Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

oh no so sorry- to many topics opened at once !!!
No need to apologize, just wanted to make sure I understood what you were asking about.

There is no refresh button in the app. Instead, you chose what ever FP is available, then try to modify it. When you get to chose the time, keep changing times. Each time you select a different time to look for, it will refresh the list of available FP. Often, by doing this over and over, you will eventually get the time you are looking for. The same can be done looking for different rides, each time you search again, it will bring up a new list of what is available, and the lists often change from minute to minute.

We are traveling with family. We allowed sharing of photos. One family can see the photos but not download. How can we download the photos. We are all linked in family and friends.

We are traveling with family. We allowed sharing of photos. One family can see the photos but not download. How can we download the photos. We are all linked in family and friends.

only the account that purchased the memory maker can edit and download the photos - so ruther they will have to give you their mde acct info or have them do all the edits and download and give them all to you on a usb drive

only the account that purchased the memory maker can edit and download the photos - so ruther they will have to give you their mde acct info or have them do all the edits and download and give them all to you on a usb drive
Thank you. I figured it would be easier to get an answer here than through Disney. I was right :)

Sorry if this has been answered in the previous 20 pages, but just purchased Memorymaker in advance of our trip next week. How does it "know" to connect it to my trip since I didn't buy it when I booked the rest of it? Do I have to link it somewhere?

Sorry if this has been answered in the previous 20 pages, but just purchased Memorymaker in advance of our trip next week. How does it "know" to connect it to my trip since I didn't buy it when I booked the rest of it? Do I have to link it somewhere?
MDE has the option to link these to your booking if they are not already there.

I called and was told I will never see it on my app but it's connected (I can see in my browser in a place I never would have looked). Frustrating but glad to know I'm set.

I called and was told I will never see it on my app but it's connected (I can see in my browser in a place I never would have looked). Frustrating but glad to know I'm set.
The way that the MDE app, and website function are often frustrating. Any time you don't see something you are looking for in the app, the first thing to do is to check the website. The opposite is also true.

Glad you got it sorted - in some instances MDE on a computer operates differently to the MDE App.

Last week was our second time using memory maker and I'm probably going to bypass using it again. I feel, like some have stated on this board the pictures are mostly all the same posing and we are not very creative on that end and it ends up being just us standing next to each other over and over except the backgrounds change. I know it's hard for the photographers to pose everyone but sometimes there was no one waiting so it's those times that I think they could help the people get a better experience out of it.

I also was very disappointed that on two rides that take pictures, Mine Train and Expedition Everest people had to put their hands up and then our faces were blocked. Maybe this does seem trivial but I pay for this and it's not cheap and for that picture to be ruined by someones hands in front of my face is disappointing, and trying to get to ride those rides again to try again is just not possible.

I don't think that I would ever purchase this as an extra but are pleased to have it included in our package deal which also included the basic dining plan which we upgraded to the DDP.

If you purchase Memory Maker expecting every photo to be professional quality, you will be disappointed. Professional photographers often charge $100 or more per image. Obviously, with Memory Maker, you can get quite a few images for $100, so expecting them all to be professional quality is setting yourself up for disappointment.

We have had Memory Maker quite a few times over the years. The vast majority of the photos are decent. They aren't standout great, they aren't bad. There are a couple that came out poorly, and a couple that really came out great.

The big advantage to Memory Maker, at least for me, is that we get photos with the entire family in them. I am the family photographer. I am no professional, but I am decent, and can often take photos that are at least as good as what we get from Memory Maker, but what I can't do is take photos with myself in them. Memory Maker provides just what the name implies, memories, that we would not have if I were the one taking the photos.

Last edited:
If you purchase Memory Maker expecting every photo to be professional quality, you will be disappointed. Professional photographers often charge $100 per or more per image. Obviously, with Memory Maker, you can get quite a few images for $100, so expecting them all to be professional quality is setting yourself up for disappointment.

We have had Memory Maker quite a few times over the years. The vast majority of the photos are decent. They aren't standout great, they aren't bad. There are a couple that came out poorly, and a couple that really came out great.

The big advantage to Memory Maker, at least for me, is that we get photos with the entire family in them. I am the family photographer. I am no professional, but I am decent, and can often take photos that are at least as good as what we get from Memory Maker, but what I can't do is take photos with myself in them. Memory Maker provides just what is say, memories, that we would not have if I were the one taking the photos.
I have spent so many years being the one behind the camera/video camera that I was delighted when we used Memory Maker for the first time in 2016 (came as part of our trip package). Our package this year also includes it and am looking forward again to being in front of the camera with Maggie instead of taking solo shots of her in the parks and on the rides.

If you purchase Memory Maker expecting every photo to be professional quality, you will be disappointed. Professional photographers often charge $100 per or more per image. Obviously, with Memory Maker, you can get quite a few images for $100, so expecting them all to be professional quality is setting yourself up for disappointment.

The big advantage to Memory Maker, at least for me, is that we get photos with the entire family in them. I am the family photographer. I am no professional, but I am decent, and can often take photos that are at least as good as what we get from Memory Maker, but what I can't do is take photos with myself in them. Memory Maker provides just what is say, memories, that we would not have if I were the one taking the photos.

This is why I'm excited -- if we don't do this, all the pictures will be of only my husband and kids. I'd like some documentation that I was on this trip, LOL.

We have a group of us going down together (about 14) and I wanted to check and see if we need to buy Memory Maker or not. My brother is an annual passholder (platinum plus) and we are all linked in the My Disney Experience app. He will be with us for most of the trip, but then some of us will be going to the Halloween party and staying a few extra days after he leaves.

So, my question is will all of our pictures show up on his annual pass Memory Maker (and he can download all the pictures for the group, including the Halloween party and days he isn't there) or do we need to purchase a different one for the people at the Halloween party.

Thanks for any info. We asked a couple of people at Disney on the phone when we were making other reservations and received a different answer each time.

So, my question is will all of our pictures show up on his annual pass Memory Maker (and he can download all the pictures for the group, including the Halloween party and days he isn't there)
Yes as long as everyone has checked Share Photos in their respective MDX accounts/Profiles.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter