Everything i read states i am too young

Pp have a point but two things have changed one I take lyft to the doctor on my own more often than not when its time to secdual a doctor's appointment my mom ask what my secdual is for that reason two I am more open about my disability then i was 15 years ago

But reading the post and thinking about conversations dh and i have had irl he and i are very protective of each other

Start drinking cranberry juice and lots of water. Go to the dr so you can get rid of it. Some times you can mistake a uti, for a yeast infection. And yeast is painful as well. I am actually detoxing from a yeast infection for having it for 2 years. I had a uti when I was pregnant with my son. I was surprised I did not get meds for it. But this was in 1980. Even then they did not give full epidurals then. But that is another story. But you are in my prayers for it.

Without going into it too much, OP has very openly posted for years that both her and her husband have capability challenges. It’s the reason her mother is so involved in her life, and the reason I think she and her husband have huge misunderstandings. Posters that haven’t been around long probably don’t know the backstory. I don’t think he’s sinister.

No, I’m aware of the issues involved. I still think it’s crappy that her husband knew something was off for two weeks and didn’t bring it up.

Don’t beat yourself up about not noticing symptoms. Life gets in the way, and unfortunately as women we are really quick to dismiss small signals.

I don’t think your husband was trying to be mean, he just noticed changes and my guess is that he thought you did too.

Hope you’re feeling better. UTI’s are no fun. :flower3:

Start drinking cranberry juice and lots of water. Go to the dr so you can get rid of it. Some times you can mistake a uti, for a yeast infection. And yeast is painful as well. I am actually detoxing from a yeast infection for having it for 2 years. I had a uti when I was pregnant with my son. I was surprised I did not get meds for it. But this was in 1980. Even then they did not give full epidurals then. But that is another story. But you are in my prayers for it.
Thank you and they did a test at the doctors office and according to the test its a uti and i live off of water except when i am nauseated then i sip on coke till i am no longer nauseated then back to water

Thank you and they did a test at the doctors office and according to the test its a uti and i live off of water except when i am nauseated then i sip on coke till i am no longer nauseated then back to water
Oh Tink I would stay away from the soda, drink tea for the nausea. I drink a cup of it every day. I use stevia. Sugar could fuel all sorts of things. I am going through the die off of candida.

No i am to young not to notice the symptoms of a uti for two weeks

MANY people go way longer not knowing what is happening then feel the same way once they find out. How could we not know? It happens to many of us - even with repeat issues. Then we beat ourselves up. YOU ARE NOT ALONE, so take it in stride and maybe if it happens again it will click sooner.

Just a thought ... how about you keep a journal. When you get a diagnosis make notes of all the symptoms your body has when this occurs. Then in a different section, keep track of your symptoms like on a calendar. It may be you will see a pattern and can address it sooner than later. It also helps your doctor when you go in to know how many days XXX was happening. That's always the question where I scratch my head.

Tink, you’re blaming yourself for no reason. Pain on urination is the first symptom most people notice with a uti. Not nausea. There’s really no way you could have known you had a uti until you felt that discomfort in the bathroom. Even women who get frequent utis and are really, really familiar with the symptoms probably wouldn’t have guessed. And I doubt very much that you had a uti for two weeks before you felt any discomfort.

You yourself said that you get nausea when you’re anxious, and nausea’s not a really common symptom of a uti. You’re probably queasy now because you’re so stressed out about the infection.

You haven’t done anything wrong, so don’t beat yourself up. Just rest and drink plenty of water. The antibiotic will knock that infection out. :)

Tink, you’re blaming yourself for no reason. Pain on urination is the first symptom most people notice with a uti. Not nausea. There’s really no way you could have known you had a uti until you felt that discomfort in the bathroom. Even women who get frequent utis and are really, really familiar with the symptoms probably wouldn’t have guessed. And I doubt very much that you had a uti for two weeks before you felt any discomfort.

You yourself said that you get nausea when you’re anxious, and nausea’s not a really common symptom of a uti. You’re probably queasy now because you’re so stressed out about the infection.

You haven’t done anything wrong, so don’t beat yourself up. Just rest and drink plenty of water. The antibiotic will knock that infection out. :)

slightly o/t but I apparently always have a uti and don’t know it. I have monthly blood and urine work done and it always shows up that I have an infection. I have ZERO symptoms. I don’t have pain, frequency, nothing. I take cranberry pills on the advice of my dr but I don’t know why lol

Tink, no one is too young or too old or too anything to miss symptoms. You know now and that’s the important part. I like the journal idea.

I had 2 UTIs pretty much back to back, Went for the follow up appointment with my doctor for something else and did the urine re-test and I had another one. We know it was a different one only because the bacteria was different in the 2 samples. I had zero symptoms of either one. Just happened to go in for a routine visit and found the first one and then a follow up and another one. My doctor kept looking at me and saying I looked fine and certainly did not have any symptoms as I sat there and said no symptoms. Also learned from that experience I am allergic to the main medication prescribed for UTIs ---- apparently that is rare. Thankfully it was cleared up by the time I went for the second follow up as I would have probably ended up with a referral to another doctor if it did not clear up.

I had 2 UTIs pretty much back to back, Went for the follow up appointment with my doctor for something else and did the urine re-test and I had another one. We know it was a different one only because the bacteria was different in the 2 samples. I had zero symptoms of either one. Just happened to go in for a routine visit and found the first one and then a follow up and another one. My doctor kept looking at me and saying I looked fine and certainly did not have any symptoms as I sat there and said no symptoms. Also learned from that experience I am allergic to the main medication prescribed for UTIs ---- apparently that is rare. Thankfully it was cleared up by the time I went for the second follow up as I would have probably ended up with a referral to another doctor if it did not clear up.

Get a home test and test yourself monthly that is what my mom suggested I do there is no way i can figure it out but if a uti goes untreated for too long it gets into your blood and it can kill you i have lost my great grandmother abd grandmother due to that

So if at a young age i have stopped feeling symptoms i would pay a arm and leg for the home uti test if thats what it takes to spare my life

Get a home test and test yourself monthly that is what my mom suggested I do there is no way i can figure it out but if a uti goes untreated for too long it gets into your blood and it can kill you i have lost my great grandmother abd grandmother due to that

So if at a young age i have stopped feeling symptoms i would pay a arm and leg for the home uti test if thats what it takes to spare my life

This was several years ago and no issues since. Honestly not sure why I had the problems a few years ago. My doctor was kind of puzzled as well.

Tink, if I remember correctly you recently had strep throat. If you were on an antibiotic for any length of time that could have contributed to it. It has happened to me many times. Also make sure you are wearing loose breathable clothes at the gym if you get frequent infections.I hope you feel better soon.

Tink, if I remember correctly you recently had strep throat. If you were on an antibiotic for any length of time that could have contributed to it. It has happened to me many times. Also make sure you are wearing loose breathable clothes at the gym if you get frequent infections.I hope you feel better soon.
Weird that you said that the nausa started with strep and comes in waves but i dont think i am sick i have so much energy even though I only got 4hrs of slero last night my first and only thought was to ho on with my routine

Kinda still nauseated off and on but that has to be my anxiety i am just asking my self why does my doctor need blood wotk it was less then three months ago she went over my blood work it wss perfect and i have not changed anything my weight might be higher because I am lifting more

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter