Everything Hurts & I Need A Bathroom! A First Timer's Guide to 2018's Disneyland (COMPLETE)

Oh, I want to cruise LA in a convertible. I mean... how quintessentially LA is that? Great start to the day and totally made my Monday happier to read about your adventure.

Aww, I was going to comment on how cute your new sunglasses were......then I sadly read the ending of your post about how they snapped on Guardians :( I hope you made time to stop and get them replaced!

Spoiler alert, I did and before I could take another picture so it was like I never broke them in the first place. :teeth:

Look at your cruising through LA in a convertible..no big deal!

Seriously living our best lives!

Cars Land is SO bae :lovestruc

SOOOOO BAAAEEEE

I was gonna say how cute your sunglasses were...BOO to them breaking :(

I got them replaced though. It'll soon be like I never broke them in the first place.

Your Guardians ride photo is hilarious!

I give credit to Kinzie for that.

Oh, I want to cruise LA in a convertible. I mean... how quintessentially LA is that? Great start to the day and totally made my Monday happier to read about your adventure.

Seriously. Unfortunately, in the evening, the experience was kinda marred a bit, but I'm getting ahead of myself. It was SOOOOOO COOL in the morning. Too bad Kinzie wasn't in the mood to put the top down, that would've been FUN.

I got upset about your sunglasses, but I think, as @missjackiemcg said above, winnnnn!

87566e92eb686f85249e6f69b5463b60021438ac_hq.gif

Why Can't Princess Fairytale Hall Have Waits Like This?
January 12th, 2018

We left off making our way out of DCA. I'm sure there was a bathroom stop here. I definitely had not cured myself of a puppy bladder here. Nothing eventful about the walk over or walking into Disneyland. Of course, I once stared daggers at the refurb walls that were everywhere. We were on a mission and didn't have time to listen to me rant forever about the fact that the refurb walls were ruining my vacation and I demanded a refund. I had a pair of broken sunglasses and needed a new pair so we headed into Disneyland's Emporium (which, sorry, has nothing on Magic Kingdom's).

Socially awkward/anxious me initially went to looking through the merch for... who knows what? Eventually Kinzie was getting impatient with socially weird me and told me to just ask. I asked the closest cast member and she immediately asked for my receipt. I normally don't keep receipts as they just take up space in my pocket or wallet or wherever they end up before I toss them in the trash. Kinzie had given me crap earlier for throwing away the receipt and now I was regretting it. Luckily, CMs are helpful af and she lead us to the register where finally of the four CMs and the two guests that were around, my angel Liane took the broken sunglasses off my hands and got me a new pair. I thanked her profusely then immediately took to Twitter to write her a cast compliment.

We went on our way and after glaring at yet ANOTHER refurb wall around *whispers* the partner statue *end whisper*, we saw the simple beauty that is Sleeping Beauty Castle!

In that moment, I then realized that I had yet to go visit any other princesses other than Poca. That needed to be fixed. Luckily, I immediately peeked the Royal Hall on the left side of the castle so we headed over there.

This ended up being a good choice as there was NO LINE for the Royal Hall. Aladdin & Jasmine were out next to the Hall, but we could not pass up such a short wait. To put in perspective for my fellow WDW natives: When does Fairytale Hall ever not have a wait?

I rest my case.

We got held up outside as they had just let a family in and princesses need little breaks too. While waiting, we struck up a conversation with the character host out front. I don't remember too much about the entire conversation but I know we were quizzing Kinzie on the various Disney horses. I knew all of them, but stayed quiet. It really made our short wait go by fast. A part of me almost wanted to have a wait to watch Kinzie struggle to remember the names of Rapunzel's horse (which had me baffled that she didn't know yet she knew the name of the horse from Brave? (I think Brave is overrated if you weren't aware)). We were let in however and immediately as we walked into the hall, I was greeted with a familiar face. It was the character host I met at Pluto the day before! I believe his name was Michael... maybe? He recognized me before I fully recognized me. He was so sweet and told us that his home is the Royal Hall. Wow, this royal visit was starting off great.

Snow White was the first princess we met!

She was so sweet. She immediately noticed my button and asked how I was liking it. I don't remember many specifics, but I just know she was an absolute sweetheart and just so warm. I think we talked about my prior CM life too. I don't know I just can always rely on Snow for quality hospitality. Kinzie had not met princesses in a long time and loved Snow! She didn't know what to do, but she caught on how to talk with characters real quick.

If you hadn't noticed, I forego'd my iPhone to just letting Photopass get all the pics. Normally I'd have the barcode open and hand it to the photographer before meeting the character. However in the next room, this was a bit different so I just ensured I always had my phone ready for scanning when meeting characters.

Next princess was Ariel, my favorite little merms!

Kinzie obviously did not get this pose memo.

Ariel was nice. I'm not going to say it was a bad visit, she just wasn't as bubbly and fun as she normally is especially on legs. Even in her fins, she's a bit more fun. She asked about where I was visiting from and such. Kinzie and her held most of the conversation. Maybe she just had a long swim that day like I did?

Before we left, I had to get a video for my friend Frank. He was sick and he's probably Ariel's biggest fan (you think your her biggest fan... you're not compared to Frank). It would be remiss to not get her to say hi to him so I asked Ariel for a quick vid. Photopass also immediately got on a behind-the-video pic:

We bid the guppy girl goodbye and went on to the next princess who was...

Cinderella!

I generally have low expectations when meeting Cindy, but she was a delight. We talked about how I used to work by her castle and the differences between the two parks (Cindy visits both often so she would know). I also think our photos with Cindy came out the best.

Overall, we had a supremely magical visit with the princesses. Lowkey was sad that someone like Tiana or Belle in her ball gown weren't in there, but is all good. Cindy, Snow and Ariel were lovely. Queens and princesses are just such a good mix.

giphy.gif

Back out in Fantasy Faire, Al & Jas had gone so we had no reason to stay. Back to the Castle, we went!

We checked for times on the attractions near us and realized that we were able to make another FP. Our RSR FP was so far out, we could get another FP in beforehand! Kinzie had yet to do Indiana Jones so we decided to snag one for that. We had still quite a bit of time before that FP, it actually was only a little while before the RSR FP so we had plenty of time to do other things.

We saw Fairy Godmother was out so we went to her. However, we ran into another snooty family who as soon as we got in line said to me, "You know this is a line." I was caught off guard and although part of me wanted to give a snarky response, I picked my battles and moved back. Kinzie grabbed me after and said, "It's not worth it, that was rude." We walked away and I saw Mr. Toad's Wild Ride. I hadn't done it yet! We hopped in line no questions asked.

The line for Mr. Toad's was wonky. The chains were REALLY close together. We had to basically walk through the queue single file, which was a bit uncomfortable at first, but the wait wasn't long so we went through it rather quick. However, we did stop long enough for a selfie with the J. Thaddeus Toad.

Not long after, we were loaded onto the ride.

I had relatively high expectations for this ride since SOOOOOO MANY were so upset about it's closure way back when at Magic Kingdom and well... Kinzie & I were confused. There was no Mr. Toad the entire ride through and it was just a mess of things. It was weird. Kinda cute, I guess. Mostly weird. I appreciated it for what it was as a classic attraction... but wut? Wut even?

After we got off, I remembered that we needed to see Mickey & the Magical Map that day! We ran over to go check the times when I saw the Small World Wall. I wasn't too happy about my Small World Wall pics the day (because I'm critical) before and I also wanted more clear pics of my tee for the day so we went right to re-doing those.

Eh, I think the ones from the day before were better. Oh well?

We checked the times and saw there was one coming up right before our Indiana Jones FP so we decided that was our best bet.

After confirming that with Kinzie, as if on cue, the Small World clock show began. I hadn't been able to get a video of it from our first day in the parks so I went to recording as did Kinzie.

Click to watch!

Isn't it the cutest little thing? Small World at Disneyland really has got it going on. WDW, step your game up sis!

ANYWAYS, Kinzie was demanding we go ride the teacups so we went over there. There was a bit of line, but not too long to be concerning. While we waited, I said to Kinzie normally at WDW the pink teacups are the ones that spin faster so we should try to nab one of those since it might be the same deal. I also decided to get a nice teacup boomerang watching the tea not be spilled (unfortunately).

Click to watch!

Apparently when we were about to be put in loading, another person complimented me on my shirt but I was too off in my own world to notice. Once again everyone really was loving my choice of outfit.

When we got on the ride and got situated, Kinzie told me to turn around. Lo-and-behold, it was Gaston, just strolling on through Fantasyland! I tried to say hi but he was upset about something else and exclaimed, "People actually drink out of this?!" It was hysterical, made our day. Finally, it was time to spin! I mostly took over on this and Kinzie just laid back which she ended up discovering was a bad choice since the g-forces really push you back. We were still giggling like five year olds the whole ride and had a blast. Total re-boost in magic, those teacups are!

When we got off, we still had a bit of time. I said we should try to get to Mickey & the Magical Map as early as possible, but we didn't want to wait too too long. The clock show was going on again at Small World and we were much more poised to watch it from the front so we decided to do that. Kinzie ended up helping a couple get a photo in front of Small World while I filmed the whole show from where it is supposed to be watched. Hope you don't mind two clock show vids in one update hehe

Click to watch!

We still had plenty of time though so Kinzie suggested we go on the Storybook Land Canal Boats. The line said 15 minutes so we thought we had plenty of time. Long story short, we were wrong. As we inched towards the front, we realized we only had so much time left until the time we wanted to be at Mickey & the Magical Map. Eventually, we decided to do the crazy thing and get out of line. Crazy because the line for Storybook Land Canal Boats queue does not have an easy way out once you get to a certain point and it's tight so we have to scooch out. After a million "excuse me"s, we finally escaped and ran off across Fantasyland to Mickey & the Magical Map.

Did we get over in time to get a good seat? Was it worth skipping out on the Canal Boats?

You'll have to wait and see...

Continued Here

Last edited:

I don’t blame you for getting out of line at Canal. Haven’t got time for that.

Maybe Ariel,was feeling under the weather? Under the bubbles?

Gaston!
swoon.gif

I hope you made it to the show because I so badly want to hear your opinion. Y'all crack me up with your getting in line and then getting out. I'm such a anxiety filled mess I doubt I would even get in a line that might push the limit. My husband would never let me leave a line. He hates having attention called to him and that would be the line he draws in the sand.

I want you to know I had a terrible, no good, very bad afternoon including literally being called in the principal's office and this chapter made everything in me feel settled again. You have a way of telling a really good story.

Well, you'll just have to make a list and check them all off this summer!

Oh I sure will, no list required tbh I know my faves well enough lol

I don’t blame you for getting out of line at Canal. Haven’t got time for that.

Maybe Ariel,was feeling under the weather? Under the bubbles?

Gaston!
swoon.gif

Mickey's and the Magical Map calls, we must answer!

Under the bubbles... sounds about right.

And same @ the gif in reaction to Gaston hehe

I hope you made it to the show because I so badly want to hear your opinion. Y'all crack me up with your getting in line and then getting out. I'm such a anxiety filled mess I doubt I would even get in a line that might push the limit. My husband would never let me leave a line. He hates having attention called to him and that would be the line he draws in the sand.

I want you to know I had a terrible, no good, very bad afternoon including literally being called in the principal's office and this chapter made everything in me feel settled again. You have a way of telling a really good story.

Oh I was so feeling antsy about having to get out of line especially for the Canal boats. It's such a tight queue and would be AWFUL have to scootch out, which it was, but we did it and it was worth it as you'll find out soon enough.

Awww, I'm sorry to hear that. I'm glad my little stories helped perk your day up a bit. Hope the days since haven't been as bad. :thumbsup2

The Map Will Never Be Complete As Long As There Is Imagination Left In The World :') Part I
January 12th, 2018

We sped walk from the Canal Boats all the way over to the Fantasyland Theater. Thank goodness we did! We did make it well before the show started but a crowd had already formed so it was good we got out of the Canal Boats line. Initially, the mob was just huddled around strollers and such then they finally put up a rope and we were led up to the top of the theater.

Waiting at the rope, we still had 15 minutes left to go. Kinzie and I were discussing where we should sit. Looking at the theater and having seen clips of the show prior to coming, I knew center front was our best bet. Of course, Kinzie, being the mega extrovert to my exhausted introverted ways, had to ask a cast member. This is how we met Cat.

Poor poor Cat who was just standing there making sure that everyone stayed behind the rope got called up by Kinzie to ask where we should sit. Little did she know what she was in for. We ended up carrying on a conversation with her. I ended up bonding with her over understanding the struggle of being a cast member at a Disney park during the holidays (it's the one entirely universal cast member bonding experience). She also offered us stickers. I ended up getting a Pocahontas sticker, a Tiana sticker and a Eugene & Punzie sticker. She was just loading us up. She did confirm my assessment that we should try to get front and center, but also that anywhere for this show in this theater is prime. We talked more with her about her role, how long she's been with the company, how she likes it, etc. etc. right up until they finally had to let us in and the running of the bulls began.

man-injured-in-running-of-the-bulls-despite-writing-guide-to-running-of-the-bulls.gif

Except in this running, we were all running towards something while also trying not to get trampled. Kinzie & I both have leg problems that make running difficult but we managed to get the perfect seats, dead center, up front. We unfortunately weren't in the front front but we were close enough and very much CENTER, as you can see:

I situated myself with my DSLR, took a quick photo for my Instagram story and soon enough the journey to imagination was beginning...

FYI: Bucket boy = My husband.

The men's outfits are ON. POINT.

Oh look, my other husband showed up!

Continued Here

The Map Will Never Be Complete As Long As There Is Imagination Left In The World :') Part II
January 12th, 2018

My favorite Blue alien. *heart eye emoji*

Oh hi hubs! WERK.

*cue tears*

*cue sobbing*

Formerly my Facebook cover photo.

Awww, I love this show. It's so cute and fun and cool with awesome use of the stage and not as represented characters. Kinzie was in tears during the princess section when Mulan walked out. I mean, YAS LIVE VOCALS. I enjoyed it very much. Especially since we had such good seats and at the end got attacked by the confetti cannons lol Before we could leave, our new friend Cat ran up to us and said, "Wasn't it amazing?" We told her how much we loved it and she was just so happy about it. Honestly, our best cast member encounter yet. I made sure to write her a compliment on Twitter. As far as I know, my compliments only got liked by the account so I hope she saw it. She really was lovely.

When we left, we realized it was almost time for our Indy FP, but we had time to run over to meet Tiana. She only had a few more sets so it would be a good idea. After discussing it with Kinzie, we decided we would wait until after since again FastPass means we pass the line FAST. We'll catch her later so off to Adventureland we went to go find some ancient idol with Indy! Nothing could wrong with that, right?

giphy-61.gif

I'm sorry, what were we talking about again?

Oh yes, Indy. *sigh*

I'm going to skip through the usual stuff since we had no interesting stories. The spike trap still wasn't working. HOWEVER the professor in the well was oddly enough. Again, probably just turned it off for that day... hopefully. I forgot to mention also that right before we were about to go over it said the ride was down... then it was up! It was weird. Just like Space Mountain the other day, which I should've taken as a bad bad sign honestly. Not like we could've re-scheduled though.

All was well on the ride until we got to one of the darker portions and our vehicle just stopped. It stopped. The soundtrack started repeating, the vehicle started jerking around. Then the soundtrack stopped we were there for so long. Kinzie started freaking out right as we started moving again. Then we stopped again, right around the tunnel where they blast us with the darts and it was downhill from there right up until the part where the big boulder drops on us because IT DIDN'T. We saw Indy, a flash and then the ride was over after the drop. I was disappointed, more on behalf of Kinzie, even though, as you know, I'm not a super huge fan of this ride (I prefer DINOSAUR). It was just... ugh, that left a sour taste in my mouth on that attraction.

We were in need of something to mellow that out. Change our luck ya know. We still had some time before Tiana's last set, but a certain friend on the other side was apparently out and about soon so it was off to New Orlean's Square!

Continued Here

Last edited:
You got some great seats and your photos came out great! Love that show :lovestruc

Ugh, sorry Indy had so many technical difficulties while you were on it.

You got some great seats and your photos came out great! Love that show :lovestruc

Thank you! It really was fantastic. So excited to see it again this summer!

Ugh, sorry Indy had so many technical difficulties while you were on it.

Yeah, but I'm sure it was just one bum ride. Hopefully when I go back, not as many technical issues.

Everything sounds such fun. I have GOT to see that show. Right now would be great.

Everything was! And yes you do, it's FABULOUS.

Because of you, I’m legit looking at DL trips right now.

YAAAASSSSS!!! Come visit this summer lol :teeth:

My Gift To You Is NOT Being/Seeing Tiana
January 12th, 2018

Timmy & Kinzie is our names. New Orleans Square is our game because we got deals to be making with a very mysterious man. Being mysterious however makes him difficult to find. He likes to roam in and out of the shadows so we had our work cut out. Luckily, NOS isn't too too big so there weren't too many places for him to hide. Unfortunately, he was hiding well because we could not find him for the life of us. Kinzie even stopped at one of the hostess stations to ask if they saw him. They apparently hadn't seen him all day. We were near the Mint Julep bar which was on my bucket list so we thought about doing that, but I was hoping to hit up Dr. Facilier and Tiana before I left so this was the only time to catch him.

Our luck was in our favor because as we rounded the central NOS circle, there he was! Just chilling talking with some dad about whatever. We near booked it over to him, which was pointless since he was still talking to the dad for another minute or so. Then he walked away and it was my turn for one of the most interesting conversations ever.

I'll just post pics first because you'll get an idea of what went down.

Obviously, I'm not good at making deals with the devil. He really was not having it with me. From the get-go, he immediately assumed we wanted something. I could've just asked for a photo, but instead I asked for money. Why not? That's what he wants. But then he be like "Y'all got jobs?" It just got messier and sassier from there. I don't think I've ever in my life not been able to handle sass like that. It was pitiful, but the Shadow man was not on my wave length. Oh, but it was exactly as you'd expect a meet from him would be.

Eventually, we did get a nice photo, which I think looked cute. I mean, he's one of the few characters that I match in height and skinny so this was a quality photo for sure.

We said gooodbye and he told us, "My gift to you today is not being Tiana!" Little did I know what a curse those words would be...

After that, we had some time before Tiana would be out for her last set so we decided to go get our Mint Julep and Mickey Beignets on. Kinzie really wasn't that hungry so she decided that she'd just have one or two off of me which was fine. I probably wouldn't have them all anyways. I was super excited because I was under the unfortunate impression that Mint Julep's were the one alcoholic drink in Disneyland. I was so ready for this trip to be the one where I had an adult beverage in a Disney park. As I went up to order, they didn't ask me for my ID, which was very "...Oh?" Then, after I had gotten my order and sat down with Kinzie, I took a sip and realized... no booze? Well, I guessed that explained it. It wasn't until later someone told me Disneyland still remains an alcohol free park much like MK was before BOG opened. I was sad, but now I'm on a mission this summer to get something a little harder at DCA.

Oh and btw, here's the delectableness we were chowing down on...

Kinzie was laughing at me because I was getting powdered sugar all over me and y'all know powdered sugar... it don't come off easy. I werked it though, did my best to clean my messy butt and soon enough we were off again. Tiana was not going to be out for awhile, but we were edging it close to our FP for Radiator Springs so we decided to go hangout by the Riverboat as long as we could.

Well, we waited...

and waited...

and waited...

No Tiana.

Where was she?

There she is...

And she's going on the Riverboat.

tumblr_lsdbj5X9w71r0ojhto1_250.gif

Apparently, we are no longer friends. Whatevs. I'll be back soon and schedule the proper time to meet her or something. I don't know I'm bitter. Lowkey sad about it, but bitter.

Well, it was time to go on back to Radiator Springs for race day! KINZIE'S FIRST RACE DAY. No time to mope or be shady. It was time to DRIVE.

Continued Here

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter