Everything PhotoPass & Memory Maker

They said the pics might have showed up again on the app due to their website migration.
There's some serious strangeness going with the PhotoPass website. Yesterday, the PhotoPass website was TOTALLY different and I was missing probably HALF of my pictures and some of the magic shots where missing the overlays. Today, the old PhotoPass website is back and the missing pictures are back. Also, I swear I'm seeing photos for linked family & friends from Oct 2018 that weren't there before.

There's some serious strangeness going with the PhotoPass website. Yesterday, the PhotoPass website was TOTALLY different and I was missing probably HALF of my pictures and some of the magic shots where missing the overlays. Today, the old PhotoPass website is back and the missing pictures are back. Also, I swear I'm seeing photos for linked family & friends from Oct 2018 that weren't there before.

It IS strange. I just got a text from Photopass a couple of minutes ago saying I have new photos. I haven't been to WDW since October!! So they must be fooling with the system.

We are thinking about getting Memory Maker for our upcoming trip.
When a photo or video is taken on a ride, how do you get it on MDE?
Is there a place you go near the ride to have your magic band scanned? If so, are these lines long?

Is there a place you go near the ride to have your magic band scanned? If so, are these lines long?
That depends on the ride to some extent. The rides are supposed to automatically read your Magic Band, and place the photo into your MDE. On some rides, there is a display after the ride (Test Track, and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin come to mind) where you can scan your Magic Band to claim your photo. This shouldn't be necessary, thought it isn't a bad idea to go ahead and scan it anyway just to be sure you get the photo. Other rides, like Pirates of the Caribbean, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train do not have an option to manually claim your photos, and so you just have to count on them to automatically link.

That depends on the ride to some extent. The rides are supposed to automatically read your Magic Band, and place the photo into your MDE. On some rides, there is a display after the ride (Test Track, and Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin come to mind) where you can scan your Magic Band to claim your photo. This shouldn't be necessary, thought it isn't a bad idea to go ahead and scan it anyway just to be sure you get the photo. Other rides, like Pirates of the Caribbean, and Seven Dwarfs Mine Train do not have an option to manually claim your photos, and so you just have to count on them to automatically link.

Just wanted to let you know that if any ride photos don’t show in your PhotoPass account in 24 hours or so, you can send a Missing Photos email from the PhotoPass website. The PhotoPass staff have been amazing in finding photos that I thought were lost!

Just wanted to let you know that if any ride photos don’t show in your PhotoPass account in 24 hours or so, you can send a Missing Photos email from the PhotoPass website. The PhotoPass staff have been amazing in finding photos that I thought were lost!
You can also fill out the form HERE to have them find your missing ride (or other) photos.

It IS strange. I just got a text from Photopass a couple of minutes ago saying I have new photos. I haven't been to WDW since October!! So they must be fooling with the system.

I got a message too, about photos that were taken the beginning of December

I’m headed down with my girlfriends for a trip and am thinking about getting Memory Maker for the group. I just read the terms and conditions for Memory Maker. Under the license agreement, it seems that you can’t share the photos included with anyone else. Is this true? I don’t want to do anything wrong. Thanks!

I’m headed down with my girlfriends for a trip and am thinking about getting Memory Maker for the group. I just read the terms and conditions for Memory Maker. Under the license agreement, it seems that you can’t share the photos included with anyone else. Is this true? I don’t want to do anything wrong. Thanks!
I have always shared the photos with my travel group. You will be fine.

Thanks, Tomh!
You're welcome. I know the wording on the agreement makes it sound as if sharing with anyone is a no no, however, I can't imagine them including the "family and friends" feature, and allowing you to get the photos of your family members, and expecting that you won't share the photos with them.

Reactions: OBH
We had memory maker included with our tickets for our visit to WDW in December. This was our first trip and although I downloaded the photos I didn't realise until I read this post today that you can actually edit/add borders etc in memory maker. I would have loved to have done this but our photos are no longer showing (think our time expired in the last couple of days). Is there any way I can access these again to edit them on memory maker?

I'm assuming the answer is no but thought id ask the experts just in case.

Thanks

In having a hard time deciding between Memory Maker and a mini portrait session. I'm a hobby photographer, so I know we'll have tons of shots from the parks, and if there's a backdrop I want I can always ask the Photopass photographer to use my camera. We don't have any recent professional family portraits, so the mini session would be valuable. I'm the other hand, it's $239 with tax for 20 minutes as opposed to $169 or so for 9 days... Thoughts? Advice?

We had memory maker included with our tickets for our visit to WDW in December. This was our first trip and although I downloaded the photos I didn't realise until I read this post today that you can actually edit/add borders etc in memory maker. I would have loved to have done this but our photos are no longer showing (think our time expired in the last couple of days). Is there any way I can access these again to edit them on memory maker?

Thanks

@Tomh can probably answer better than I, but I'm going to assume if you can no longer see your pics you can't do the borders and such. I thought on the Memory Maker page for downloads you could see the option to edit and do borders. It's been awhile since I've been on it and won't be again till after our trip in June, but I'm almost positive the option to do this is explained along with the general rules of Memory Maker. Please correct me @Tomh if I'm wrong.

In having a hard time deciding between Memory Maker and a mini portrait session. I'm a hobby photographer, so I know we'll have tons of shots from the parks, and if there's a backdrop I want I can always ask the Photopass photographer to use my camera. We don't have any recent professional family portraits, so the mini session would be valuable. I'm the other hand, it's $239 with tax for 20 minutes as opposed to $169 or so for 9 days... Thoughts? Advice?

You've already done the math. In my opinion you're going to come out much better for $169 over your 9 day trip. There's no comparison really. I'm sure the mini portrait session is amazing, but 20 minutes as opposed to 9 days of Memory Maker pics.....that can be 100s of pictures if say you take 11 Photopass pics a day. That's easily done in Disney with all the Meet and Greets and the photographers stationed at different areas throughout the park. And considering they don't just take one pic but 3-4 at a minimum, you could well have close to 200+ pics by the time your trip is over. And you can very well take one of the PhotoPass pics and make it your "professional" one. There's one they took of my husband, son, and I as we were walking back into Futureworld with Spaceship Earth behind us....it's an amazing picture! I can very well, send that pic to my husband, who is a graphic artist and have him print it out for us and buy a nice frame to put it in if that tells you anything about the quality of pics taken by the photographers.

Thanks

Each of your photos expire from the server 45 days after they are taken. At that point, they disappear. It *might* be worth contacting Photopass to see if some pixie dust can come your way, but certainly, there are no guarantees.

I would do the 9 days of Memory Maker as opposed to the one short session, but that is just me.

I don't know if this would be the right area to put this, but I'm going to give some info we never thought about as it pertains to photos on rides. Request to be seated in the same car. We have multiple photos where two people are in the back of one car, and the other in the front of the next. So there are two photos, which is fine, but I'd rather see our family together in our pictures. This happened on RNRC, SDD, 7D, and to an extent TOT (they put 2 others on the other side, instead of behind us).

We are doing a long weekend trip with only 2 park days. Is the 1-day memory maker still available for $59? What I understand is after we have a photo taken on any given day we can buy the 1 day, correct? I’d like to do this for each park day. $118 is better than $169 (or $199!).

I don't know if this would be the right area to put this, but I'm going to give some info we never thought about as it pertains to photos on rides. Request to be seated in the same car. We have multiple photos where two people are in the back of one car, and the other in the front of the next. So there are two photos, which is fine, but I'd rather see our family together in our pictures. This happened on RNRC, SDD, 7D, and to an extent TOT (they put 2 others on the other side, instead of behind us).

We have quite a few of those photos too, and I have to say, I never thought to request that our entire family be seated in the same car.

We are doing a long weekend trip with only 2 park days. Is the 1-day memory maker still available for $59? What I understand is after we have a photo taken on any given day we can buy the 1 day, correct? I’d like to do this for each park day. $118 is better than $169 (or $199!).

Memory Maker one day is still available, however, the price is not $59. The first post in this thread shows the price at $69.95. At the moment, I don't recall where I got that piece of information from, however, there is an official Disney webpage which puts the price at $69. You can view that page, with the associated One Day Memory Maker information HERE That would make your two day purchase $138. Still a bit better than $169.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!