Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Agreed with FoxC63, if you can afford it, buy now. We have no way of knowing if / when there may be a price increase. One thing we can be pretty confident of, there won't be a price decrease! If you buy now, you certainly won't miss out on getting a better deal, and it is possible that you might save some money.

Agreed with FoxC63, if you can afford it, buy now. We have no way of knowing if / when there may be a price increase. One thing we can be pretty confident of, there won't be a price decrease! If you buy now, you certainly won't miss out on getting a better deal, and it is possible that you might save some money.
Thanks! I just purchased it since it is a must for us and I don’t want to wake up one morning to an unwanted surprise! We had over 800 photos during our august 2016 trip. It was a great value for us with the ride photos and videos, the magic shots, the photos at some of the character meals, the meet and greets , and just simply getting all six of us in the photo!

I have a question about sharing. I will be the owner of MM. I am linked with my friend. We made sure we checked the photo pass sharing. Will I be able to see any of the pictures his family scans with their magic band or will I only be able to see the stuff he scans with his band since we are the only ones linked?

I have a question about sharing. I will be the owner of MM. I am linked with my friend. We made sure we checked the photo pass sharing. Will I be able to see any of the pictures his family scans with their magic band or will I only be able to see the stuff he scans with his band since we are the only ones linked?
You will only see his photos. In order to see photos from his family, each family member will have to be added to your friends and family list, with the photo pass sharing box checked.

We purchased MM for the first time to use on our 5 day trip last week. I'm very happy we did as we got so many good pictures of all of us!

I did have to contact PhotoPass support a couple of times for a few pictures that were missing. They got back to me very quickly and found most of what I was missing. There are still a couple of magic shot pictures that I thought we had taken that didn't show up and they haven't been able to locate them based on the details I provided. I may be remembering wrong about when and where they were taken or they said the equipment may have malfunctioned. Overall they were very helpful though.

Two of our magic shots turned out to have the wrong magic in them (I had asked for some specifically). They were able to apply the correct magic after the fact on both of them. Also, on one of the ride photos from Dinosaur, the "frame" they put around it covered most of my husbands face with leaves. I asked if they could adjust it so we could see his face and they did! It's such a good picture of all of us now!

I just wanted to share my experiences in hopes that it will help someone else.

We purchased MM for the first time to use on our 5 day trip last week. I'm very happy we did as we got so many good pictures of all of us!

I did have to contact PhotoPass support a couple of times for a few pictures that were missing. They got back to me very quickly and found most of what I was missing. There are still a couple of magic shot pictures that I thought we had taken that didn't show up and they haven't been able to locate them based on the details I provided. I may be remembering wrong about when and where they were taken or they said the equipment may have malfunctioned. Overall they were very helpful though.

Two of our magic shots turned out to have the wrong magic in them (I had asked for some specifically). They were able to apply the correct magic after the fact on both of them. Also, on one of the ride photos from Dinosaur, the "frame" they put around it covered most of my husbands face with leaves. I asked if they could adjust it so we could see his face and they did! It's such a good picture of all of us now!

I just wanted to share my experiences in hopes that it will help someone else.
So happy to hear that you had such a good experience with Memory Maker. I take a lot of pictures for our family, and have a pretty good camera, but I can't get family pictures with me in them. That is the main reason I buy Memory Maker pretty much every trip, just so that there are family pictures that include me. Over the years, we have gotten some amazing pictures thanks to Memory Maker!

I can't remember if I purchased memory maker or not when I booked my package. Is there a way to tell when looking at the app or website?

I can't remember if I purchased memory maker or not when I booked my package. Is there a way to tell when looking at the app or website?
You *should* be able to see the entitlement in your MDE, or on the website under my tickets and reservations. However, I personally have had mine not show up there. If you are uncertain, then I would say give Disney a call, and have them check for you to make sure.

I have a question for people who have used MM a lot in recent years. This was our third trip with MM. This year, all ride photos seem to come with the ride frame by default, whereas in previous years we had the "bare" photo, and could add borders, stickers etc. when editing. Is there any way at all to remove the frame or have the photo without it? I've looked on the MyDisneyPhoto site when viewing or editing the pictures, but it looks like we're stuck with the frame whether we want it or not. Did I miss something?

I have a question for people who have used MM a lot in recent years. This was our third trip with MM. This year, all ride photos seem to come with the ride frame by default, whereas in previous years we had the "bare" photo, and could add borders, stickers etc. when editing. Is there any way at all to remove the frame or have the photo without it? I've looked on the MyDisneyPhoto site when viewing or editing the pictures, but it looks like we're stuck with the frame whether we want it or not. Did I miss something?

The last Memory Maker photos I have are from August 2017. The only on ride photo I have with a frame on it is Pirates of the Caribbean. I guess things have changed since then. You might be able to get those frames removed by contacting PhotoPass Support, either by phone at (407) 560-4300, or via the website: https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/contact-us

The last Memory Maker photos I have are from August 2017. The only on ride photo I have with a frame on it is Pirates of the Caribbean. I guess things have changed since then. You might be able to get those frames removed by contacting PhotoPass Support, either by phone at (407) 560-4300, or via the website: https://mydisneyphotopass.disney.go.com/help-and-support/contact-us
Thank you. I contacted them, and this is the answer I received, if anyone else is wondering:

"We provide unique borders on our attraction photos that are now auto-applied at the time the photo is taken and we are unable to remove them from your photo. We do apologize for any frustrations this may cause."

Thank you. I contacted them, and this is the answer I received, if anyone else is wondering:

"We provide unique borders on our attraction photos that are now auto-applied at the time the photo is taken and we are unable to remove them from your photo. We do apologize for any frustrations this may cause."
Interesting, that they can't remove it. They were able to modify it at least on one of my ride photos. The border of fake leaves partially covered my husband's face on the Dinosaur ride photo and when I asked if there was anything they could do, they fixed it so the border was further away and allowed more of the photo to show. It seems crazy that they can't provide them both ways, with and without the border. This is the reply they sent me
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience. We were able to successfully correct the issue with the border on your Dinosaur photo. You should be able to log into your Disney PhotoPass® account and view your updated photo.
But I guess that must be different than completely removing the border?

Aside from upgrading to a higher level AP, is there a way to add MM to my AP? I wish that I could pay a one time fee to add MM, but that does not appear to be an option.

Aside from upgrading to a higher level AP, is there a way to add MM to my AP? I wish that I could pay a one time fee to add MM, but that does not appear to be an option.
No, the only way to "add Memory Maker" to your AP is to upgrade to an AP which includes it.

So I asked Disney and was told that photopass starts at the water parks over Memorial Day weekend. So far, I’m not seeing photographers on the map at the parks. Do they normally show up on the app at the water parks?

This, I honestly have NO idea about, but I'm sure someone else will pop in with an answer for you.

I'm trying to clarify something, if anyone can help. :) I am definitely interested in purchasing Memory Maker for our next trip.

Will my memory maker account be linked to only my magic band (since I am the one buying it) or to the rest of the bands in my party (husband and 2 kids) work to link photos to the account as well? In other words, will I have to be present for photos of the other members of my family to be attached to my account?

If I skip a ride, but my husband and kids go on the ride, will we get their ride photo on my memory maker account? Or if we split up, will we see pics taken of both small groups or just the small group that includes me?

If we all go on a ride, but are in two different vehicles, will there be photos from both vehicles on my MM account, or just the vehicle I was in?

I love the idea of not lugging a camera with me, personally (my kids will likely use their phones for pics). I've been to WDW and taken tons of pics before, so this time I am okay with getting far less photos, but I did like the idea of getting group pics of us and ride pics. But if the memory maker is only linked to my MB and will only capture my rides, it's just a bit less useful to me than I was hoping.

If I bought a one day photo pass for our MK day and that night we also attend the MK after hours that goes till 1am will the after hours photos be included?

I'm trying to clarify something, if anyone can help. :) I am definitely interested in purchasing Memory Maker for our next trip.

Will my memory maker account be linked to only my magic band (since I am the one buying it) or to the rest of the bands in my party (husband and 2 kids) work to link photos to the account as well? In other words, will I have to be present for photos of the other members of my family to be attached to my account?

If I skip a ride, but my husband and kids go on the ride, will we get their ride photo on my memory maker account? Or if we split up, will we see pics taken of both small groups or just the small group that includes me?

If we all go on a ride, but are in two different vehicles, will there be photos from both vehicles on my MM account, or just the vehicle I was in?

I love the idea of not lugging a camera with me, personally (my kids will likely use their phones for pics). I've been to WDW and taken tons of pics before, so this time I am okay with getting far less photos, but I did like the idea of getting group pics of us and ride pics. But if the memory maker is only linked to my MB and will only capture my rides, it's just a bit less useful to me than I was hoping.
If all of them are on your account, all their magic bands will pick up the pictures too. We typically ended up with 5 copies of the on-ride photos/videos. One for each of us, I guess. And then sometimes one more copy of the picture when one of us tapped the picture at the end of the ride just in case!

As long as you are all linked in My Disney Experience, and have checked the box for sharing PhotoPass Photos, then all of their photos, with or without you, will appear in your MDE, where you can edit them, and download them as you please.

If I bought a one day photo pass for our MK day and that night we also attend the MK after hours that goes till 1am will the after hours photos be included?

Everything up until the last park closes for the day, should be included.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!