Every Mile is a Miracle

Hi! I didn't run at all last week. I am not even mad about it. I need to get a few miles in this week though before Thursday because I am getting some dental work done. I honestly don't know how long that will put me out for and I need to hit 800 miles for the year because I am so dang close to it.

I am also 2 movie reviews behind on my Star Wars journey. Hopefully I can catch up with those later today!

We took one last trip to Disneyland this weekend and gosh it is just so perfect at Christmas time. <3

Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

Okay, I am going to do my best with my thoughts on this because we have already watched two other movies after this one and I just haven’t had time to write my reviews.

Prior to watching this movie, my co-worker had told me that him and his wife coined one of the droids as “d*ck-bot” because he was kind of just unpleasant. I didn’t know who they were referring to but the second he got on screen, both my husband and I were like THERE HE IS! (It’s K-2SO if you are wondering.) And I actually really enjoyed him and was sad when he died.

Whoa the Death Star is like really big but why do we need something that can blow up planets, y’all? Also, how did they even build this floating “star” that is bigger than all the other planets they ever show? And who the heck funded it?? Materials aren’t cheap.

The Blind guy was pretty awesome. I don’t remember his name. But he had some funny lines, like when they put a bag over his head to take him captive – “Are you kidding me? I’m blind!” I kind of wanted to know more about his story and if he ever really was a Jedi.

Rogue One. And another name that just got made up out of thin air. I see a theme Star Wars, but at least I like this one.

I had a lot of questions about the final scene when the transmissions were sent off because I was telling Brad that they were sent to Admiral Raddus (which is not what I said, I said that green alien dude) but then they ended with with Leia and I was confused on how all that happened. But I guess they just sent the transmission to everyone?...

This movie was okay. Definitely sets you up for the OG Trilogy.

Booze Pairing:
Smooth Call by Bad Beat Brewing, which is an Oatmeal Stout aged in Whiskey Barrels. He tried to locate a beer by Rogue Brewing but couldn’t find one so just pulled this from the cellar. It was tasty.

jL0F-8Pjy3_t7thKIsRYW-5lEpXb5oBQFSZBibnacYijBU_ykZ0ehQxSCFc5quvnwsCOFSYGzCyTFwjfnHx3YZZo6aa-2hwl-VEpPAEzrnLzOsLPWP5c3A_FcxzUK8e8aFfKHtsx96Q=w750

Star Wars: A New Hope (Episode IV)

FINALLY on to the actual Star Wars movies! Y’all can watch Star Wars in whatever order you choose but I am very happy with how we have viewed them. I think it is important to the story to know the beginning first but I digress.

And we are back to the PowerPoint transitions that I missed oh so much from Solo & Rogue One.

I love R2D2. A lot. He is my second favorite character. Two things that he needs are Pew-Pews and hyper speed. Poor guy can’t defend himself and it super slow.

Oh yeah, and how can everyone understand R2D2???

Luke Skywalker acts just as childish as his freaking dad and he annoys me just as much as Anakin did.

Han shot first. Confirmed.

They did a great job re-creating the cantina at SWGE.

I feel like they are trying too hard to make Han and Leia happen. There really isn’t any spark between them. Han is just really aggressive. But ooooof to that Bro and Sis kiss. LOL.

I made @rteetz real angry when I was like “BUT WHERE DID OBI-WAN GOOOO?” I guess with the Force. Whatever that means. (I later find out what that means but at the time it as weird, okay?)

Imagine how Vader felt killing the guy who didn’t even have the balls to kill him in the first place. Just left him there without limbs and stuff. Big Yikes OWK.

Lots of pew pew scenes at the end and then BOOM. See ya later Death Star.

@croach asked me if I thought that Chewy deserved a medal. Hot take: Chewy is an annoying character so I didn’t even care that he didn’t get one.

Someone on Twitter had brought up the Jabba the Hutt scene and how he was a humanoid at first but then the scene was deleted from the OG trilogy and then added in later with CGI. It’s weird to clearly spot the CGI things they have added into these movies. I know they are old and technology has advanced so much, but I love the feel of them and think they should have just left them alone.

Booze Pairing:
Brad found a cocktail called a “Greedo Mojito”. I don’t know what was in it, but it was tasty.

2c554znsUUllWcUpf8LQJm-eJanHzaj4cIQKhchS2jTS0E-GiO9CW3ddCYZXemhuI5eQxh8tvpteBMp35NOVH-vZeoXg2fP3uqpPg6KukxjPr3LNspwP9GEtSrHOcJ-YFp4W-vLYICc=w500

Star Wars: A New Hope (Episode IV)

FINALLY on to the actual Star Wars movies! Y’all can watch Star Wars in whatever order you choose but I am very happy with how we have viewed them. I think it is important to the story to know the beginning first but I digress.

And we are back to the PowerPoint transitions that I missed oh so much from Solo & Rogue One.

I love R2D2. A lot. He is my second favorite character. Two things that he needs are Pew-Pews and hyper speed. Poor guy can’t defend himself and it super slow.

Oh yeah, and how can everyone understand R2D2???

Luke Skywalker acts just as childish as his freaking dad and he annoys me just as much as Anakin did.

Han shot first. Confirmed.

They did a great job re-creating the cantina at SWGE.

I feel like they are trying too hard to make Han and Leia happen. There really isn’t any spark between them. Han is just really aggressive. But ooooof to that Bro and Sis kiss. LOL.

I made @rteetz real angry when I was like “BUT WHERE DID OBI-WAN GOOOO?” I guess with the Force. Whatever that means. (I later find out what that means but at the time it as weird, okay?)

Imagine how Vader felt killing the guy who didn’t even have the balls to kill him in the first place. Just left him there without limbs and stuff. Big Yikes OWK.

Lots of pew pew scenes at the end and then BOOM. See ya later Death Star.

@croach asked me if I thought that Chewy deserved a medal. Hot take: Chewy is an annoying character so I didn’t even care that he didn’t get one.

Someone on Twitter had brought up the Jabba the Hutt scene and how he was a humanoid at first but then the scene was deleted from the OG trilogy and then added in later with CGI. It’s weird to clearly spot the CGI things they have added into these movies. I know they are old and technology has advanced so much, but I love the feel of them and think they should have just left them alone.

Booze Pairing:
Brad found a cocktail called a “Greedo Mojito”. I don’t know what was in it, but it was tasty.

2c554znsUUllWcUpf8LQJm-eJanHzaj4cIQKhchS2jTS0E-GiO9CW3ddCYZXemhuI5eQxh8tvpteBMp35NOVH-vZeoXg2fP3uqpPg6KukxjPr3LNspwP9GEtSrHOcJ-YFp4W-vLYICc=w500
Your hot take needs to die. Chewie is best.

Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back (Episode V)

Okay so the movies starts off with Luke running into Harrold from the Matterhorn. And then we get delivered one of Han Solo’s best lines.

tG1B88w.jpg

I have been to this planet they are on and I have flown under the AT-AT’s feet. Thanks Star Tours!

Let’s talk about Yoda. I had only met him briefly before and he was pretty normal. Didn’t really do or say much. Then we meet him again when Luke seeks out training to be a Jedi and WOW YODA IS WEIRD. But it was in that way that most characters like him are. When someone is looking for a specific kind of person in their mind and are given something unexpected. Or like when Simba meets Rafiki. Anyway, Yoda acted like a mix of Kermit the Frog and Grover (which makes a lot of sense because the guy who plays Yoda also did Grover in Sesame Street) and it was just weird to see.

Yoda should have never given that kid his cruiser back.

"That boy is our last hope"
"No... there is another..."

I hate that Luke calls Obi-Wan, “Ben”. So much. Stop it.

My heart saaaank when I saw that Lando set up Han and Leia. But later he redeemed himself so that’s good.

I got some continuity issues with the way that Han is put into the carbon-freezing chamber with his hands completely bound together but then when he comes back to his hands are up by his shoulders. I hate it. It’s annoying. And honestly it’s a thing I wouldn’t expect George Lucas to miss like that.

Ah the famous I love you, I know scene. Han is so dang cocky.

How about that Luke and Vader fight scene! My favorite part was after he was like “I am your father” Luke was like NOOOOOO. Then looked at him, looked down, and was like “Hang out with my dad? Nah would rather fall into this abyss, byeeeeeeeee.”

This was my favorite movie so far.

I love Han Solo. I need more Han Solo in my life.

Booze Pairing:
Location’s Wine Espana – This wine is soooo delicious. Go find yourself a bottle STAT. Obviously Brad picked it because of the E for the Empire.

IMG_4300.JPG

Going to attempt to recall my feelings of these movies even though it had been a while since I have watched them. I kind of feel bad not finishing what I started. These next ones might not be as funny. Sorry in advance.

Star Wars: Return of the Jedi Episode VI

Starting from the top! I always thought that the “Second Death Star” was just what the first Death Star looked like after being blown up. Clearly I know better now, but from the outside that’s what it looks like.

Jabba the Hutt is the worst. The fact that George Lucas was like “we need a sexy Leia in these movies” is the worst. I thought these movies were “for the kids”. Whatever, man.

I require a bar-cart R2-D2 and I am going to make one this summer with @rteetz at Disneyland.

After all this weird hype about Boba Fett and him getting away from Obi Wan, the way he dies is really weak.

I don’t think I could ever be a Jedi because I cannot bury my feelings about any dang thing. ALL THE FEELS ALL THE TIME.

Ewoks. Big yikes. Those little guys are creepy.

Okay so, if the point of the Jedi is to take down the Sith. And they keep continually getting into these lightsaber fights. What exactly is the point of these fights if it is not to kill the other person? Specifically in reference to this movie, Luke and Vader are fighting and Palpy is like “Kill your father and join me.” But couldn’t Luke just be like I’m killing both of y’all and taking down the Empire, bye. Why would Luke killing Vader automatically make him go to the Dark Side?

Anyway, super cool what Anakin does for his kid. That’s the Anakin I know and love. *sigh*

Also, I used to joke with my husband that whoever is Darth Vader without the helmet on is not Darth Vader because that’s James Earl Jones.

Speaking of Darth’s helmet, how does that get saved? Because they don’t show that.

And then it ends with an Ewok party in the trees and everything is happy. Awwwww.

Booze Pairing:
Cutwater’s Tiki Rum Mai Tai – because of the forest the Ewok’s live in.

Star Wars: The Force Awakens (Episode VII)

First things, first: I didn’t want to like Rey or BB-8. Like ever, at all.

But man, Poe really filled the void that Han Solo left. Hello!

And I don’t understand the appeal of Adam Driver. No thanks.

I finally know who the “Woman Stormtrooper” is who walks around Tomorrowland at Disneyland is. And she sucks. But I mean she is just doing her job, I guess.

How can everyone speak Droid!?

Another random name given to a character in Star Wars: Finn. But I actually like his name.

Incoming: Bill Weasley!

Awww Han and Chewie and the Millennium Falcon. The whole squad back together.

I think this was the point when I started liking BB-8 because he was cute and has some sass.

I vaguely remember having a feeling that Snoke was just Palpy without a hood on. But I guess they probably said his name out loud which dismissed that. But he does look like Voldemort a little bit. I also wanted to know more about who he was and where he came from.

One thing I hated about Rey was that she couldn’t fail at anything. Oh the Millennium Falcon is having problems? Not only can she fix it but she can finish Han Solo’s sentences???? Nah.

But seriously, how did Kylo Ren get Vader’s helmet?

I need to know the backstory of Han and Leia’s relationship. Is there a book I can read?

Anyway, I knew that Kylo killed his dad before I saw this movie. What a D move. RIP Han. <3

I think it’s a little impractical that Kylo would recognize Finn.

There is a lot that goes on in this movie. I know people said that it was basically A New Hope re-done, but I didn’t get that feeling until one of the last fight scenes when the X Wings were going through the Starkiller base. But really it was just that scene. It really left you wondering about Rey and who she is and why she is force sensitive. And then omg hi Mark Hamill….

Booze Pairing:
We choice to pair this with The Order because you know… the First Order and all that jazz.

Yea, the return of your Star Wars reviews! After you said that anything you said at DATW could not be held, I hoped that didn't mean your Star Wars reviews.
I kind of feel bad not finishing what I started.
"Show me again the power of the darkness. And I will finish what you started, Grandfather." Kylo Ren in The Force Awakens. I mean I had to quote that. I'm such a Star Wars nerd.
I require a bar-cart R2-D2 and I am going to make one this summer with @rteetz at Disneyland.
I seriously love how C-3PO asks him what he's doing and R2 straight up tells him that he's serving drinks. I built a droid with my nephew in August and it was great fun.
Okay so, if the point of the Jedi is to take down the Sith. And they keep continually getting into these lightsaber fights. What exactly is the point of these fights if it is not to kill the other person? Specifically in reference to this movie, Luke and Vader are fighting and Palpy is like “Kill your father and join me.” But couldn’t Luke just be like I’m killing both of y’all and taking down the Empire, bye. Why would Luke killing Vader automatically make him go to the Dark Side?
*Star Wars nerd alert here.* Luke killing Vader out of anger is what could drive him to the Dark Side. I think Return of the Jedi is a reverse mirror of sorts with Revenge of the Sith. Anakin and Luke face extremely similar choices in both movies and make different choices. Luke choosing not to give in to anger and hatred is what allowed him to save his father.
They touch on a variant of this idea at the end of The Rise of Skywalker
*End Star Wars nerd alert.*
Speaking of Darth’s helmet, how does that get saved? Because they don’t show that.
They have not shared that yet as far as I know.
I need to know the backstory of Han and Leia’s relationship. Is there a book I can read?
Not really. You already know the most relevant parts of their backstory from the original trilogy. There are some books set 2-3 years after Return of the Jedi that deal with Ben Solo being born, but I do not know if they go into Han and Leia's backstory at that time. We know they got married and were still married in The Force Awakens. It was Ben Solo turning to the dark side that essentially separated them.
First things, first: I didn’t want to like Rey or BB-8. Like ever, at all.
BB-8 was one of my favorite new characters before seeing the movie. Mostly because I didn't want any spoilers and they told us virtually nothing in the marketing so I liked the ball droid.
One thing I hated about Rey was that she couldn’t fail at anything. Oh the Millennium Falcon is having problems? Not only can she fix it but she can finish Han Solo’s sentences???? Nah.
*Star Wars nerd alert* There was a book set before The Force Awakens that explained that Rey already knew how to pilot a ship. As far as fixing things, she did spend years scavenging old Imperial equipment so it's not a stretch to think she would know how to repair things. *End Star Wars nerd alert* That said, the movie does not show her piloting a ship until the Falcon this so I can understand why some people have issues with that.

As a side note, Rey is actually one of my favorite Star Wars characters so I can get a bit defensive sometimes. Without getting into spoilers from The Rise of Skywalker, elements of Rey's entire story hit really close to home for me and that also reminds me of why I love Star Wars so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!