACK into 2020. All for you and your entertainment.. Oh the things i do for you all..
This is whole post is going to dip into our personal 2020- Since well- No one had anything else to do and i have nothing else to report but the regrets of quarantine decisions..
No Judging..

Get your popcorn ready people.. Buckle into your Time Rover and return to the time before shut down.
when we were able to sniff the air-

And just get your hair highlighted-

In March- 13th was the day the earth stood still. The last day of school for the kids

When they THOUGHT they were going back. When e learning became a 4 letter word!! AM I RIGHT?!?!
BREATHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

My BFF troy came to town for a annual tour. Of course i had to go- Since Tom had to work I needed my broke mini me.

but always and i mean ALWAYS starts with a little-

Half and Half is my happy drink... my go to.

Like everyone else. as time ticked our freedom became less and less.

I wasn't able to have a St. Pat's day party. No parades. NO GREEN BEER.
but that didn't stop us.

i cooked THE BEST St pat's dinner i have ever made.
and drank as much Guinness as humanly possible.
As more and more information was coming out about this crazy virus the more worried i was becoming. Especially with work. Let's just say the deputy here isn't the best.
Let's say he had NO plan if someone here contacted it! So being me and the office coming to me every hour asking me for information. after doing as much research on this that was available to a meager city employee i was lock and loaded to go head to head with this Deputy.
Instead of talking to him I scheduled a meeting
he canceled
I scheduled another meeting and added the big boss.
he accepted.
April 1st.

My Favorite foreman. anticipating the meeting-- Which
he was excluded from!
we were called into the conference room. My binder in hand ready for the plan of action and what our rights were as city employees..
it was all tossed out the window.

It hit us. Deputy dork started the meeting with "Insert Name here" is hospitalized with COVID-

With that one sentence- there are many major no no's
The first. HIPA-He said the persons name
Second he said the person's ailment - HIPA NO NO!
The font office consists of 4 ladies 1 guy in the open office then us in the offices- A director, me, an engineer, field personnel, and the deputy do wrong.
The ladies lost their... minds...
One of them collapsed in my arms. another was having a panic attack, another was uncontrollable crying-pandemonium

it was heart wrenching and the deputy dipstick did nothing and watched as these women go into mass hysteria .
the Engineer and i had to convince the deputy we had to shut down we needed the offices cleaned everyone was to go home and quarantine.
He fought us.
Until he couldn't anymore. Finally the cleaning crew came in

Terrifying

I gave everyone what they should expect. the WORK FROM HOME guidelines. etc.
After all that nonsense i was told to go home. The deputy was mad at me since they were all coming to me for advice and me telling them their rights.
and i went home to this-

Chapter Page

THE PLAGUE

Last edited:
I think as long as schools are able to provide enough space for kids to not be on top of each other, being in person is definitely going well. My kids are doing SO great with the masks, which is something I had been really worried about with five year olds. I've just changed the way we line up and do some of our routines, etc. to keep them from sharing germs as much as possible!

This is a miracle! This is certainly making you use your imagination and look outside the box!

That being said, my e-learners have been able to make connections with one another in our small group daily zooms, and I also record our classroom calendar time, so we get to say good morning to them every day, too. I'm hoping that these things help them feel connected as part of the class. The social aspect is super important for sure!

you are amazing Love that you go out of your way for them all.

I can't believe (wait, this is Chicago, yes I can) that they didn't take care of you and the other employees in that office! I'm sorry you had to go through the fight, but glad you had your co-workers backs when nobody else did!!

I can't believe (wait, this is Chicago, yes I can) that they didn't take care of you and the other employees in that office! I'm sorry you had to go through the fight, but glad you had your co-workers backs when nobody else did!!

this will forever be imprinted into my memory of how this all went down. Remember at this point if you got it there was no point of return! black plague!
I was scared too but someone had to be calm and a voice of reason.. Apparently it had to be me. I did NOT want that job..

I was scared too but someone had to be calm and a voice of reason.. Apparently it had to be me. I did NOT want that job..
I am firmly convinced that they turned to you because you are a mom and handle crazy, stressful situations all the time. It should be viewed as a compliment to you. :)

The early days of Covid were filled with unknowns. It is laughable to think we would only be affected for a few weeks. It would have been extremely scary to have been in an office with someone who tested positive.

The Plague
original.gif

I had an entire post done. I hit preview - this computer is horse junk the first click of preview didn't work i went to hit it again the mouse jumped and i hit one of the MANY ADS they have floating around and poof post lost and ad web site staring back at me.
that was obnoxious
On with the show---

We all left that day and started quarantine

tenor.gif

The way the Deputy handled the situation without wanting to tell the rest of the employees that someone tested positive or how he was making people sit at their desks as the cleaning company was spraying.

eCUe_U.gif

They ALL wanted to jump ship
That's exactly what they did.
Out of about 50 employees only 5 stayed on. I was the only one who was working from home. The rest were on quarantine.

tenor.gif

Kids were already on virtual learning-

She has since cleaned this room-

It's crazy how they conformed to the insanity just accepted how things were happening around them! They went from having sports every single day for over a year, Working out everyday, hanging out with friends, bike riding, exploring!
To nothing

PowerfulMintyGroundhog-size_restricted.gif

I started my Quarantine routine with waking up so much later then normal- to no traffic going downstairs although there is an occasional speed bump of a dog laying on the landing. No long lines for coffee just me and my coffee pot then to the kitchen table I went.
i like these colleagues so much more

realized the fridge was 3 feet away away
f64f755e5e04dc871afd5840b6825fd1.gif

Days passed -

my bangs were growing out.. i went from working out every single day no carbs
source.gif

ed414dbf4640b1ccfa4e2ccdadf634bc.gif

to literally sitting on my backside from the kitchen table to the couch. netflix, Disney + and hulu.
tumblr_pvjibviHkd1rqgx3ko7_r1_500.gifv

The information about the virus was (and is) ever changing- at first we were not taking it so serious then as time went it started to get a bit more frightening as information was coming out. One of my close friends were chit chatting on the phone about everything going on her fiancé is a fireman and has been coming home with horror stories how another friend is a respiratory nurse and next thing i knew we were hunkered down and NOT leaving our house.
I believe the only ones who were happy about the situation is the dogs-

they were so happy the HOOMANS were home

Thankfully like we said we have been getting ready for social distancing for years-
d64nlml-89a3669b-8672-4a15-9d7b-84f7410a92b4.gif

I mentioned how the grocery store was giving me anxiety. She told me about instacart!
Life changer!!!
images

OMG! I was able to shop on line someone would run around a store then bring it to my car?
Yes please
I was able to save money by now walking around and lazier for not walking around a store! needless to say i started cooking and i didn't care about carbs.

incidentally i am making these today. Chicken tacos! TACO TUESDAY!
6274ec21f39917a9f1767b6fbe66c324.jpg

THE PLAGUE PART 2
Chapter Page

Last edited:
The plague part 2!

so working out to this--

wreck-it-ralph-2.gif

maxresdefault.jpg

tenor.gif

Depression started to hit us in different ways but it started to seep in, Tom wasn't home working both of his jobs. we were starting to lose it
the world was starting to look like a real life horror movie-

So happy the kids DO have technology stay in touch with their friends facetime video games.
still no human interaction besides me.. well lets just say everyone was getting weird.

Even Murphy said this is enough

I started to make masks for the police department. and i started cricuting my house-

Zack started measuring to ensure you were 6' apart

i don't even know-
20200407_125740

Matt even forgot what sport was what

we even were naughty and walked outside past the 6pm curfew~

meghan did some chalk art to liven up the block-
20200407_200517

20200407_200508

which spun into an idea---

that has to wait until tomorrow!

I hope you all enjoy taco tuesday!!

3iq1f3.jpg

Chapter Page
Next chapter-
Not Myself- Yourself - or Themselves

Last edited:
Those days of the lock down were tough. I thought I was going to lose it when Pritzker extended it even longer.

I am firmly convinced that they turned to you because you are a mom and handle crazy, stressful situations all the time. It should be viewed as a compliment to you. :)

The early days of Covid were filled with unknowns. It is laughable to think we would only be affected for a few weeks. It would have been extremely scary to have been in an office with someone who tested positive.

aww thank you. I do have their best interests at heart. i may not like all of them but it's the right thing to do. Yes i understand business must go on But at some point someone needs to take care of the human side.
you are right i can handle the craziest situations i was made for this! HA HA HA
it was SO SCARY when someone you work in close proximity contact this awful virus! terrifying. for sure.
honestly had everyone just stayed home for 2 weeks i think we would be in a much better situation? from my understanding others were told go get two weeks of supplies (not hoard) and live once the two weeks are over life and go on. and other countries life is going on as normal! we are a spoiled country for sure.

popcorn::Just found your thread....still waiting.....😉
hello! Thank you so much for jumping on!
and big Ol WELCOME!
tenor.gif

Those days of the lock down were tough. I thought I was going to lose it when Pritzker extended it even longer.

how about it.. dark crazy times. just shows how WE are all strong!

Last edited:
Not myself, or yourself, or themselves,

iJxUcqCjMkAHHkpMw1BM1-7AtxrQ3SlsCd-zBP-x0JcZ1Q3WlmNsjG6ceQdETeIDxc7FT1g9i3y2DQEmDpdFcLLGol2k9VELbP7o3QML-8yfJcTxGTkLUt-owxe7GCbRjPPn9iLgYAN-Txg

I seriously could not have picked a better theme for this report..

original.gif

I left off stating how we were all getting a bit loopy-

If this was our stuck place, then we need to make the stuck not suck.
the boys were doing ok they had a brighter side- it was difficult with peanut, She was the one who was the hardest to get out of the rut.

With her sidewalk chalk gave me the idea- She needs to use her talent we need to brighten up the house- - and I pretty much forced her to do something-
so back to my cricut i went.. we needed a bit of happiness
what brings happiness in a dark time??

This started the break in the darkness-

brought on a spark of imagination so i bought her paints

I have figment on my front window!! (he's still there too)
a small mickey on the other side i just can't get a good picture of him!
Some happiness is definitely breaking through!

Unfortunately during this insane time we lost an Aunt not covid she had been ill for a while. Who was the matriarch of my step dad's family it was awful to not be able to have a proper wake and funeral but we did what we could went to the funeral parlor had a procession stayed in our cars for the casket
its was awful felt so wrong not being able to have a real burial.
On the way home we saw this guy hopping around the neighborhood-

who brought the kids

Uncomfortable not being able to have a proper Easter. We watched mass on TV had a small dinner with only the 5 of us. If you know us you know we are large and loud.. It wasn't special in which it should have been.
What is a mom to do??
I WILL make the best of every ugly situation!

what's the answer?!? How to get us all back to US?
How!!!
the answer??
Yahtzee of course

Yes- competition- games-
this was intense. But it did start bringing our much back us back to US

Chapter Page
Next Chapter-
Pooh Size!

Last edited:
I started my Quarantine routine with waking up so much later then normal-
Honestly, the only great thing about quarantine was not getting up at 5:15 a.m.!!!! SO much nicer to change from pajamas to sweats instead of "teacher pants" and stroll downstairs to log on. But everything else was the pits!!!

They're the cutest :)

This turned out SO great!!!

Not sure where my quote went, but I remember seeing Meghan's paintings on FB. She is so super talented, and I'm glad she had something to lift her spirits a little. That's exactly why I started doing the #McGQuarantinePartay posts with my family. Coming up with themes was fun, and running around the house with Jimmy trying to find the right props and accessories gave us something to do. I don't know how we didn't completely lose our minds!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter