Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

sorry as I'm sure this has been answered many times, but we now have an AP - is there an easy way to just download the photos from our most recent trip?

I have a friend visiting MK next week for one day and wants to purchase the One Day Memory Maker. The info she was given said she cannot do it in advance but will have the opportunity to purchase it in the app after her first photo pass photo is taken. Can someone tell me specifically where in the app she needs to look to purchase MM? Will it appear under the "My Photos" section of the app? She is worried she'll miss the opportunity to buy or have to spend park time trying to figure it out.

According to the Disney Parks Blog once you have linked at least one photopass photo for the day you plan on purchasing the one day Memory Maker, it will be available to you in the app.

Once you have had a photo taken, open the My Disney Experience app. Scroll down to the My Photos section, and click on any photo there, which will bring you to a list view of all your PhotoPass photos. Click on one of the images from the day you want to purchase Memory Maker One Day for. When the photo loads, you should see a link at the bottom that says Buy My Photos. Click that link, and that will take you to a menu where you can purchase the single day of photos.

You should also be able to purchase the Memory Maker One Day at any theme park ticket window, or Disney Photopass Center.

sorry as I'm sure this has been answered many times, but we now have an AP - is there an easy way to just download the photos from our most recent trip?
The only way would be to delete all of the photos from previous trips, and then make a full download set which would then only include the photos from your most recent trip. That, however, would then permanently remove all of your older photos from the system, so you would not be able to edit, or download them again.

I have an AP, which includes MM. When we come down next month (!!!!), will the other members of my family who are attached to my reservation be able to scan their MBs for our pictures or does it just have to be me?

I have an AP, which includes MM. When we come down next month (!!!!), will the other members of my family who are attached to my reservation be able to scan their MBs for our pictures or does it just have to be me?
You can get the photos for everyone in your travel party. If they each have their own MDE account, you need to connect to them via Friends and Family. If you manage their accounts on MDE yourself, then there is nothing more you need to do.

You can get the photos for everyone in your travel party. If they each have their own MDE account, you need to connect to them via Friends and Family. If you manage their accounts on MDE yourself, then there is nothing more you need to do.
So when a CM takes our picture, can someone in my party other than myself have their magicband scanned?

Question I want to see if it can be resolved here: I just purchased the one day memory maker package. Can it only be redeemed on the app just like it can only be purchased on the app? Asking because I’m on my computer now and while it says I ordered it it doesn’t give me the option to download the photos

So when a CM takes our picture, can someone in my party other than myself have their magicband scanned?

If all of the members in your party are connected to you in My Disney Experience via the Friends and Family, OR if they don't have their own profiles, and simply are names that you manage, then any of them can have their Magic Bands scanned. If they have their own My Disney Experience profiles (using their own email / password to log in) and you are not connected in Friends and Family, then you will need to make sure to scan your Magic Band.

Question I want to see if it can be resolved here: I just purchased the one day memory maker package. Can it only be redeemed on the app just like it can only be purchased on the app? Asking because I’m on my computer now and while it says I ordered it it doesn’t give me the option to download the photos

You can download from a computer, and that is advisable since the files can be pretty big. If I recall correctly (it has been a year since I've used Memory Maker) you log into your My Disney Experience account, go to your photos, then click on a photo to bring up the options. Click on download, and you should then see a Memory Maker activation notification. Click download again, and then you should see a new button on the photos and videos page called Download Photos.

You can download from a computer, and that is advisable since the files can be pretty big. If I recall correctly (it has been a year since I've used Memory Maker) you log into your My Disney Experience account, go to your photos, then click on a photo to bring up the options. Click on download, and you should then see a Memory Maker activation notification. Click download again, and then you should see a new button on the photos and videos page called Download Photos.
It’s actually there now, just had to be patient with it. Ended up taking 80 some odd photos that day. Still kind of pricey but for one person that kind of helps my reasoning why memory maker is worth it

Without Memory Maker, there would be no family photos with me in them, hence I always get it.

Without Memory Maker, there would be no family photos with me in them, hence I always get it.
You can use the photo pass photographers; both with their camera and with yours, even if you don’t purchase MM. you can always purchase the individual photos. It’s only the volume that makes MM worthwhile. If you’d purchase more than 12 photos, you’re better off with MM.

You can use the photo pass photographers; both with their camera and with yours, even if you don’t purchase MM. you can always purchase the individual photos. It’s only the volume that makes MM worthwhile. If you’d purchase more than 12 photos, you’re better off with MM.

I like my response better! :P

When we go, we spend 10 days in the parks, and a full day at Disney Springs (well, to be honest, sometimes it is two half days). With a family of 5, that is plenty of opportunity for photos, plus bunches of ride photos. More than enough to make it worth it to me. As for having the Photopass Photographers use my camera, I don't do that for two reasons. Reason number one is no one outside of my immediate family handles my camera. If something bad happens to it, we are going to be responsible for that ourselves. I spent a fair deal of money on it, and like to be responsible for it. Reason number two (and I'll preface this by saying this is just my own feeling, NOT something I would ever dream of impressing upon others) is that I feel as though, unless I am buying the product, I really don't want to take advantage of the PhotoPass people to take my photos for me. They are there to do a job, and if I take up their time taking my personal photos, that takes away time they could be spending taking photos for folks that are paying for the photos.

I fully understand that practice is 100% allowable, and I encourage anyone who wants to take advantage of that to go ahead and do so. I even suggest it on a regular basis, I just prefer not to do so myself.

I like my response better! :P

And, of course, the family photographs ALWAYS look better when I am in them!

Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked before. I purchased memory maker months ago in anticipation of our August family trip. I did not book it with our package, but separately shortly after. I recently got the opportunity to have a quick wdw visit with my friend next week (!), but now I’m concerned if any ride photos or whatnot get taken, it will activate my memory maker and then I won’t have it for our August trip. Am I wrong to worry about this? Is there a way to specify that mm is for a specific trip if you have more than one booked?

Hi all. Sorry if this has been asked before. I purchased memory maker months ago in anticipation of our August family trip. I did not book it with our package, but separately shortly after. I recently got the opportunity to have a quick wdw visit with my friend next week (!), but now I’m concerned if any ride photos or whatnot get taken, it will activate my memory maker and then I won’t have it for our August trip. Am I wrong to worry about this? Is there a way to specify that mm is for a specific trip if you have more than one booked?

I'm glad you stopped by to ask, and I can help for sure. You will have no problem with your Memory Maker. You can have photos taken next week with your friend, and then have photos taken during your trip in August, and you will be able to download all of them with your Memory Maker.

There are some time limits involved. If you give me the dates you will be in the parks for both trips (I don't need to know about travel time etc. just the first and last days you will be in the parks and might have pictures taken) I will then tell you exactly when those limits are, but for sure you can fit both trips into one Memory Maker.

I'm glad you stopped by to ask, and I can help for sure. You will have no problem with your Memory Maker. You can have photos taken next week with your friend, and then have photos taken during your trip in August, and you will be able to download all of them with your Memory Maker.

There are some time limits involved. If you give me the dates you will be in the parks for both trips (I don't need to know about travel time etc. just the first and last days you will be in the parks and might have pictures taken) I will then tell you exactly when those limits are, but for sure you can fit both trips into one Memory Maker.
Thank you so much! I am in the parks July 25 and 26, then there with my family August 18-22. Does that fit within the window for using one MM? Thanks again!

First photos taken on July 25, they won't expire until September 8th. Your last photos will be taken August 22nd, so you would have 17 days after your second trip to do your editing, and download your photos to get everything.

You could also edit, and download the photos from your first trip after it is over. Even if you download on the 27th of July, you would still have 30 days, until the 26th of August, that you would be able to have more photos taken, so that would still cover your second trip fine, and you will be able to continue downloading photos up until the 6th of October, when the last of your pictures expire, and are deleted from the servers.

Enjoy!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!