Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

Often the answer to issues with any of the Disney websites is to try clearing your cache and cookies, or try a different browser, or try a private / incognito browsing session / tab.

I've tried searching "how many times you can download" and can't find an answer. We were a traveling party of 12 (three families), I have given everybody my sign in to view and edit pictures. My question is if Family #1 edits and wants to download just their pictures to their computer, can Family #2 edit and download just theirs to their computer, and then can I download all the pictures to my computer? In summary can we download multiple times, or do we just get one shot at a download? Thanks

I've tried searching "how many times you can download" and can't find an answer. We were a traveling party of 12 (three families), I have given everybody my sign in to view and edit pictures. My question is if Family #1 edits and wants to download just their pictures to their computer, can Family #2 edit and download just theirs to their computer, and then can I download all the pictures to my computer? In summary can we download multiple times, or do we just get one shot at a download? Thanks
It is difficult and cumbersome to download just select photos from a large group. When you create your downloads, you have two options: Single Photo, or the entire set. When you do it photo by photo, you wind up with many many download files in your downloads section, and it becomes quite slow.

My suggestion is you have every member of your party make their edits, then, when all editing is done, you create one full download set, and every member then downloads that full set, and simply deletes the photos that aren't theirs from their computer.

Now then, to address the question you asked, there is no limit. You can download your photos as many times as you like until they expire and are removed from the server.

Thanks so much for the help!

It is difficult and cumbersome to download just select photos from a large group. When you create your downloads, you have two options: Single Photo, or the entire set. When you do it photo by photo, you wind up with many many download files in your downloads section, and it becomes quite slow.

My suggestion is you have every member of your party make their edits, then, when all editing is done, you create one full download set, and every member then downloads that full set, and simply deletes the photos that aren't theirs from their computer.

Now then, to address the question you asked, there is no limit. You can download your photos as many times as you like until they expire and are removed from the server.

Here is a link to a post regarding the automated from FoxC63 who has a great Magic Shots thread going.

https://www.disboards.com/threads/magic-shots-current-listings.3619546/page-20#post-59964152

Maybe the 'lots of shots' will be redeeming.

Multiple cameras will capture numerous memorable moments during a character interaction, allowing guests to choose from a wider variety of character photos.

Nevermind Papa Dan! I found the answer on another post. As always, the character greeter can take a pic with my phone when I ask. That's who has always done it previously. I think a couple of times the photopass photographer did, but more likely it was the handler.

Last edited:
It appears this will begin 11/26 and be at 9 indoor photo locations. There will still be over 100 regular photopass photographers out and about. The automated systems will take photos throughout the entire experience. Universal also does this already at some of their photo locations.

Have you any successful photos with this method? I'd be curious to hear or see the results.

I meant at Universal, I apologize. I noticed you said they already had this in place and was just wondering if you had any pictures. I guess this doesn't start at Disney till early 2019?
Universal does it at Volcano Bay and some select locations in their theme parks. I haven’t personally used it. People seem to be okay with it there.

Yes starts at Disney in early 2019.

Universal does it at Volcano Bay and some select locations in their theme parks. I haven’t personally used it. People seem to be okay with it there.

Yes starts at Disney in early 2019.

I appreciate your input! That's good to know at Universal it seems to be going over well!

We are annual passholders and haven't been to the parks since Memory Maker started. I am confused as to what exactly comes with our AP's. The website says we get unlimited PhotoPass downloads, but nothing about Memory Maker. So is that something we would need to purchase separately?

We are annual passholders and haven't been to the parks since Memory Maker started. I am confused as to what exactly comes with our AP's. The website says we get unlimited PhotoPass downloads, but nothing about Memory Maker. So is that something we would need to purchase separately?

Photopass is the old name, I believe that is the company Walt Disney uses for the pictures. Memory Maker is the name of the package now.

PhotoPass is the name of the service which provides pictures at Walt Disney World. Memory Maker is a specific product that is offered by the PhotoPass service.

If you have a photo taken in Disney, that is a PhotoPass photo. You can purchase just that one photo if you like, from PhotoPass. You could also chose to purchase the Memory Maker product, which would allow you to download ALL of the PhotoPass photos you have taken.

Your Annual Pass includes unlimited downloads, which is the same thing as Memory Maker. Any, and all photos you have taken at Disney World will be available for you to download, with no additional purchase / charge, for the duration of your Annual Pass. There is no need for you to purchase a Memory Maker, or any other photo product. I hope that makes things a bit more clear for you.

PhotoPass is the name of the service which provides pictures at Walt Disney World. Memory Maker is a specific product that is offered by the PhotoPass service.

If you have a photo taken in Disney, that is a PhotoPass photo. You can purchase just that one photo if you like, from PhotoPass. You could also chose to purchase the Memory Maker product, which would allow you to download ALL of the PhotoPass photos you have taken.

Your Annual Pass includes unlimited downloads, which is the same thing as Memory Maker. Any, and all photos you have taken at Disney World will be available for you to download, with no additional purchase / charge, for the duration of your Annual Pass. There is no need for you to purchase a Memory Maker, or any other photo product. I hope that makes things a bit more clear for you.

Well Mr @Tomh you sure did explain that MUCH better than I did! :tongue:

Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I'm sure the answer is super simple but my brain is not cooperating today.:sad2:

I called WDW and purchased Memory Maker last week. I'm trying to figure out how to link it to MDE. I have a confirmation number. What am I missing? Do I do this when we arrive?

Thanks!:)

Hi everyone! Happy New Year! I'm sure the answer is super simple but my brain is not cooperating today.:sad2:

I called WDW and purchased Memory Maker last week. I'm trying to figure out how to link it to MDE. I have a confirmation number. What am I missing? Do I do this when we arrive?

Thanks!:)
On the MDE website, click on "Add More Plans" in the "My Plans, Reservations and Tickets" section. On the drop list that opens, click on "Link Reservations and Purchases".

Thank you so much! That is the way I understood it, but so many things have changed or changed names in the 6 years since we have been that it is overwhelming!

Thank you so much! That is the way I understood it, but so many things have changed or changed names in the 6 years since we have been that it is overwhelming!

You are quite welcome. I am thrilled that my explanation was helpful to you! The DIS was so very helpful to me on those first couple of trips, it is wonderful to now be in a position where I can give back some of that help to others.

You're not kidding about the name changes. We made our first family trip back in 2008, and have been going yearly since. I have lost track of how many things have changed, or changed names since that trip.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter