Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Once again, great thread! I have MM and am pretty clear on how to use it, and i know I should edit and download the photos once I get home. My question is about viewing photos in the App while I'm in the park. I know I will see them -- if I want to download a couple to my phone in order to text or share on social media, can I do that? And if I do, will the photos still be in my account do that I can download them to my computer when I get home?

Once again, great thread! I have MM and am pretty clear on how to use it, and i know I should edit and download the photos once I get home. My question is about viewing photos in the App while I'm in the park. I know I will see them -- if I want to download a couple to my phone in order to text or share on social media, can I do that? And if I do, will the photos still be in my account do that I can download them to my computer when I get home?

Photos stay in your account until you delete them or they expire (45 days after being taken). So downloading them to your phone won't delete them from your account.

However, I'm not sure whether downloading them to your phone starts the countdown on the 30 days you're allowed to download them all (I have an AP so I'm not concerned about the 30-day limit). Hopefully someone with knowledge will resolve that question, so that if you're on a tight schedule (have two trips close together and want to use MM for both) you'll know.

You can download individual photos to your phone during your trip for sharing. The photos will still be in your account, can still be edited when you get home, and will still be included when you choose to "download all" later on.

When you make your first download, it does indeed start a 30 day countdown, HOWEVER . .. that is 30 days you have left to ADD photos to the Memory Maker. You will be able to continue downloading until your last photos expire. As long as your trip is over less than 30 days after you download your first photo, you will be fine.

You can download individual photos to your phone during your trip for sharing. The photos will still be in your account, can still be edited when you get home, and will still be included when you choose to "download all" later on.

When you make your first download, it does indeed start a 30 day countdown, HOWEVER . .. that is 30 days you have left to ADD photos to the Memory Maker. You will be able to continue downloading until your last photos expire. As long as your trip is over less than 30 days after you download your first photo, you will be fine.

Perfect! Thank you!

I have a question.

When I log onto My Disney Experience, I only see memory maker under my wife's name, not mine or my 2 kids? I tried adding the confirmation number to my name with no luck.

Is it only added to one person in the group or do I have to call tech support and have it added to my self and kids?

Thanks!

I have a question.

When I log onto My Disney Experience, I only see memory maker under my wife's name, not mine or my 2 kids? I tried adding the confirmation number to my name with no luck.

Is it only added to one person in the group or do I have to call tech support and have it added to my self and kids?

Thanks!
One person in the group will "manage" the memory maker. That person will see it in their My Disney Experience account. As long as all of the other people in the family are either connected through Friends and Family, OR their profiles are managed by your wife, then all of their photos will be included in the Memory Maker.

I am trying to download my photos, but when I try to open the zip, I get a message that the file or directory doesn't exist. I guess its a good possibility that I do not have enough memory on my computer to download them, but I don't see an option to send them to a flash drive. Does anyone have any suggestions?

One more question. It says the downloads are only available for 7 days, but I should still have a couple of weeks left. Will I just be able to download them again if I need to?

One more question. It says the downloads are only available for 7 days, but I should still have a couple of weeks left. Will I just be able to download them again if I need to?
Each photo is available to download for 45 days from the day it was taken, so if you were in Disney World for 2 full weeks, you may indeed have 3 weeks before the photos from your LAST day expire, but the photos from your FIRST day would be expiring in just 7 days, and since they are part of your full download set, that would be why you only have 7 days left to download them.

When you try to open the zip file, are you right clicking on it, and choosing to extract? You can right click on the .zip file, and choose properties, then look at the file size, and compare it to the file size shown in the downloads section of PhotoPass to see if they are the same size. It might be that the file didn't download properly, in which case, you might see a significant size difference between what is on your computer, and what is shown on PhotoPass.

Is there a trick to purchasing Memory Maker? I've been trying all day and I can't get it loaded into my cart on the WDW website. Is it down? Is there some other link to purchase MM that actually works?

I am not surprised that there are issues using the WDW website. From the main website, I went to My Disney Experience, then under Photography, I clicked on My Photos. On the new page, I clicked on Products, and then Memory Maker Advance Purchase, and then clicked on Buy Now, and then Add to cart, and then Check Out. That brought me to the page where you pay. I backed out there, as I don't really want to purchase it. I assume if I was able to get that far, it would have let me finish the purchase.

If that doesn't work for you, perhaps clear your browser cache, and / or history, or try from a different browser (I did this in Chrome) or try calling Disney (407) 939 5277 and making the purchase over the phone.

Sorry if this has been answered before....

If we have a Memory Maker Pass associated with our Magic Bands and the My Disney Experience App on our phones will we see our pictures on the app immediately? Nearly immediately?

Thanks!

Sorry if this has been answered before....

If we have a Memory Maker Pass associated with our Magic Bands and the My Disney Experience App on our phones will we see our pictures on the app immediately? Nearly immediately?

Thanks!
No need to apologize, the whole reason for this thread is to answer questions for people. Yes, you will see your photos on your phones. Some may show up nearly immediately, more often, they appear sometime later on that day, and occasionally not until the next day or so.

Any time you have a PhotoPass photo taken, whether you have Memory Maker or not, that photo will be available for you to view through My Disney Experience either on your computer, or through the app on your mobile device. You can view them for 45 days from the day they were taken, and can purchase them at any time.

MemoryMaker is just a way of purchasing all of your photos ahead of time. When you have Memory Maker, in addition to being able to view the photos in My Disney Experience, you can also download them all.

Enjoy your trip, and your photos!

Pictures taken by a PhotoPass photographer appear fairly quickly. Ride photos seem to take longer.
We experienced this a couple of weeks ago. It took almost 24 hours for our Slinky Dog ride photo to appear in our account. I was burning up my phone battery refreshing the page over and over. We do several trips a year, but on this last trip it seemed like ride photos took much longer to load than ever.

I am not surprised that there are issues using the WDW website. From the main website, I went to My Disney Experience, then under Photography, I clicked on My Photos. On the new page, I clicked on Products, and then Memory Maker Advance Purchase, and then clicked on Buy Now, and then Add to cart, and then Check Out. That brought me to the page where you pay. I backed out there, as I don't really want to purchase it. I assume if I was able to get that far, it would have let me finish the purchase.

If that doesn't work for you, perhaps clear your browser cache, and / or history, or try from a different browser (I did this in Chrome) or try calling Disney (407) 939 5277 and making the purchase over the phone.

I was just about to call and figured I'd try a few more things. Clearing cookies, incognito, new browser wasn't working. What finally worked for me was NOT logging myself in and doing a search for the Memory Maker web page. I was able to order there and it FINALLY added it to my cart. Once in my cart, THEN it asked me to log in and then after more song-and-dance, trouble getting my credit card info to stay, etc.....it finally took.

Tooooo muchhhhh workkkkk!!! lol

I was just about to call and figured I'd try a few more things. Clearing cookies, incognito, new browser wasn't working. What finally worked for me was NOT logging myself in and doing a search for the Memory Maker web page. I was able to order there and it FINALLY added it to my cart. Once in my cart, THEN it asked me to log in and then after more song-and-dance, trouble getting my credit card info to stay, etc.....it finally took.

Tooooo muchhhhh workkkkk!!! lol
Sorry it was such a hassle for you. This, sadly, is not unusual for the Disney website / app. Glad you did finally manage to get it to work though!

To those struggling with website issues, have found recently that the Disney site is working better on Firefox than Chrome. First rule of trouble-shooting, try a different browser!

I have a different question for those of you who are frequent Disney travelers. I wanted to download our photos from the most recent trip, without having to re-download all 3000+ from the past 13 months. Before the last trip it took hours (literally), and we don't need ALL of them again, just the ones from this month. Please tell me there is a way to sort or select photos to download. It takes 10 minutes of scrolling and page loading just to see the photos from this trip on the website because our extended family of 12 Annual Passholders has visited so many times (I know, first-world problems) and the page always starts with LAST July's photos. Does anyone know a way to view and/or download the recent stuff without re-downloading every photo ever taken?

To those struggling with website issues, have found recently that the Disney site is working better on Firefox than Chrome. First rule of trouble-shooting, try a different browser!

I have a different question for those of you who are frequent Disney travelers. I wanted to download our photos from the most recent trip, without having to re-download all 3000+ from the past 13 months. Before the last trip it took hours (literally), and we don't need ALL of them again, just the ones from this month. Please tell me there is a way to sort or select photos to download. It takes 10 minutes of scrolling and page loading just to see the photos from this trip on the website because our extended family of 12 Annual Passholders has visited so many times (I know, first-world problems) and the page always starts with LAST July's photos. Does anyone know a way to view and/or download the recent stuff without re-downloading every photo ever taken?

There are only two options when downloading with Memory Maker. Option number one is single photo download. You COULD do this for every photo from your most recent trip. This would likely also take a fair bit of time. Option number two is download everything.

A good strategy here might be to take a trip, edit the photos as you see fit, download them all, then delete everything off the server before your next trip. Sorry I don't have a better answer for you :(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!