Everyone-CHECK YOUR FLIGHTS!!

With 10 of you, I would make some decisions on who has to be seated together. There is probabably no way that there are going to be 10 seats together. If I were you, I would concentrate on getting you and the small kids together and let everyone else fend for themselves!

Im really only concerned with the young kids and the baby in a car seat. I know there is know way my 7 & 4 year olds would fly without us right there. Im going to exchange my tickets tomorrow, so maybe they can reassure me then!

Shannon

Shannon,

The airlines tend to keep two types of seats back from pre-assignment: exit rows and special needs seating.

You cannot usually get the exit rows assigned over the phone but often can at the airport - either at checkin or at the ticket counter in advance - where they can physically see you meet the criteria. In your case with children you obviously will not meet the criteria so you end up waiting for them to assign those seats to someone else on the day and you get their old seats. The special needs seating can be kept back for varied reasons - disablement, babies, air marshals, etc.

You need to work out, as Carol suggested, the minimum acceptable seating groups and ask when you change the tickets for advice and guidance. I would recommend you checkin at least 2.5hrs in advance if you do not have seat assignments.

The airline try and seat each young child with an adult or older child but do not guarantee it. Some Orlando flights have so many families on them there are few other people to move around to accomodate other groups.

Remember the flights are just a means to an end and everything will be MAGIC when you arrive :-)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter