Everything Hurts & I Need A Bathroom! A First Timer's Guide to 2018's Disneyland (COMPLETE)

Dr Facillier is fun to see roaming around NOS! I don't tend to stop for him, but we usually just give a nod to each other!

It wasn't until later someone told me Disneyland still remains an alcohol free park much like MK was before BOG opened. I was sad, but now I'm on a mission this summer to get something a little harder at DCA.
Yeah, only alcohol at DL is at Club 33. I think if they changed that, there would be hell to pay with Disney purists! But plenty and plenty and plenty of options at DCA!

Great pics with Dr. Facilier! I'm sorry he cursed your meet with Tiana!

I'm so annoyed at myself for never stopping for a beignet in NOS! Looks amazing!

Oh, I'm so sad you didn't get to meet Tiana. I was living for that chapter. I will say... you're making me realize the importance of seeing those characters that are "musts" early in the trip so we can do it again later if we want. But I'm also living for RSR, so can't wait to hear about your next ride!

:hyper::hyper::hyper:

Very jealous of this meet.

It was A MEET. So happy I finally got to see him.

Dr Facillier is fun to see roaming around NOS! I don't tend to stop for him, but we usually just give a nod to each other!

Probably gonna be me when I'm there this summer. Like "Old friend on the other side, I see you" acknowledgement nod.

Yeah, only alcohol at DL is at Club 33. I think if they changed that, there would be hell to pay with Disney purists! But plenty and plenty and plenty of options at DCA!

MK used to be the same way until BOG where now you can get a wine menu and I believe champagne too. It's also expanded elsewhere in the park (not able to buy from carts though like Epcot). I think if DL did it, people wouldn't be that upset but I doubt they will since Walt probably wouldn't have wanted that and it's "HIS" park. But omg Imma need to really dig around DCA for some adult refreshment.

Great pics with Dr. Facilier! I'm sorry he cursed your meet with Tiana!

Thanks! I wasn't too upset on not meeting her. He made up for it since I'd been wanting to meet him forever. I'll see Tiana plenty this summer.

I'm so annoyed at myself for never stopping for a beignet in NOS! Looks amazing!

Yes, definitely do so next time! They are delightful.

Oh, I'm so sad you didn't get to meet Tiana. I was living for that chapter. I will say... you're making me realize the importance of seeing those characters that are "musts" early in the trip so we can do it again later if we want. But I'm also living for RSR, so can't wait to hear about your next ride!

It's all good, Dr. Facilier maybe up for it. And yeah, that definitely is a thing to think about, you'll definitely see how it benefited me a bit later on in this day. Oh and don't worry about RSR, you'll be able to get your life real soon with the chapter coming up. :thumbsup2

I’m so sad you didn’t meet Tiana, because if you meet Facilier, you must meet Tia!

I mean... do you? Either way, it was all good. I'll go visit my girl this summer.

And I’ll totally come see you if I come to DL!

YAAASSSS!!! Please do.

Radiator Springs To New York City And Somehow Still in California
January 12th, 2018

After realizing meeting Tiana was not in the cards for this trip, Kinzie & I quickly left to Disneyland to head back to DCA for our next FP. It was here I really realized how nice it was that the two parks are right next to each other. At Disney World, whenever I wanted to park hop, I always had to think about it in advanced since I either needed to take a bus or at the very least, allow for a thirty minute walk (if you don't know this walk, you have not truly park hopped) so this was so so cool for me. I could not stop gushing about it. I had to do it in spurts though as we rushed from one turnstile through another and straight on back towards the back of Radiator Springs. I scanned for both of us again and our rush to race was only stopped as we got to the merge point. We were really Lightning McQueen'ing to Lightning McQueen.

tumblr_nbyxop9tJ41rvhqlvo1_500.gif

I won't bore you with the rest of what was going on. I don't remember anything super interesting happening on this ride. We did end up in the back row, which was fine. This isn't one of those attractions where you needed to be in the front... or so we thought...

I know that Kinzie really did like this ride. She thought it was super fun. We ended up getting the opposite side of what I got the first time (can't remember if it was Ramone's or Luigi's), but as a result, we lost the race. :( THEN, to add insult to injury...

YOU CAN'T EVEN SEE OUR FACES!!!!

All that and I didn't get to meet my Mama Tiana. Whatevs, we were going to make up for it for sure though. I checked the Disneyland app and saw that we still could meet Spiderman surprisingly. He had a set or two left and he was the last Marvel character meeting that I hadn't met and he's MY FAVE. Part of it might be that both my British boy loves Tom Holland AND Andrew Garfield have played him, but I also remember he was the only superhero I liked as a kid. Again, my baby gay mind probably went places look at the boy in spandex... anyways, we couldn't not see him so here we were, back across the park around golden hour waiting to meet the elusive SpiderMan!

I was definitely feeling the weight of two days of park opening-to-close start to drag on me so I was doing whatever I can to stay awake. While we waited, Hollywoodland was really going off with all the jazz and charleston music so naturally what do I do? CHARLESTON. Spidey's meet is a bit over from where Cap's is so I had the room and just was going off. Kinzie filmed me, but I don't think I ever received the video so you'll just have to use your imagination to watch my gangly butt going off like Tiana on the bayou except we were in Hollywoodland... but also in NYC. Yeah, I know, confusing.

I believe we talked with one of the attendants over here, but I can't remember much of the conversation. I just know it was another nice CM interaction. Again, DISNEYLAND CAST MEMBERS ARE SO NICE OMG DO I ACTUALLY BELONG AMONG THEM?!

Anyways, eventually we were webbed up and brought over to our friendly neighborhood Spiderman...

Today was just the day of chill but weird M&Gs. SpiderMan literally just felt like a normal person. Look at how he acts when meeting people, just lounging against the Daily Bugle stand and talking to us about life. He was one of the only characters to really ask us about school and such. Kinzie & I both to school in NY which is where Spidey is from (He's NYC and we're more closer to the capital of Albany, but we're still NYers). We told him how we're both theater minors, which is how we became friends. Otherwise I'm the Business major and Kinzie's a psych major (which is what I originally wanted to be). Upon realizing Kinzie's far more interesting major, Spidey went into how we use Psychology to influence our acting by using repressed memories, which we know Spidey knows all about *coughUNCLEBENcough* He was surprisingly very interested and was going off on his own monologue. I could not believe what was happening and just couldn't stop dying over the whole conversation as you can tell by Photopass getting me in a very candid moment.

Eventually, we got a classic Spidey photo where he yelled out "repressed memories" and you can see my reaction in the second photo:

Lmao.

We said goodbye to Spidey and said we'd see him in NY. Kinzie & I then gave each other a look. Spidey was something else. The only negative I can say about him is he's padded like Alaska. I'd explain that, but I'll just let all my Drag Race fan readers to giggle in the shadows about that one.

tumblr_inline_no3kuu9GL31t80zdk_250.gif

Anyways, after Spidey, we felt we were due for a more savory treat. I still wasn't sure how my stomach was feeling about full meals after the day prior and Kinzie is just always careful so I decided to drag us on back over to Cars Land for some more Cozy Cone fare. Again, I'm not sure whether I had the Chili or the Mac N Cheese this round. Either way, it was good. I'm not sure what Kinzie got, but I believe she got a drink here. I believe we saw Mater out when we walked over, which Kinzie considered, but we ultimately decided not to bother with. After we finished our quick "dinners", we saw a party going on down the street. I heard them playing some old school 1D so I was like this down the road...

giphy.gif

They were going off to "What Makes You Beautiful" when we got there. It was LIT. Too bad I wasn't a child or I'd be up in the front row doing all the choreo they were teaching.

Click to watch!

And yet another reason why working in DCA would be a bomb gig.

As you can tell, the sun had finally set so it was officially night time which meant jackets on and the tiredness set in even more but we weren't stopping. Nuh-uh. There was still plenty to do and so much time. But you'll see things were starting to snap and my tolerance for... well, for lack of a better word, tomfoolery was running looooowwww so we'll see how that goes. Anyways, here's a pic of the gorgeous neon of Cars Land again (why not?)

We weren't really in a mood to jump back to Disneyland and there wasn't a lot left to do in DCA so we decided just to go back to Buena Vista Street and see what was up there. There's a huge gap in time between all my pics and this point. I'm not exactly sure what was happening because I can't remember for the life of me. Maybe another long bathroom break? Us being exhausted af? I don't know. But we were on Buena Vista Street at some point and caught the end of the Five & Dime performance, which had all these little youngins going off to. It was adorable to watch. Too bad we never ended up stopping to watch it earlier so we could watch Goofy go off to it too. Oh well, something for next time.

Click to watch!

We chilled around here for a little while. Ya know chilling out, relaxing, relaxing all cool, shooting some b-ball outside the school when a Daisy girl, looking up to no good, started making trouble in our neighborhood, I thought she was going out for a stroll but then she said, "Nah sis, let's sit and talk this time." So 'twas time to actually meet the Queen of the duckwalk, Miss Daisy!

Continued Here

Last edited:

tumblr_inline_oarroc8YuK1twjo91_500.gif
Seriously? They played 1D? And then you killed me by using a 1D gif? I'm this happy Louis jumping into Harry's arms gif. When I read about your impromptu Charleston, I thought "I'd totally do that" but I'd totally be dancing to 1D. I don't think you could stop me.

And now I shall be checking every superhero for padding. It took me months to understand that drag queens didn't naturally have better bodies than me.

How's college program prep going? I saw your show pics on Insta... my daughter's high school is doing Rumors next weekend. I think we're booked every weekend between now and our trip. It's just a crazy time of year!

I burst out laughing at repressed memories. Oops?

I mean, I did too. Oops.

And I got the padding ref! Yessssss - BE PROUD!

;)

Seriously? They played 1D? And then you killed me by using a 1D gif? I'm this happy Louis jumping into Harry's arms gif. When I read about your impromptu Charleston, I thought "I'd totally do that" but I'd totally be dancing to 1D. I don't think you could stop me.

Yet another way I will be able to track you down, I guess. Follow the 1D music and look for the one person doing the charleston to it lol

And now I shall be checking every superhero for padding. It took me months to understand that drag queens didn't naturally have better bodies than me.

Dear lord, I am really creating an army of Michelle Visages right now. Whoops.

How's college program prep going? I saw your show pics on Insta... my daughter's high school is doing Rumors next weekend. I think we're booked every weekend between now and our trip. It's just a crazy time of year!

STRESSFUL. I still need to book a hotel for my one night prior to moving in whilst going into yet ANOTHER tech week for a show I'm doing hair, make-up and sound for (yeah, got reeled into that one big time). It really is crazy. I wish this weather would get itself together and start actually being spring. I ABHOR THIS COLD.

LOL the Fresh Prince reference :rotfl2:

giphy.gif

"We've Got To Make It FIERCE, Daisy!"
January 12th, 2018

We hopped in line near immediately right behind this family that just happened to be in the spot where Daisy meets, which was where I met Minnie the day before. Minnie wasn't out so I guess her and Daisy do a switch-a-roo sometimes over there. Some part of me is remembering here that Daisy meeting this family was super cute and fun and got me back in the mood I needed to be to take on another good amount of time in the parks. Finally, it was our turn. I let Kinzie go first since she hadn't really met characters and omg I'm so glad I did because she was LIVING as was Daisy.

Talk about gagging on Daisy's eleganza extravaganza! I mean, Daisy is always serving a look. Her and Minnie would be the Drag Race finale we all do NOT deserve, let's be honest. The lip-sync, the runways, the final musical performance. Y'all... we don't deserve that. Especially after what we did to Shangela. Yeah nuh-uh nope.

Anyways, once Kinzie had finished telling Daisy a million times about how much she loved her shoes, it was my turn to meet my Queen, even though we had TECHNICALLY met the day before and strutted down Hollywoodland, we were actually able to take photos together this time.

It began with a hug per usual.

After the usual compliments, I asked her what we needed to do for the photo.

Daisy had to think for a moment then immediately went into sprucing us both up...

And then...

BAM!

Oh yeah, for sure, we made it FIERCE! Daisy always knows how to come in clutch for these photo shoots. I definitely was a bit confused at first, but it all worked out. I gave her one last goodbye hug and blew her a kiss adieu. Kinzie & I had other things on our minds to do. We had plenty of time for World of Color so why not hop on over back to Disneyland? I mean when you can actually do things like that, might as well so right on over to Disneyland, we went!

Once through the turnstiles, I realized I hadn't gotten a cute pic with the train station. The park was entering into more of a quiet hour in terms of the entrance so empty photos were easy to come by. Unfortunately Kinzie isn't the best photographer, but we make due and I mean... I guess it's kinda cute?

I was also really tired so smiles were even getting difficult. I know, crazy? I'm very self-conscious about my smile and it just gets worse when I'm tired especially when I'm borderline falling asleep, which was tonight. However, I neglected to mention we had made FPs for the Matterhorn tonight so hopefully that would wake me up. We had a little bit of time and I remembered we hadn't done the Submarine Voyage, which I had really wanted to see so we made a bee-line for Tomorrowland once off of the refurb wall street (Can you tell I'm still bitter about that?)

When we got to the Submarine Voyage, there was still about a twenty minute wait, which was a bit longer than what we would have liked for a standby, but we needed the break and we'd still make our Matterhorn FPs so we hopped on in. The line for this moves rather slow since loading takes SOOOOO LONG for the submarines. However, they load on a lot so you might not move for like ten minutes, but then move a ton in just one. I was updating my Instagram and snapchat and other things while Kinzie was still dealing with gf problems. Again, NOT GOING INTO DETAIL ON THIS, but that was what was going on. She also was showing me all the snaps she got of me being a weirdo around the parks (including the one of me Charleston'ing while waiting to meet Spidey).

Eventually, it was time to load to go down down down many fathoms below with Nemo and Friends. I was slightly nervous getting in thinking this might be a bit claustrophobic but it wasn't too bad. It does get a bit hot in there so probably won't be riding all that much this summer. The ride itself... Lowkey wishing they'd bring back the original version. It's still cool, but it's really kind of Disneyland's equivalent of The Seas with Nemo and Friends, just more obviously underwater. Idk I expected more considering how long it takes to load and the reasons why it got the boot at MK. But nah, it was meh. Not one I'll be visiting again anytime soon.

ScratchyThankfulDragonfly-size_restricted.gif

Once we got off, it was time for Matterhorn FPs so we headed over there for my fave!

EpZR6.gif

Thank goodness we got an FP because the line was probably the worst we'd seen it. That line is just terrifying when you see it make its way around the side of the outskirts of the mountain. Then, when you get to the FP line and it's backed up. Yikes. Luckily it's just again people not knowing how to scan their FPs. Kinzie & I were pros so we snuck in and got past those who were confused. Took a quick pic to commemorate another round chasing down an actually functional Yeti.

In line, I continued to try to match the accent of the safety spiel man. It's just such a fun accent and super entertaining. I also needed to be a true stan and know that spiel by heart by the end of the night (I did at the time, but now I forget. Hence why I need to go back!). Later on in our waiting, we got to cut the line because someone needed a party of time and well THAT BE US! We were bit in the back bobsled this time and switched spots so Kinzie could get a shoulder massage this time and not have to give someone else one.

Not much to say about Matterhorn other than that it is FABULOUS at night. Kinzie is under the impression it goes faster at night, which I know is not true, but I wasn't in the mood to argue so I let her think that. We had a blast and luckily didn't get wet at all this time. Bless.

Now, it was time to head back over to DCA again because WORLD OF COLOR!

Did I manage to make up for the mistakes I made last night in choosing our spot? Did Kinzie enjoy it? Did we make more friends? Did I buy anything? Does Ross end up with Rachel in the end? Who is Gossip Girl?

I'm sure you know some of those answers, but you'll have to wait a little bit longer to find out.

nofighting.gif

Continued Here

Last edited:
You and Daisy are look sassy and cute as ever! Glad it was a fun meet!

The subs are sooo slow loading, but it's definitely something you gotta do once.

Yasss at you and Daisy!

Also, I remember when Mickey and Goofy would climb the Matterhorn. Remember eating my massive jawbreaker while waiting in line and watching them climb.

You and Daisy are look sassy and cute as ever! Glad it was a fun meet!

Thank you! We try. And it really was, love Daisy!

The subs are sooo slow loading, but it's definitely something you gotta do once.

Yup and I've done it. Now more time to ride the Matterhorn a million times.

That is just jealousy-inducing stuff right there!!!

REALLY THO

This one is my FAV!!!! PS Love that shirt!!!!!

Such an awkward moment I'm sure lol And thank you, it's one of my faves. Francis Dominic exclusive. :teeth:

Perfection!!

Thank you! :goodvibes

Yasss at you and Daisy!

We slay. Thank you! :)

Also, I remember when Mickey and Goofy would climb the Matterhorn. Remember eating my massive jawbreaker while waiting in line and watching them climb.

UGH, I would cry forever if they did that again. The glory days of the Matterhorn *long sigh*

Oh, Daisy. She's such a girly girl. I love your poses together!

I'm hoping to give the whole Nemo thing a wide swing. 1. Not a fan of fish in any form. 2. Finding Nemo is my least favorite Pixar movie. I have an extravagant theory about how it's a parallel to special education students and their parents and it feels way too much like my job and way too little like entertainment.

Maybe if I do the Matterhorn at all, I'll do it at night. I don't like getting knocked around, but doing at night does seem like the way to go.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!