Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Is memory maker worth it if you are traveling solo
In my opinion, YES!! Otherwise you are taking selfies of everything. If you don't do a lot of character greetings I might say no. You can always hand your camera, or phone, to the photopass photographer and they will take a picture for you. But if you want ride pictures, magic shots and good character pictures, I say yes. You might want to consider upgrading your park ticket to an annual pass that has the memory maker included. If you are paying for a multi-day ticket plus memory maker you might get a better deal, and discounts, with an AP especially if you plan to do another trip within the same calendar year.

I would say that depends on whether you want photos of yourself, and whether you are ok with asking random people to take photos for you. The entire reason why I get memory maker is so that we will have family photos with me in them.

I purchased the memory maker. Can I add any of my pictures from my personal camera? I would like to add a frame to a few.

4 maybe 5 years ago you could, these frames were very limited in how they could be used and unfortunately this is no longer an option. However when downloading your photos taken from your camera or phone into your personal computer you can add certain images to create your own magic shot via word perfect or power point or what have you. Images can be found by googling them and viewing under "images" on your computer.

For example:
upload_2018-6-10_19-0-9.png

Now with an image of Mickey Mouse...
upload_2018-6-10_19-1-59.png

Note, not any and all images work. It's finding the right ones that can be applied without a white cast or halo. Hope this helps! :flower3:

Can we go to the photopass studios that the BBB uses without going to boutique? I’d like to get a coach picture at DS.

Can we go to the photopass studios that the BBB uses without going to boutique? I’d like to get a coach picture at DS.

Yes you can. It's located by Ghirardelli’s Chocolate in Disney Springs, in the Co-Op building as shown below...
upload_2018-6-11_15-56-0.png
To have photos taken, you go to the PhotoPass Studio in Disney Springs, and tell them you have the Memory Maker and you want the studio pictures taken that go with it. You then get to choose your background.

There are view stations available so you can preview your photos and you can purchase prints of the photos right there, if desired. Your photos taken at the PhotoPass Studio are included in the Memory Maker and are linked to your MyDisneyExperience account.

Just walked away from character spot and we forgot to scan for Mickey....how can we get these shots or are we able to??

contact the photopass support team HERE and give them as much information as you can, including number of people, best physical descriptions you can, including clothing / colors, time and location photo was taken, how many photos are missing (best guess) etc. The more information you can provide, the better the odds that they will connect you with your missing photos. If you can include a photo of your family from that same day, it will greatly increase the odds of them finding your missing photos.

contact the photopass support team HERE and give them as much information as you can, including number of people, best physical descriptions you can, including clothing / colors, time and location photo was taken, how many photos are missing (best guess) etc. The more information you can provide, the better the odds that they will connect you with your missing photos. If you can include a photo of your family from that same day, it will greatly increase the odds of them finding your missing photos.

I heartily concur! The PhotoPass folks have found many photos for me, amazingly quickly!

I seem to be stuck. We had Memory Maker last week and I can see our photos on the app. How do I view them on the computer too? In MDE I've picked "My Photos" and it says there are zero. I'd rather download to my computer than to my phone, so want to look at them there. I'm just not sure how to link them so I can see them. thanks.

You should be able to view your photos with or without Memory Maker. Memory Maker only enables you to download them. When you go to the Disney website from your computer, are you logging in? Are you certain that you are logging into the same account that your phone is logged into? That is the only thing I can readily think of that would prevent you from seeing the photos from your computer.

If you have enabled your friends to see photos then do you only need to purchase one memory maker package?

Does any one have any information on the Military promotion offered for the Memory Maker? I know from purchasing it in the past you have to buy it at guest relations to receive the discounted price. My questions comes from the dates it shows that the discount is being offered. Do the black out dates apply to the memory maker offer? The offer shows a ending date of Dec 19 to use the military tickets, wondering if that applies to the $98 memory maker as well.

Does any one have any information on the Military promotion offered for the Memory Maker? I know from purchasing it in the past you have to buy it at guest relations to receive the discounted price. My questions comes from the dates it shows that the discount is being offered. Do the black out dates apply to the memory maker offer? The offer shows a ending date of Dec 19 to use the military tickets, wondering if that applies to the $98 memory maker as well.
Unfortunately, I have no idea. Might I ask that if / when you find an answer, please stop back here and share with us so that information will be available to others.

If you have enabled your friends to see photos then do you only need to purchase one memory maker package?
Yes, and no. That is the right idea, but it is a bit more involved than that. Everyone in your travel party needs to connect via friends and family, and enable Photopass Photo sharing with whomever holds the Memory Maker entitlement. That person will see, and be able to download, photos from anyone who has connected to them. So, if YOU have the Memory Maker, then it doesn't matter whether you share photos with anyone, what matters is that they all share photos with you so you can see them.

Unfortunately, I have no idea. Might I ask that if / when you find an answer, please stop back here and share with us so that information will be available to others.
Yes, I sure will.

Can you confirm for me that if my friend who I will be traveling with has purchased the memory maker and linked it to her Disney Exp acct that I will be able to add photos to it ( traveling at same time, yet she arrives 2 days earlier and I will be staying 2 days longer) and I will be able to customize and download on my own. Or will I have to have her do the customization since its in her acct? All 15 people traveling as long as they are all linked to her Disney exp can add photos correct?

Yes, here are a few links to help you get started including FB!

Military Disney Tips: http://www.militarydisneytips.com/My-Magic-Plus/Disney’s-PhotoPass-and-Memory-Maker.html

Military Disney Tips FB: https://www.facebook.com/MIlitaryDisneyTips/posts/10155137313110407

This site is an amazing resource for our military heroes and offers an excellent insight to all things Disney is offering to our service men and women. I hope you find this site useful.

EDIT: Here's WDW link too though it is very basic but gets to the point.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/military-multi-day-tickets/

Yes, and no. That is the right idea, but it is a bit more involved than that. Everyone in your travel party needs to connect via friends and family, and enable Photopass Photo sharing with whomever holds the Memory Maker entitlement. That person will see, and be able to download, photos from anyone who has connected to them. So, if YOU have the Memory Maker, then it doesn't matter whether you share photos with anyone, what matters is that they all share photos with you so you can see them.
thanks!

You should be able to view your photos with or without Memory Maker. Memory Maker only enables you to download them. When you go to the Disney website from your computer, are you logging in? Are you certain that you are logging into the same account that your phone is logged into? That is the only thing I can readily think of that would prevent you from seeing the photos from your computer.

I was logged in. I ended up switching to Internet Explorer and it worked fine. It doesn't like Firefox, I guess.

Yes, I sure will.

Can you confirm for me that if my friend who I will be traveling with has purchased the memory maker and linked it to her Disney Exp acct that I will be able to add photos to it ( traveling at same time, yet she arrives 2 days earlier and I will be staying 2 days longer) and I will be able to customize and download on my own. Or will I have to have her do the customization since its in her acct? All 15 people traveling as long as they are all linked to her Disney exp can add photos correct?

As long as you have connected to her via Family and Friends, and checked the box for sharing My Disney Photopass Photos with her (look in family and friends list, click update next to her name to check / change settings) she will be able to see all of the photos you have taken, and will be able to download them.

However, she will not be able to download any photos that you edit from YOUR My Disney Experience account. Either she will need to do the editing for you, or she will need to let you log into her My Disney Experience account to do your editing.

The same applies for the balance of the 15 people travelling with you, all have to connect, and be certain that the box for My Disney Photopass Photos is checked for her, and she will be able to download all of their photos.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter