Every Adventure Requires a First Step.

we did what we could went to the funeral parlor had a procession stayed in our cars for the casket
its was awful felt so wrong not being able to have a real burial.
I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. That would have been hard not to have a real funeral.
Uncomfortable not being able to have a proper Easter.
We had our first and only Zoom family gathering for Easter. It was nice to connect but it wasn't a real Easter.

She needs to use her talent we need to brighten up the house
I love her artwork. :)

I built a beautiful garden out of neglected patch of Tiger lilies and weeds during the quarantine. :)

Honestly, the only great thing about quarantine was not getting up at 5:15 a.m.!!!! SO much nicer to change from pajamas to sweats instead of "teacher pants" and stroll downstairs to log on. But everything else was the pits!!!

yes!i love my stay at home days! although PJ were an all day thing, i believe was a factor in depression too!! No reason to change. or makeup or ANYTHING!!!

They're the cutest :)

you live with them.. LOL

This turned out SO great!!!

Thanks! i do love how this turned out..

Not sure where my quote went, but I remember seeing Meghan's paintings on FB. She is so super talented, and I'm glad she had something to lift her spirits a little. That's exactly why I started doing the #McGQuarantinePartay posts with my family. Coming up with themes was fun, and running around the house with Jimmy trying to find the right props and accessories gave us something to do. I don't know how we didn't completely lose our minds!

you have that trait of creativity- teacher mentality! i love the creative side! come up with such amazing ideas and i loved watching it on facebook!

I'm sorry to hear about your Aunt. That would have been hard not to have a real funeral.

thank you. it was so difficult!!

We had our first and only Zoom family gathering for Easter. It was nice to connect but it wasn't a real Easter.

well at least you had that! it was too quiet and not that FEELING you get for Easter.

I love her artwork. :)

Thank you I will tell her!

I built a beautiful garden out of neglected patch of Tiger lilies and weeds during the quarantine. :)

Pictures! please..

---------------------------------------

Yesterday-
20 years ago
I got married!!

20surprises_logo.gif

Yep we hit our 20 year mark.
aaaaannnnnnnnd we did nothing
We were supposed to celebrate in Disney for the kids 16th and our 20th. DANG YOU COVID!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

unfortunately it also marks the date of my nephew's death. 3 years and my sister is a basket case.

a8b3ea478ef8ee3b0244b39b16de4cfc.gif

ok We are going back to our happy place..

tenor.gif

Mo, I just got back from vacation, and I am loving your Covid report! It really was strange going through the different emotional phases of quarantine. I saw it in myself and my family. Gabe is in hybrid school right now, and cannot wait to go back full time. Our county schools have been out way longer than the rest of the nation due to the horrible tornadoes that wrecked us a few weeks before COVID hit. So, it has been since the beginning March since we have had "normal". I fear for the upheaval in our nation after the election, and feel that any sense of normalcy will not come until next spring. Le Sigh.

Mo, I just got back from vacation, and I am loving your Covid report! It really was strange going through the different emotional phases of quarantine. I saw it in myself and my family. Gabe is in hybrid school right now, and cannot wait to go back full time. Our county schools have been out way longer than the rest of the nation due to the horrible tornadoes that wrecked us a few weeks before COVID hit. So, it has been since the beginning March since we have had "normal". I fear for the upheaval in our nation after the election, and feel that any sense of normalcy will not come until next spring. Le Sigh.

I agree with you wholeheartedly..
I pray for NORMAL all of humanity really needs it. Did the tornadoes hit you? are you good?

Hybrid.. i don't know after the stint we had to deal with in march the kids do HORRIBLY with on line learning.
I cannot be happier with them going. their grades are so so much better.. I hope Gabe gets to go back soon?

Now lets talk about your trip???
I wanna hear all about it with the pictures. Ya know a report of some sort? I wonder where you could do something like that??😉

source.gif

So Now Pooh sized yet getting this train on a roll The games were clearing the cob webs out of our heads

tenor.gif

Figment with his inspiration

We found a person who makes these boards-

Whatever you call them cornhole/boards/bags etc. We were OUTSIDE and playing!!

We were NOT good but we clearly had enough time to get better! We were out there every day.. EVERY SINGLE DAY.
and we are still not good.. HA!

we also started a little collection--

my favorite of course-

that's right.. Costco had the good stuff..

too much time on my hands and email coupons-I did go a little crazy with L.L. Bean Flip Flops

Amazon became my BFF every day was like Christmas!! Thinking back now i don't remember everything! I had a problem..
Joanne also delivered some good for:

Mask making at it's finest

Zack wanted to learn how to sew!
i only know how to make small things so we did it together.

He did a great job too!

I was trying to keep the minds going, still trying to do some good with the masks.
which turned my kitchen into-

i hot mess

Meghan was trying to shop herself to Florida but Murphy wasn't having it.

This was my day to day view-

BORING and drab!

Up next?

We play HOME improvement and Quarantine remorse

Need to get through this covid time stuff and get started on all the FUN FUTURE stuff!!!

Chapter Page
Next Chapter -
Home Improvement Croc LOVE

Last edited:
At least you finally found some things to do to occupy the more than enough time we all had during spring! I love that you guys were making masks, and playing bags together. That's a bit of fun at least!

YES! Can't wait to hear about the fun future stuff!!

Speaking of which, on Sunday, I booked Rob and I a 6 night Western Caribbean Disney Cruise for our 15th anniversary in June! I hope we actually get to go on it, but for now, I'm just super excited with something to count down to!

You have some really cute fabrics for your masks. I have a lot of cotton fabric because I used to make quilts, so I had no excuse not to make some masks for DH, our son and me. They turned out fine except that they are too warm. I used a cotton flannel fabric as a liner. They'll be nice when the temps go below zero, though. :)

Luckily, my sister started sewing masks for everyone she knew and her masks were better than mine, thank goodness. Then my husband was bored and started buying masks online. We now have at least 20 fabric masks per person of various styles and designs. On top of that he got a box of 50 disposable masks in pink, purple, green, yellow and black. Someday those masks will be a bad memory and hopefully never needed again in our lifetimes.

At least you finally found some things to do to occupy the more than enough time we all had during spring! I love that you guys were making masks, and playing bags together. That's a bit of fun at least!

YES! Can't wait to hear about the fun future stuff!!

Speaking of which, on Sunday, I booked Rob and I a 6 night Western Caribbean Disney Cruise for our 15th anniversary in June! I hope we actually get to go on it, but for now, I'm just super excited with something to count down to!

we did find some fun stuff! And i drank..
A LOT! HA HAH

Future stuff SOON as i can get through my remorse!

OMG HOW FUN!!! I don't think you will have a problem in June. Except your Mayor may not allow you back in the city.. HA HA HA HA HA

You have some really cute fabrics for your masks. I have a lot of cotton fabric because I used to make quilts, so I had no excuse not to make some masks for DH, our son and me. They turned out fine except that they are too warm. I used a cotton flannel fabric as a liner. They'll be nice when the temps go below zero, though. :)

Luckily, my sister started sewing masks for everyone she knew and her masks were better than mine, thank goodness. Then my husband was bored and started buying masks online. We now have at least 20 fabric masks per person of various styles and designs. On top of that he got a box of 50 disposable masks in pink, purple, green, yellow and black. Someday those masks will be a bad memory and hopefully never needed again in our lifetimes.

Thanks! When Meghan makes ears we have SO MUCH fabric Now i want to make backpacks,
Oh Yes the bears ones are flannel and wow are they HOT in the summer. We did use those out on the football field! it's cold out there!!!
HA! you sister made some too? Totally understand we have an abundance of masks. the ones we made the box disposable ones and now the cooling ones. because they are simple and the kids use them for sports so they don't fall over super thin.
I even made a few with dry wicking material I don't think it was virus protection,, But they were able to breath while working out! LOL
then there are the CUTEST disney ones which i HAD to buy.. well i am done-i refuse to buy anymore... REFUSE!

So far so good. here hope you are all OK?
My internet kept going out all week that's why there isn't any real updates yet..
the guy was just here and did something.. Hope it stays up and running!!!

About to get off work even if i am working from home. Pick up the peanut come home shower turn around and pick up boys from football practice making baked mostaccioli tomorrow is game day! Sectionals! WHOOP
I have to go into the office tomorrow.. So i will have more time to write!
tenor.gif

we did find some fun stuff! And i drank..
A LOT! HA HAH

Future stuff SOON as i can get through my remorse!

OMG HOW FUN!!! I don't think you will have a problem in June. Except your Mayor may not allow you back in the city.. HA HA HA HA HA
Oh, yes, we did our fair share of drinking at our house, too!! I mean...there was literally nothing else to do! :drinking1

Oh, yes, my mayor...she was on a roll yesterday, wasn't she?! If I can't come back home, I guess I'll have to stay on the Fantasy forever. Not a bad deal, honestly! :boat:

Oh, yes, we did our fair share of drinking at our house, too!! I mean...there was literally nothing else to do! :drinking1

Oh, yes, my mayor...she was on a roll yesterday, wasn't she?! If I can't come back home, I guess I'll have to stay on the Fantasy forever. Not a bad deal, honestly! :boat:

there really wasn't anything to do!! i learned to make a lot of drinks..

yep your mayor i can't even stand the sight of her.

SAIL AWAY!!!!!!!!!!

Home improvements- croc love!!!

I left you off with us being BORED out of our minds. playing bags i was staring at the front of our house. and it looks awful-
When we had the house fire they never fixed the porch and it was crumbling day by day - my cousin called it a death trap.

So---
We have the time -

the boys along with Tom's cousin built a new porch! It's HUGE!

I still need to paint it i just don't know what color?!?! I will take a picture of the front when i get home.. I also need a address plate..

working from home this was my co worker

who said i needed to shop on Disney.
so i did
got these little beauties

I have never had a pair of crocs! Always made fun out of them. but secretly wanted the flip flop ones..

Well i saw those beauties and POOF in the cart they went!
Before long they were waiting for me on my new front porch!
to break them in i went to the store to pick up some stuff for smores it was beautiful out and we had a bunch of stuff to burn from the front

check out the boys hair..

Hair cuts were needed by ALL except Tom- who of course is bald! LOL

Well let me tell you. I fell HEAD OVER HEELS in love with crocs. they are SO comfortable! Ugly and yes they make your feet look fat..

tenor.gif

but LOVE LOVE them! Comfortable! and you can have relax mode or sport mode!!!!!!!!

hb6aYwf.gif

Amazing.. Simply AMAZING!

well i couldn't keep this secret to myself!

the kids regardless what they SAY they were intrigued on the croc life i was living.

images

and the news came out Indiana was opening up.. Which meant the outlet store was opening.. You know what outlet store they have?!?!

You guess it!

CROC!!

you get crocs and you and even YOU!

tenor.gif

Yep Peanut got a pair
Crocs-Crocband-New-Girls-Sandals-girlss-Childrens-Clogs-Shoes-in-Purple-1.jpg

Zack got a pair-
1.jpg

Matt?
refused...

It was a tough break of my heart.. His thinking he has his own mind at 15 at the time. or his own style?!?!

Then again some cannot handle the Croc life.. there is a fine line.. between the making corcs look good and when the corc takes over.
Zack-- he was not so strong I am sad to say--

we lost Zack to the Croc Dad Life-

we think it was too much corc with the giblets or the jiglits? whatever it was too much..

so dad Zack mentions how i needed a new work chair.and Ikea would be out best bet.

and that is what we did.

Crocs on and we went to IKEA for a chair.

which ended up with this crappy table becuase one of their youtube people smashes them and i clearly needed one in my living room.

i can't fight the Croc Dad
maybe it was a good thing Matt was still Matt.
he built my new work chair-

All zack did was chitter chatter behind Matt telling him he should build it a different way Zack way not follow the directions
the dad jokes were out of control
I had to remove the Crocs.

replaced them with Vans
Vans-Slip-On-Checkerboard-Flame-Red-%26-White-Skate-Shoes-_299919.jpg

Continue tomorrow!!

Happy Monday and hope you all had a great weekend!

Chapter page
Next Chapter-
Home improvements - Living a Croc Life -Quarantine remorse

Last edited:
These are so cute! My first pair were this exact style, but in pink with a white strap. I fell in love, too!!

the dad jokes were out of control
I had to remove the Crocs.
This made me laugh probably way more than it should have LOL I love your kids and their sense of humor!!!

I thought I quoted the pic, but guess not. In any case, I love how your porch turned out!

Vans are better than Crocs because they look good. I can’t wear either kinds of shoes since I have narrow feet. I can only judge them. :)

These are so cute! My first pair were this exact style, but in pink with a white strap. I fell in love, too!!

Ohh i think i would like those more then the screaming yellow.. now that they are dirty they are a little easier on the eyes..

This made me laugh probably way more than it should have LOL I love your kids and their sense of humor!!!

Being able to tell a story about buying crocs become entertaining is a gift .. slowly getting my writing back. Helps the kids are all nuts.

I thought I quoted the pic, but guess not. In any case, I love how your porch turned out!

Thanks! they really worked hard and i love them being able to do this stuff.. they NEED to learn this! Life lessons!!!

Vans are better than Crocs because they look good. I can’t wear either kinds of shoes since I have narrow feet. I can only judge them. :)

HA HA HA HA HA HA!
they are a lot more decorative! both have Disney! but the vans are awful uncomfortable. Croc? yep comfort!

I'm here!

Thank you! I am going to need you VERY soon...

I want to get through all this craziness then on to the future stuff!!!

Home improvements - Living a Croc Life -Quarantine remorse

Let's just start with a picture of Murphy in a pirate hat.

Who wouldn't want to start a post with a dog in a pirate hat?
Matt's belly does NOT like long John Silver --remember him being very ill..

The Crocs still had a hold on Zack-

i don't remember the reason behind the balloon but i do remember this becoming a BFF to Zack.

Even Peanut had to help out the dad Zack

I have a new chair, Comfy Crocs still living in my PJ's making masks cooking and yet still staring at this

Inspiration hit once again...

So i told Peanut of the new plan---

Jessie oh high would ensure i would see this project through

in the car-

(did find a place that would cut the boys hair.. )

I would use Dad Zack as long as we still had him and started Home improvement part 2!

See zack helping?? or telling Matt how what and why...

This is a hole that Zack's heel of his foot made EONS ago..

I was informed they needed a union break

I checked this..
They don't have a union.. Going to confront them they brought out the dog thinking this would help their deceiving ways.. Nope i am STRONGER then their antics!!!

Once i got them back inside Matt thought if they started the diamond painting that would distract me!

It worked..

Honestly At this point we had had ENOUGH of Zack and dad jokes and telling us everything we are doing wrong UGH exhausting!

As you saw above we bought Zack a pair of vans-- to remove the hold i bought this--

This.. This broke the dark hold the crocs had on Zack!!!

We were able to move forward with painting!

Black you say???
Got yer thinkers thinking don't i...

Did i ever show you the stickers i made for my car??

distractions--

the dang stitch would keep breaking..

You would have thought I would clean the windows before taking pictures!

we ended the night with a beautiful sunset!

Chapter Page
Next chapter

Home Improvement Croc Live and Remorse part II

Last edited:
Home improvements - Living a Croc Life -Quarantine remorse II

the next days we worked harder and harder!

When Tom was home he would help

and here is the final product.

Coffee bar!

Pintrest is a DANGEROUS place when on quarantine and bored with your kitchen and missing Disney as much as we all were

the black was blackboard!

Ii present my Disney kitchen!!! there are Disney touches EVERYWHERE you look
see told you I would keep this all Disney related..
Now that i did it.. I have remorse.. It's cute it took forever-- But it's a bit much..

Chapter Page
Next Chapter!

Last edited:
Let's just start with a picture of Murphy in a pirate hat.

Awwwww!!

Matt's belly does NOT like long John Silver

Love me some Long John Silver but unfortunately there aren't any in my area anymore.

Once i got them back inside Matt thought if they started the diamond painting that would distract me!

I got a couple of those for Christmas last year but still haven't done them. I've been on a puzzle obsession this year.

Did i ever show you the stickers i made for my car??

Love them especially the Wonderful World one! I have Pluto on my car of course but I bought it off of either Ebay or Etsy. I have no talent for that kind of stuff.

and here is the final product.

Love it!

We did a quarantine home improvement project too!!! We redid our master suite. Since Brian and I were both working in there full time. Our bedroom is big enough for Brian to have his office set-up there, too. When I ended up working from home, we just set up a table in front of a window. So, we LIVED in that room and bathroom for months. The Amazon man WAS Santa for those months of renovation! The last of the project was hanging the bedroom curtains. Brian was SO OVER the whole thing, that we are just now hanging those curtains this weekend...and I have been back in the office since mid-August!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter